saturday decadence, decadence, all is decadence, hurrah!

'ning

nippier

ride up and down, cafes, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Off out for a 40-50 km low effort spin. Then Saturday stuff, then out with Mrs B³ for dinner.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    oxoman said:

Keep OH happy.

What?!
    How?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Troglodytes

Coffee
    Veggie patch to dig
    'Orse muck to fetch and chuck on top and dig in
    Then chill
    Tomorrow sun. Honest. That's wot they said on the telly. Pedal methinks.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Kids party in the lounge and ours in the kitchen collided with much fun last night.

Run in the hills with a pal soon, then unknown agenda as the wife maybe dead after last nights ale
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Successfully detoxed myself off the Codine. Walked 2 miles yesterday with less discomfort than I get sitting. So more walking today and at least 3 cyclocross races on the telly followed by a road race in Spain.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Sounds like Webboo is in a better state than Mrs TLW 😂
    I can't walk more than a couple of hundred yards still, going to try Stevo's tip for getting on a bike later. Other than that getting my hair cut and fixing a friend's bike.
  • Moaning,

good luck with the mounting V68, take it slowly

Been feeling crap so had a lye-in... drinking tea :)
    Shopping
    cyclocross
    Rugby (with beer)
    followed by more beer :D

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Sounds like Webboo is in a better state than Mrs TLW 😂
    I can't walk more than a couple of hundred yards still, going to try Stevo's tip for getting on a bike later. Other than that getting my hair cut and fixing a friend's bike.

Remember, the main thing is to do it when nobody is looking :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited February 2023
    Busy day as ended up down the pub with the neighbours last night so didn't manage to stock up on stuff as planned. Off out again in a bit to get a prescription gor the hounds and visit the shed shop to let Mrs. 666 decide on a paint colour for her fancy new potting shed that's going in down the far end of the garden, in place of the heap of rotting wood that the last owners left behind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

Keep OH happy.

What?!
    How?!

Basically what she says or wants go's.
    Very wise, never underestimate the value of a quiet life
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    edited February 2023

oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

Keep OH happy.

What?!
    How?!

Basically what she says or wants go's.
    Very wise, never underestimate the value of a quiet life
    Top tip I read recently which seems to work. Ask her what she thinks you've got planned for her and congratulate her for getting it correct. Assuming she picks something decent. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    I note they've closed Roehampton to Richmond Gate to motorised traffic at weekends, as well as the permanent closure of Broomfield hill.

Therefore yoooge groups of bikes everywhere in the park. I heard wheels behind and shoulder checked and found a group of 10 strung out behind me, all in their club kit. I suppose I do punch a biggish hole in the air, but lazy gits... I just did the one lap, then went elsewhere.

Now lying on my back with sore legs.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    After many (many more than expected) hours of big boys' lego-ing this week, finally got all the component sections of the new greenhouse completed. Now ready for The Build next week, helped by bro on a visit, assuming the wind does not start doing a hoolie. And the drizzle does one as well.

Time to watch some (non moneyball) sports, concoct a lamb, sweet pepper and sweet potato based dish for laterz, coffee, hot soak, pour a glass or several. Plan.
  • veronese68
    Successful day, fixed friend's bike and tried riding one of mine. The Stevo method was rather clumsy to say the least, riding the EPO's was rather easier so might use that for bimbling about locally. Definitely much easier than walking. Won't be doing laps of Richmond Park even if B³ is punching a hole in the air.