'ning

smidge less nippy

ride, nip into gmc for a natter, cafe, bail, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Bashi Bazouks

Grey and dull and not a lot of wind and will go pedal and see how much the left hip parts clunk around a bit.
    Rollers are too smooth and hypnotise you into imaginary smooth roads in stunning scenery with blue skies, fluffy white clouds, harmonious bird song and naked women cheering you on...*

Laters.

*I might have got carried away just a touch there.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    First set of exercises and walk round house completed. Feeling a bit sore in other places than my hip. Todays plan is more exercises and walking and trying to reduce my Codine intake.
    Oh and watch some bike races.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Morning Slackers,

Back to the cave today. Good sleep last night in account t of yesterday's communt. Seems a pint of tramp fuel makes me faster, so must try that again.

Off to see the quack at lunchtime to get the results of my MRI scan, hopefully nothing to report.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning Slackers,

Back to the cave today. Good sleep last night in account t of yesterday's communt. Seems a pint of tramp fuel makes me faster, so must try that again.

Off to see the quack at lunchtime to get the results of my MRI scan, hopefully nothing to report.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Second visit from the P fairy this morning and managed to scratch the rim with the tyre glider.

In the middle of a health kick so currently starving. Comedy night later.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning Slackers,

Doesn't your internal wiring make for fuzzy images?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

What would be a funny profession to mention if you were singled out by a comedian?
  • webboo
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

What would be a funny profession to mention if you were singled out by a comedian?
    Comedian.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

Comedian.
    Maybe one that couldn’t backfire horribly.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    WFH, lots to do but suffering a dose of CBA so posting on here instead whilst supping a cup of rosie. Might brave a trip to a local hostelry with the EPO later.
    Good sign if things other than the hip are bothering you Webboo, hope they're nothing serious. Good luck with the quack Stevo. If one pint of tramp fuel makes you faster, imagine what 6 could do. You could be as fast as TLW.
    Seano, don't do what some guy did at the comedy night we went to on Monday, he was sat in the front row, when asked he said he worked in a bank, when asked what the most disappointing part of the job was he said something about when they can't help people's dreams come true. He got picked on all night after that. Another heckler was asked what she did and replied she was a nurse, comedian complained that wasn't fair as it made her untouchable and he couldn't eviscerate her like he could bankers that fail to make dreams come true.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

Fluffer?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Good luck with the quack Stevo. If one pint of tramp fuel makes you faster, imagine what 6 could do. You could be as fast as TLW.

The Quack was at pains this was purely precautionary (read arris covering for them to rule out the Big C) so not too worried.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning Slackers,

Doesn't your internal wiring make for fuzzy images?
    You would think my metal endoskelton might cause a few problems in the MRI. Mind you that wasn't on on their pre-scan questionnaire.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

Hmm... I was actually referring to the health kick and not eating part of your post.

But to answer your question:

You issue Turtle's fines for speeding
    Used knicker inspector
    You have a degree in sports science and geology so you run up hills to look at rocks
    'I have a full time job just being me'
    Crash test dummy
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This won't end well.

Hmm... I was actually referring to the health kick and not eating part of your post.

But to answer your question:

You issue Turtle's fines for speeding
    Used knicker inspector
    You have a degree in sports science and geology so you run up hills to look at rocks
    'I have a full time job just being me'
    Crash test dummy
    Health kick, not eating. Going out drinking, not ending well with no food in belly 👍
  • seanoconn
    I’m torn between nurse and necromancer.
  • webboo
    seanoconn said:

I’m torn between nurse and necromancer.

Mental health nurse. “Oh I bet you are analysing me right now” “ why the f*ck would I want to do that”
    Might get a laugh.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, got the all clear from the Quack. He's asked me to do a PSA blood test in 3 months just to check nothing has changed, but definitely no Big C. Might have a little celebratory drink tonight.

Quick appointment so had time to nip down the Albanian car wash and turn the Panzer from brown back to blue.

• veronese68
    Good news Stevo.
    Nice to see one of those that's not road coloured. Many years ago when I worked for Radbourne Racing they used to run Renault 5 Turbos in electric blue, it got removed from the list and replaced with tungsten grey. The number of people pulling out on us went up dramatically so we took to driving with the headlights on in daylight if doing demos.
  • Stevo_666

Good news Stevo.
    Nice to see one of those that's not road coloured. Many years ago when I worked for Radbourne Racing they used to run Renault 5 Turbos in electric blue, it got removed from the list and replaced with tungsten grey. The number of people pulling out on us went up dramatically so we took to driving with the headlights on in daylight if doing demos.

I preferred Chelsea blue to Battleship grey :)

R5 GT Turbos were great cars.
  • veronese68
    edited February 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

R5 GT Turbos were great cars.

Indeed and we sold some heavily modified examples, they were a right laugh. One of the mechanics got into trouble on the way to Donington as he passed the MD of Renault UK doing over 140 in an R5, main problem was the large sticker with the company name on it as he disappeared over the horizon.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long couple of days in meeting hell. Thankfully cider and friends over for dinner tonight - so a return to normality