thursday creating a spare universe just in case

'ning

smidge less nippy

lazy start, cafe stroll, wealth manager chap treating me to brekkie and tax avoidance, smidge of wfh, laze and plot hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Slept well again. Pain seems to be decreasing as mobility increases. However swollen ankle/ foot is causing me concern. Now awaiting a call back from the hospital.
    First exs and laps of house done.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    webboo said:

Morning
    Slept well again. Pain seems to be decreasing as mobility increases. However swollen ankle/ foot is causing me concern. Now awaiting a call back from the hospital.
    First exs and laps of house done.

Half marathon Sunday and than Brabantse Pijl sportive the following week?

First few days are the worst but you're over that hump now. Don't over do things. Don't pile on weight - eat the right foods. Don't order hookers and blow just yet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Misty foggy mild grey.
    Humph.

Sauna helped with the head cold but didn't cure.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    sungod said:

'wealth manager chap treating me to brekkie and tax avoidance

Good man.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Up way too early but at least it wasn't cold on the ride in. Fuelling up with my usual pig and chicken based snacks plus a spot of caffeine.

The ski holiday plan is starting to come together B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Hospital say swollen ankle is to be expected and long there is no calf pain there’s nothing to worry about. So todays walk walked to the village hall and back.
    Tomorrow might be an expedition to the village boundary.
    Just the two cycle races to watch today.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Near my place there used to be a orthopaedic hospital and they used to kick the hip replacement folks out with a walking stick everyday with a set distance to walk. We used to see them walking miles everyday in all weathers. TBH this was when they kept you in the hospital for 2wks minimum.

Yep, last time in I was operated on on the Monday and out on the Thursday of the same week.
    But they didn't flush the epidural site and I was severely nauseous for another 7 days after coming home, struggling to eat, struggling to sleep. And the cure (from Hans the anaesthetist)?; black coffee. That helped me sleep too [insert rolling eyes icon].
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks, busy day in the orifice again, looking forward to WFH tomorrow. Definitely feeling rather milder out today, still a bit of light when I left at 5 which was nice. Getting colder next week though.
    Glad you're on the mend Webboo.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    My knees are effin' effed. So painful. Age is it?

Another several hours sesh of big boys' lego putting together glasshouse components. A lot of kneeling and scrabbling about. This unit is designed to withstand strong winds etc so the joints are not simple. Which means mucho 🤔 this way, that way, xxxx it why does that not work?

Anyways, progressing.

And still a lot better than desk jockeying 😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Lucky 'loon, not the bad knees, but the freeeedooooom (TM William Wallace)

At least another 10 years of desk jockeying for me, 6.5 more years of school fees, at least 3 years university. There'll be 3 years of the mortgages left by then, so unless inheritance has kicked in, I'd better work those 3 as well, while squirrelling into the sh1tty pension fund.

If I can keep up the rate of salary increase since Sept 2018, I'll be laughing (very unlikely) . Average of 12% p.a, compared to average inflation p.a. over that time of 5.5% (quick Google, no idea if accurate).

Assuming I live that long of course.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Another several hours sesh of big boys' lego putting together glasshouse components. A lot of kneeling and scrabbling about. This unit is designed to withstand strong winds etc so the joints are not simple. Which means mucho 🤔 this way, that way, xxxx it why does that not work?

Anyways, progressing.

Silly question: have you got a kneeling pad?
    See when I was doing PPP, I got into the habit of using a pad (bin liner and an old cushion) 'cos even a couple of hours doing ground works would leave me walking funny (and I ain't nearly as old as you :smile: )
  • pinno

Lucky 'loon, not the bad knees, but the freeeedooooom (TM William Wallace)

At least another 10 years of desk jockeying for me, 6.5 more years of school fees, at least 3 years university. There'll be 3 years of the mortgages left by then, so unless inheritance has kicked in, I'd better work those 3 as well, while squirrelling into the sh1tty pension fund.

If I can keep up the rate of salary increase since Sept 2018, I'll be laughing (very unlikely) . Average of 12% p.a, compared to average inflation p.a. over that time of 5.5% (quick Google, no idea if accurate).

Assuming I live that long of course.

There is no way you are a happy bunny.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    Managed a quick beer with a mate after work. Fully justified as his old man died last week so a spot of moral support over a pint of tramp fuel was called for. Funeral out West two weeks tomorrow.
  • pinno
    You understand why roofers are cripples.

Have you got those action pants with knee pads Oxo?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Anyways, progressing.

Silly question: have you got a kneeling pad?
    See when I was doing PPP, I got into the habit of using a pad (bin liner and an old cushion) 'cos even a couple of hours doing ground works would leave me walking funny (and I ain't nearly as old as you :smile: )
    As a maintenance engineer / electrician I've spent a working lifetime on my knees and can honestly say I wish id started using kneepads 20yrs before I did. Nothing worse than kneeling for a long time as it cuts off circulation to the joints if in the wrong position or you find stone or similar. Steel checker plate is the worst. So listen to me and Pinno.
    even us indolent southerners need them, knees hurt for days after kneeling on a tiled floor while putting my bike together on hols, always use a cushion/similar now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Wouldn’t even attempt to kneel without some kind of cushioning. Know a couple of floor layers with completely buggered knees.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Spent a lot of time on my knees in my gardening years, always used the strap on hard shell gel inside pads, still use them. 🤔 maybe I should check the internals, can't remember how many years this pair has been in use. Or get a cushion.