wednesday a troubled stream from a pure source

'ning

a bit nippy

ride cafes wfh, perhaps a catnap or nine
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Day off today looking after kids (teachers strike) fry up, eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans (not the cat) Familiarise myself with the kids home learning so they can’t con me. Threaten children then off for a quick bike ride.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Decent night sleep with minimal pain. First exercises done. Soxon has arrived so I can play at getting my own socks on today. However ankle on hip repair side is rather swollen to extent my foot looks like a trotter.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    webboo said:

Morning
    Decent night sleep with minimal pain. First exercises done. Soxon has arrived so I can play at getting my own socks on today. However ankle on hip repair side is rather swollen to extent my foot looks like a trotter.

Ooh!
    Can you raise the leg for a while?
    Are you on Warfarin injections?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    yep, try getting your leg up, if not over
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Morning Bashi Bazouks of the Bottom Bracket bin

I see Homer has been off piste since arriving at the snow.
    I mean who would want to have some fun in the snow going downhill fast with stunning scenery, drinking various beers surrounded by exotic Swiss, French, Italian and German women, plus lovely food?
    Makes nooooo sense really.
    I can't imagine it.
    I mean, what for?
    Who the hell would want to do that?
    I just don't understand some people.
  • pinno
    Day 4 Webboo(?) and you got a good night's sleep. That's good going.
  • pinno
    What sports will you get the kids doing Seano?
    I mean, physical education is important and you must show them how it's done.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning

Ooh!
    Can you raise the leg for a while?
    Are you on Warfarin injections?
    Not Warfarin jabs thankfully. On Apixaban tablets, I have been elevating it once I’d noticed it. It’s not any warmer than the other ankle so not too concerned and all the stuff I’ve been given mentions post operative swelling.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Nice ride in - quite bright, tailwind etc. Winter legs and weight though :( Must improve before trip to Tenerife in mid March.

• seanoconn

Nice ride in - quite bright, tailwind etc. Winter legs and weight though :( Must improve before trip to Tenerife in mid March.

As long as you’ve carefully selected fatter and older friends to ride with in Tenerife, you’ll be fine 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

What sports will you get the kids doing Seano?
    I mean, physical education is important and you must show them how it's done.

Does e-sports count?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    GWS webboo, sounds a bit rubbish.

Caving again today, with not much excitement involved. At least January is over and its starting to get a bit lighter.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, usual nonsense to deal with. Had a call with the quacks earlier, they reckon it will be another week or two before my hip starts to settle down. Being prescribed stronger anti-inflammatories for the time being, said no point in doing any physio until the pain starts to ease. Glad you had a decent kip Webboo, that should help with the recovery.
    Hopefully I can get to a pub later as it's Wednesday.
  • pinno
    edited February 2023
    sungod said:

yep, try getting your leg up, if not over

Mrs Webboo will have to go on top.
    Mind you, she'll be tired after all the running around after him. There might not be much action.
  • webboo
    Yes she thought it was funny when leaflet re the op said you may have to experiment with new positions. Since I got out of hospital she’s gone quiet on the subject.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Ooh, matron.

Another enjoyable volunteer sesh in The Gardens today, cleaning and prepping ornamental beds and a bit of potting up of perennials. Good bantz amidst the group. And the forecasted heavy rain did not appear, yay.
  • beansnikpoh
    Wotchoo 'ave fer yer brekker @pinno

You was gonna 'ave posh caff?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh, still in offices far from home, doesn’t look like I will be back till late and back here tomorrow.

How the hell am I going to fit in a run????
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    tlw1 said:

Meh, still in offices far from home, doesn’t look like I will be back till late and back here tomorrow.

Drive part of the way home?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    tlw1 said:

Shurely the pins will welcome a break? Rest is good?
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Yes she thought it was funny when leaflet re the op said you may have to experiment with new positions. Since I got out of hospital she’s gone quiet on the subject.

If yer wife gets artificial hips, it will be as noisy as two skeletons screwing on a corrugated tin roof.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

If yer wife gets artificial hips, it will be as noisy as two skeletons screwing on a corrugated tin roof.
    Are you coming from real life here.
  • pinno

Morning caff whack woz a BLT. It was dire.
    Light lunch at the cafe in the sticks woz emmental, mushroom and smoked ham toastir with a salad garnish

It ain't a posh caff whack but it's vgvfm. I had a light lunch - Emmental, mushroom and smoked ham in a toastie with a side salad followed by a 'ooge slice of coffee cake and coffee.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Are you coming from real life here.
    Not yet.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

tlw1 said:

Shurely the pins will welcome a break? Rest is good?
    You are correct - first rest day of the year 😳