Tuesday going to hell and looking forward to the trip

Morning Bashi Bazouks

Windy brr. Looks like more indoor pedalling.
Fed Beans twice today already the greedy gannet.
No stench shed to go to today, wahey.
I could really do with some nice settled weather to put miles in, see other sticks, eat in cafe's.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Bad night sleep in quite a lot of pain, had to up the painkillers. Must have strained myself getting my socks on. Got wife to put me some on before she went out this morning.
    Exercises and walk a bit further is today’s exciting itinerary.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    edited January 2023
    Good fun last night, had a power cut. Apparently something tripped out at the local sub-station so it all went dark. Very dark so as we're out in the sticks. They got it back on after just under 2 hours but not before we'd ordered a candle light take away.

Anyhow, caving today but lots of meetings this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Webbo 😢

All morning meeting has been cancelled 😎

Out later for a run or walk with a pal, in between the tea lady is visiting her mum today so maybe thirsty all day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Whaddya mean
    tlw1 said:

Webbo 😢

..he's only had 1 hip done... once.

Man up Webboo.

• tlw1
    pinno said:

Whaddya mean

tlw1 said:

Webbo 😢

Man up Webboo.

😂
  • webboo
    Currently watching the Dragon Back race to get psyched to walk to the end of the street and back as it’s a bit breezy out.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wind assisted pedal - a bit warmer than I've been used to.

Various worky bits and pieces.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Whaddya mean

tlw1 said:

Webbo 😢

Man up Webboo.

It's the 4 Yorkshiremen talking hip replacements :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    webboo said:

Currently watching the Dragon Back race to get psyched to walk to the end of the street and back as it’s a bit breezy out.

Keep looking at that race but don’t like stopping each night and it’s ferkin expensive nearly triple a normal 4/5 day ultra
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

balmy 8 degrees and gloomygrey

ride for a swift nip into gmc, cafes, try not to fall into coma on teams call, bail, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Successful wobble in to work. Drafting lady roadie, I say lady but she was spitting regularly, maybe she knew I was behind her. Debated whether to mention her jumping chain as I would to a guy but decided against the gentle wind up.

@webboo can you get me a scotch egg from the shops please.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    seanoconn said:

Successful wobble in to work. Drafting lady roadie, I say lady but she was spitting regularly, maybe she knew I was behind her. Debated whether to mention her jumping chain as I would to a guy but decided against the gentle wind up.

Sorry but there isn’t a scotch egg shop for miles round here. Stevo will get you one, it will give him an excuse to go for a drive in his tank.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

Sorry but there isn’t a scotch egg shop for miles round here. Stevo will get you one, it will give him an excuse to go for a drive in his tank.
    I get home delivery from my dealer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, late lunch as a mate said he was coming in at 12 to pick up some big end shells for his race bike. Got hungry by 2 so went to get some scoff, he still hasn't turned up. Milton Jones was very funny last night, obviously I can't remember any of the jokes.
    Hip still giving me gyp, I feel a right jessie complaining in the present company. Hope it feels better soon Webboo. I think Pinno's beyond all hope, good job he's not a horse.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    I see pinno's playing-with-lego and raise you assembling greenhouse sections. With the wind continuing to blow and the rain showers keepin' on keepin' on. It's a Rhino Premium, it's a toughie, necessary given the wind-exposed location. So many pieces. Done several greenhouses in past but don't recall them being anything like this complicated. Comprehensive instruction manual helps.

Done for today. Beer opened. Fire up the cosy stove in a bit. Early night beckons, reckon I'll sleep well.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I see pinno's playing-with-lego and raise you assembling greenhouse sections.

That has nothing like the same geek factor as lego.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Says the tax consultant.

• pinno
    orraloon said:

More bollox.

Did you have to try and assemble it on a windy day?

• pinno
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

He ought to drive it to the Ukraine and do some good for a change.
  • pinno
    Scottish power of Jockland network Jocks are switching off the power the morra for a day.

So tomorrow's itinerererary is:

Drop the DW's off to school.
    Meet prospective single bloke tenant at stink shed (current list includes 2 decent working couples so he'll be 'put on the list').
    Go have brekkie at a good café.
    Go have a sauna.
    Go off into the yonder to Sainsbury's to look at Lamb and 'erbs and spices.
    Go to café in the sticks.
    Pick the DW's up.

Sorted.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Says the tax consultant.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

Or I could just give it to the one who lives here...
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

Shurely Mrs 666 will chuck you both out if you start "giving it" to the resident Ukrainians!
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Scottish power of Jockland network Jocks are switching off the power the morra for a day.

Meet prospective single bloke tenant at stink shed (current list includes 2 decent working couples so he'll be 'put on the list').
    Go have a sauna.
    Pick the DW's up.

Sorted.

What will you have for brekkie at the good cafe, and then what will you have at the café in the sticks?
  • beansnikpoh
    Also, what bit of lamb will you cook with what spices? Do you not have better lamb in the sticks than sainsbury lamb?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

More bollox.

Did you have to try and assemble it on a windy day?

😉 nah bro due to stop over for a couple days next week, post the trip up to Moray for the bye-bye ceremony for last but one of the generation above. So putting together sides, ends, doors, vents et al so the 2x team can crack on with the build it and glaze it. Just need the wind to fxxx off.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

Shurely Mrs 666 will chuck you both out if you start "giving it" to the resident Ukrainians!

• pinno

pinno said:

Go have a sauna.
    Pick the DW's up.

Sorted.

What will you have for brekkie at the good cafe, and then what will you have at the café in the sticks?
    I'll let you know tomorrow.

As for the Lamb: there's 17m of them in the UK and the average Lamb fetches between £15 and £30 to the farmer but you'll pay over £5 for two measly, fatty chops.
    Brexit = not enough abattoir workers + other things. Bollox innit?

We have a local butcher and once I asked him for some fillet of lamb and he said he would provide the cut and I could fillet it myself. He wanted silly money and said 'i'm too busy'. I never went back.
    I was going to try and make the dish I had in Sweden at a restaurant called Elaka Måns in Uppsala which has walls covered in cat paintings and pictures. The dish I had was Fillet of Lamb with a black and white sauce. It looked and tasted spectacular. I figured the 'black' part was a demi-'glace and the white part... a garlic creamy sort of sauce(?) which I was going to try and emulate. Light on the garlic, just a hint.

I'm not doing anything special with the Lamb, just stock piled for Biryani or Rogan josh and maybe an Irish stew but Sainsbury's for some reason is far better for the choice of Lamb than our choice locally of Morrison's, Lidl or Tesco. Biryani should be neck of Lamb which is reasonably inexpensive but TBH, I don't like it.
  • beansnikpoh
    I get lovely lamb at the butcher here, but it's £££. The butcher in Porlock is yet to be quizzed, but I would hope it's cheaper.

Lamb rumps for the win over chops. Shoulder or neck for curries. Leg for easter with leftovers for shepherd's pie.