monday ere we sail on board the packet, lightning struck itself and the darkness doubled

'ning

smidge brighter, not quite as nippy

ride, cafes, wfh, hibernate
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Bashi Bazouks

Windy brrr...
    One final day of sorting stench shed; mainly in the garden so hoping it doesn't rain.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Another day of exercises and a walk later when the missus gets home. So she can put my socks and shoes on.
    I might have to watch some cycle races to pass the time.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Morning
    Another day of exercises and a walk later when the missus gets home. So she can put my socks and shoes on.
    I might have to watch some cycle races to pass the time.

Haven't you got one of those plastic sock thingies with strings (they actually do work) and an extended shoe horn?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    yeah, 'soxon', looks a bit little old lady, but they do work
  • webboo
    They gave me a grabber but there’s no way I’d get a sock on with that and I have a long shoe horn. However there is the tying of one’s laces that might be a stumbling block.
    I will investigate a soxon.
  • webboo
    sungod said:

yeah, 'soxon', looks a bit little old lady, but they do work

Ordered.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    webboo said:

They gave me a grabber but there’s no way I’d get a sock on with that and I have a long shoe horn. However there is the tying of one’s laces that might be a stumbling block.
    I will investigate a soxon.

i used one for a while after breaking my hip

if the laces are on trainers, you could fit elastic laces, effectively turns them into slip-ons until you get limber enough to reach again
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh after a decent weekend, highlight was just finishing a long run in the south Shropshire hills at the pick up point (bridges - great pub) and a mate and his wife turned up - neither of us had been to that pub for ages. Quality night was enjoyed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Up way too early for my liking for a hybrid commute (TM tlw1) into town. At least we didn't get woken up by foxes again last night but was fast asleep and it was pitch black when the alarm went off. Just making inroads into a chunky cottage pie to power me through meeting tedium this afternoon.

Also seems to be clog popping season - had 2 invites to funerals in as many days. They were both oldies, mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, still driving in of course. Going out this evening to see Milton Jones live, should be good fun. Unfortunately I'll have to drive there so won't be drinking.
    webboo said:

...a walk later when the missus gets home. So she can put my socks and shoes on.

Wouldn't she be more comfortable wearing her own socks and shoes ;)

• webboo

Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, still driving in of course. Going out this evening to see Milton Jones live, should be good fun. Unfortunately I'll have to drive there so won't be drinking.

webboo said:

...a walk later when the missus gets home. So she can put my socks and shoes on.

Wouldn't she be more comfortable wearing her own socks and shoes ;)

That’s not how things are up north.
  • Stevo_666
    One down, one to go. Yum 😋

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Been skiing, now having a G&T before dinner. Hotel food is fabulous, skiing is great.
    Repeat tomorrow…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Been skiing, now having a G&T before dinner. Hotel food is fabulous, skiing is great.
    Repeat tomorrow…

I had Strava jealousy today
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Been skiing, now having a G&T before dinner. Hotel food is fabulous, skiing is great.
    Repeat tomorrow…

Enjoy. I bet they don't serve scotch eggs. 🤣
    Yeah, I mean why bother going? :)
  • tlw1 said:

Repeat tomorrow…

I had Strava jealousy today
    And repeat we did. Had a very good week with wall to wall sunshine. Could have used a fresh dump of snow mid week but the pistes were kept in good shape as it was quite cold.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    That's me ensconced in the far north countree ahead of funeral service tomorrow morning for last uncle.

I had never driven the A9 section from Perth to Aviemore before, beautiful route.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

That's me ensconced in the far north countree ahead of funeral service tomorrow morning for last uncle.

I had never driven the A9 section from Perth to Aviemore before, beautiful route.

No?!
    It is. Though the A82 from Loch Lomond all the way to Inverness is better for scenery.