Onwards to the mountains!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

have fun hd

nippy with no sun forecast to warm it a smidge

repeat hill and cafe repeats, etc., book some hols before next hols, play les rallizes dénudés very loud indeed, with bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Bashi Bazouks

This mornings obscurity prompted by sungod:

It has been believed that the band's name comes from a corruption of French: valises dénudées (literally "naked suitcases") which was derived from fake French slang invented by the defunct theatrical group Gendai Gekijo. The band's style is typified by simple, repetitious instrumental passages, shrieking, cacophonous guitar feedback

Initially, the band planned to record in a studio, but after being dissatisfied with the results, agreed to exclusively play live shows.

Meanwhile. it's grey and chilly and windy.
    Pruned the apple trees yesterday at least.

Tomorrow back to stench shed to finish off.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    What did your tenants do to the place pinno?

Into that London today. Take Mini to Foyles, grab some lunch.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Enjoy HD and hopefully the French lifties won't mess things up too much for you next week.

Chill out this morning, head out in the afternoon. Later is undecided, but feeling tired due to bastard foxes screeching and waking us up 3 times last night.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Smoke dope and row constantly.
    They also had dogs. The place smells of dogs more than dope. It also smells of all the food abandoned in 3, yes 3 freezers. One freezer was in an upstairs bedroom.
    Another, switched off and leaking it's defrosting contents.
    Cracks in the upstairs door frames suggests lots of banging of doors. Hole in 1 door, dents in the wall. F*ck knows what went on in there.
    But they do work and they need their cars and a suggestion that I speak to one of the boys at the cop shop about drug driving prompted a snappy notification of end of let. This, after the neighbour (whom I have come to know) called the police at 2am because of the noise. He has 2 small children and was downwind of the dope fumes meaning he often couldn't open the windows on the back of his house.
    I was singing whilst working 'filthy, rotten b4astards'.
    If you are a landlord, you're not going to provide a bad reference 'cos you'll never get rid of your tenants. Plus, both employers references were fine.
    I'll use local gen on anyone who wants to rent the house in future.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Day 4 post op.
    Hip exercises and possibly a walk outside if I can get my shoes on. Is it still acceptable to walk round one’s village in dressing gown, P,J’s and slippers on a Sunday in England.
    On the plus side there is at least 4 or 5 races on the Eurosport.
  • pinno
    edited January 2023
    webboo said:

P,J’s and slippers on a Sunday in England.

As long as you are not caught out because the world is coming to an end to make way for an inter galactic bypass.

• webboo
    Better take a towel as well. Just in case.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Morning
    Day 4 post op.
    Hip exercises and possibly a walk outside if I can get my shoes on. Is it still acceptable to walk round one’s village in dressing gown, P,J’s and slippers on a Sunday in England.

Seems to be acceptable in some branches of Tesco. Good luck with the recovery
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    In some area of Kingston upon Dull. You wouldn’t be allowed in the supermarket you were not wearing slippers. pJ’s or a onesie.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited January 2023
    webboo said:

Morning
    Day 4 post op.

a friend in the usa told me about walmart, i hadn't know that the clienteles' fashion sense was famous
    https://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

you'd be way too formally dressed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Smoke dope and row constantly.
    They also had dogs. The place smells of dogs more than dope. It also smells of all the food abandoned in 3, yes 3 freezers. One freezer was in an upstairs bedroom.
    Another, switched off and leaking it's defrosting contents.
    Cracks in the upstairs door frames suggests lots of banging of doors. Hole in 1 door, dents in the wall. F*ck knows what went on in there.
    But they do work and they need their cars and a suggestion that I speak to one of the boys at the cop shop about drug driving prompted a snappy notification of end of let. This, after the neighbour (whom I have come to know) called the police at 2am because of the noise. He has 2 small children and was downwind of the dope fumes meaning he often couldn't open the windows on the back of his house.
    I was singing whilst working 'filthy, rotten b4astards'.
    If you are a landlord, you're not going to provide a bad reference 'cos you'll never get rid of your tenants. Plus, both employers references were fine.
    I'll use local gen on anyone who wants to rent the house in future.

Reminds me of the time a few years back when the owner of the house next door to our old place let a dodgy agent turn it into a HMO. Called plod on more than one occasion when we got the whiff of dope floating over into ours. (In the end we got shot of them because of council in HMO regs as 2 of the bedrooms were below the minimum size limit for occupation and without those the agent couldn't make a profit, but that's another story).

You have my sympathy. I wouldn't be a landlord.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Going to make coffee next. Didn't manage to venture out yesterday so will be doing that today. Glad you're on the mend Webboo, I think anything goes in your current state.
    Heard some scrotes had been on the prowl scoping bikes and sheds in our area the other night, checked our CCTV and they looked at my place and my neighbour's. Tipped off the neighbours and made doubly sure everything was locked. Apparently they were back last night and successful in the next road. Maybe I should get an electric fence as well.
    Have fun HD, and everyone else I suppose.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Going to make coffee next. Didn't manage to venture out yesterday so will be doing that today. Glad you're on the mend Webboo, I think anything goes in your current state.
    Heard some scrotes had been on the prowl scoping bikes and sheds in our area the other night, checked our CCTV and they looked at my place and my neighbour's. Tipped off the neighbours and made doubly sure everything was locked. Apparently they were back last night and successful in the next road. Maybe I should get an electric fence as well.
    Have fun HD, and everyone else I suppose.

You need to rig the Mini up with one of these.
    https://youtu.be/7U4ZYOBzEEs
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Took his mind off the ex klingon who's putting a sob story on about her poorly hamster and can he help her with some dosh. 😖🤔 you can guess what I told him. 😡🤬.

Phasers set to stun? :)
  • pinno
    £4.5k ?!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

Took his mind off the ex klingon who's putting a sob story on about her poorly hamster and can he help her with some dosh. 😖🤔 you can guess what I told him. 😡🤬.

Phasers set to stun? :)
    Set to kill. 🤬 He's admitted to helping her out to the tune of about 4.5k already and we think it's a bit more. The good news is he's tied his money up so he can't bail her out even if he wanted to.
    Jeez, that's a lot more than a sick hamster.
  • pinno
    That's like... 10 sick Hamsters.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

£4.5k ?!

Yep and not a cat in hells chance of getting anything back I suspect. It's one he's going to have to put down to experience. I mean I ended up with an ex wife from hell and she cost me a lot more. We all live and learn.
    I’ve got 3 sick house plants in need of urgent care. If oxo junior could free up some spare cash that would be great. 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי