continuing brrr

ride, nip into gmc, bail, cafes, wfh, laze, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Morning Bashi-bazouks

It's not dull or drizzly! Farq me.
    Looks perfect out there with hardly a breath of wind. Pity I won't be pedalling as I have a to go to a meeting far far away in the middle kingdom, near Fort Loon.

Where is this outing to which you speak of sg?

@thistle_ come on fella...

Ciao bella

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Thistle is just having a break, shoot times at work has left him feeling below par.

I have offered to meet up, but apparently things aren’t that bad 😂

Actually just down the road from him currently with the joys of meetings.

Later is a run in town with friends followed by the pub - where I’ve drank water the last few times 😳
  • Good morning class.

WFW as standard, need to nip into the smoke for some bits, might shop some clothing at the same time.
    Meal out tonight at the local tapas joint, everything is nice except the meatballs which taste like they've come out of a tin.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Afternoon Workers and Skivers,

Way too early start for me including a gloomy but dry pedal for the second leg. Too many meetings this morning but Scotch egg and pork pie have been consumed which has given me the energy to deal with idiots and time wasters.

Currently reassessing ski trip options. As soon as there's a decent dump of snow in the Alps, the French lifties have announced they're going on strike for the entire French half term hols. Lazy bar stewards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    Last day in the orifice for this week, WFH tomorrow. Currently sat waiting for the old dear's car to be MOTd, it's cold.
    Skiing is a nice idea, just walking feels like an achievement currently. Made it to the pub last night and suffering for it now, but with the leg rather than the head.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Last day in the orifice for this week, WFH tomorrow. Currently sat waiting for the old dear's car to be MOTd, it's cold.
    Skiing is a nice idea, just walking feels like an achievement currently. Made it to the pub last night and suffering for it now, but with the leg rather than the head.

You must have had a few if your leg has a hangover :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

You must have had a few if your leg has a hangover :p
    I'd love to be able to claim I was taking up the slack left by the reformed character that is TLW, but I only managed a couple before hobbling home in discomfort.
    We have told him his liver won't grow back haven't we.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Ride rided, much milder today than recent times. Gloop everywhere. And even several clouds of tiny insects. In January! Would hear them hitting the jacket, feel them on the face, then always at least one would get inside the glasses or into the ears. Annoying little effers. Anyway, getting a ride in is better than not.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    tlw1 said:

Thistle is just having a break, shoot times at work has left him feeling below par.

:smiley:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Actually just down the road from him currently with the joys of meetings.

Later is a run in town with friends followed by the pub - where I’ve drank water the last few times 😳

Tell him if he doesn't come back on here sharpish, we'll all pay him a visit :)
  • Stevo_666 said:

Currently reassessing ski trip options. As soon as there's a decent dump of snow in the Alps, the French lifties have announced they're going on strike for the entire French half term hols. Lazy bar stewards.

Great news... We're flying out on Sunday to Italy but our resort (La Thuile) borders France and the areas are linked so it may potentially hinder our plans.

Just another reason not to go to France anyway

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Great news... We're flying out on Sunday to Italy but our resort (La Thuile) borders France and the areas are linked so it may potentially hinder our plans.

Just another reason not to go to France anyway

Don't think they are striking till Feb 2nd. And you can stay on the Italian side if it does go pear shaped.
  • That's the plan! You can guarantee they'll shut the Bellecombe lifts though as that's the only link back to the Italian side.
    Advocate of disc brakes.