ride or stroll, cafes, wfh all over the place, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited January 2023
    "Wednesday entering the whirlpool"

I don't know that poem sungod.

I should just copy/paste: 'Dull and grey and drizzly' seen as it seems to be pretty standard at the moment. Although the sun popped out for 30 mins yesterday.

Today more sorting of stench hut. Got rid of a truck load of sh*t yesterday. Today starts with filling the boot with sooo many tools and stuff and then touching up and cleaning and making a short fence: 2.8m x 5 foot high (I love the hybrid metric imperial system, you know - 8 by 4, 12.5mm plasterboard). Sounds easy but fence holes go where there is currently concrete. Bollox.

Beans just come back drenched, the dodgy wotsit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    you knew it yesterday...

it's from the death by water bit, seemed appropriate given the recent/looming sogginess

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not as cold I thought this morning

Work / run / potentially a swim / ale avoidance
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    WFH from from bit, quick hound walk at lunchtime then off for my MRI so no food after 10:30 - best get a Scotch egg or two scoffed or I'll be starving by time It's over :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    I preferred it when everything was frozen. Stepped outside to find a film of water over black ice and nearly went base over apex. Praying I didn't do anything to my back in the process...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Munsford0 said:

I preferred it when everything was frozen. Stepped outside to find a film of water over black ice and nearly went base over apex. Praying I didn't do anything to my back in the process...

Wore the wrong shoes on last nights run (think road tyres on a mountain bike ride) - slid further than I ran
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Got attacked by Beans when I towelled him off yet he was purring throughout. Just like a kid.
    I think Beans is a juvenile delinquent.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun and games in the orifice, I seem to have upset a few people by asking if everyone is stupid. I already knew the answer and they have confirmed it in their responses. I seem to be in the minority here believing that if something has gone wrong once you double check the second time so as not to repeat the same mistake, this isn't rocket science.
    Just put the old MTB into the boot of the car, thought I'd try and ride it across the car park to see how the leg felt. Better to try it here so as not to get called an idiot by the wife again. Whilst i think pedalling would have been achievable, I was nowhere near being able to get my leg over, fnarr. Maybe I'll have to pinch the EPO's step through. I'm really getting bored of this now.
    Weather is as grey as my mood, might try and venture to the pub later.
  • Stevo_666

Just put the old MTB into the boot of the car, thought I'd try and ride it across the car park to see how the leg felt. Better to try it here so as not to get called an idiot by the wife again. Whilst i think pedalling would have been achievable, I was nowhere near being able to get my leg over, fnarr. Maybe I'll have to pinch the EPO's step through. I'm really getting bored of this now.

Try my tactics from when I had my tendon injury - put the bike on the ground, step over it so your legs are either side of the down tube and top tube then pick it up. Obviously when nobody is looking as it looks a bit shyte :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rather moist site meeting in a building with no roof.
    Trip to snow and rock, nothing for me and sod buying MrsHD a base layer for £150 that you can get off wiggle for about £40.
    WFH now followed by lamb chops.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Try my tactics from when I had my tendon injury - put the bike on the ground, step over it so your legs are either side of the down tube and top tube then pick it up. Obviously when nobody is looking as it looks a bit shyte :)
    That might work 👍
    I'll leave the bike in the back of the car so I can go somewhere nobody knows me 😂
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    On train to Taunton, with the boy. Mrs B³ will pick us up and we'll stay overnight in Porlock. It's her dad's funeral tomorrow, down in Redruth. I don't think we'd seen the old boy for maybe 5 or 6 years. They were somewhat estranged. I'll meet at least one of her half siblings and her grown up kids.
  • veronese68
    Hope all goes as well as can be B³, even though they weren't close I'm sure it will be difficult.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ah, that situation is always hard going H3, best wishes.

Feeling well crackered tonight, did a heavy gym sesh yesterday and suffered a bit afterwards then today was a full day volunteering sesh. I must be getting out of the physical work mode. Or getting old. Or both.

Anyways. Woodburner burning = cosy. Hot soak imminent. Then a pasta puttanesca to follow, simmering away gently.
  • TBH I just cant wait for this week to be over. We can actually get a week away followed by full on training.
    At least I'm getting an altitude camp in :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2023
    Hope it goes as well as a funeral can go B3.

Survived an hour in the MRI tube this afternoon. Biggest problem was they had trouble finding finding a vein so they could pump the contrast dye through me to get a decent pic of my prostate. Now flushing said dye out with a bit of vino.
  • 22.46 - now packaging accounts into envelopes.

Utter wanzkers

Advocate of disc brakes.