Sram 1× gravel set up using sram rival etap axis

cavi
cavi Posts: 162
Hi guys,
Sorry for the long winded query.
I'm currently setting up my new gravel bike and going to set it up 1× with rival etap.
My question is, I have a left hydrolic brake which is a front shift mechanical, so I don't need the shift function on that shifter.
Can I use a right hand rival etap axis 12 speed to shift up and down the cassette?
Or do I need 2 axis shifters? Or can I use a wireless blip to shift, instead of the second axis shifter?

Comments

• I am building something now with rival etap and wireless blips.
    The rival etap levers only have one shift button so you'd only be able to shift in one direction with just one lever.
    Everything I've read says you can use the wireless blips to shift in the other direction though (mine haven't arrived yet to confirm)
  • cavi
    Thanks for the reply, it would be great if you could let me know how it goes.
    Thanks daryl
  • Serious question, wouldn't you want both shifters to match and therefore use the two axs shifters? I am assuming the front left mechanical is an entirety different shifter which would look a bit odd?

Have both as the axs shifters, they match and then you have no shifting issues. The shifters are also going to be matched to the brakes which should mean you are getting the best braking performance, rather than mixing and matching shifters/cables/hydraulics etc.
  • Serious question, wouldn't you want both shifters to match and therefore use the two axs shifters? I am assuming the front left mechanical is an entirety different shifter which would look a bit odd?

Have both as the axs shifters, they match and then you have no shifting issues. The shifters are also going to be matched to the brakes which should mean you are getting the best braking performance, rather than mixing and matching shifters/cables/hydraulics etc.
  • cavi
    Hi Midlands,
    Its just a case of saving money really, I've got a rival left lever so I'm thinking of just getting a right axis shifter and a wireless blip, not too worried about the looks.
    Thanks for your reply though.
    Daryl
  • Fair enough, Daryl. Hope the blip solves the problem for you, it should do as I can't see any reason why it can't be programmed for the shifter to go one way and the blip to shift the other.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I thought Rival lacked the ability to connect blips? Thought you need Force or Red for those?
  • rival doesn’t have a port for the wired blips but will sync with the wireless ones
  • cavi
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know yet if the blips can be used to either way on the cassette?
    Thanks daryl