ride cafes wfh laze

anyone seen the comet yet? clear nights here seem to be over for now
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Morning bashi Bazouks

Oh jeezo, it's a bit dark and dour and dreich and a wee bit depressing

Bad tenants gone a week now but stench remains.
    This week mowslty sorting stench, a dump run, a bit of decoration (not as much as I had anticipated), some roller sessions by the looks of things, trying to keep mini clam Pinno happy as teachers strike...

Haven't seen the comet due to cloud but I have seen Beans legging it after a pheasant - He's no chance but god loves a trier
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooow...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Dropped Strifeys car off at the garage to sort the coolant leak. Will at least save me being a taxi service in the week. Now on the train into town for meetings and a free lunch then back to pick up the repaired snowmobile.

Bit nippy out with my new crew cut.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    In an office for a change 😳hounds have missed their long walk.

Later is undecided but need to swop cars back with my old chap as he has taken eldests rugrats car for MOT and service
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Icy fog wobble in. Initial cold fingers warmed sufficiently for a pleasant, relatively toasty ride.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Icy fog wobble in. Initial cold fingers warmed sufficiently for a pleasant, relatively toasty ride.

My fingers were loverly and warm thanks to the heated steering wheel - something I wasn’t bothered about and now love
  • Stevo_666
    Bah, garage didn't have a part for Strifeys car repair so back we go on Friday...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

Bah, garage didn't have a part for Strifeys car repair so back we go on Friday...

Bloody parts suppliers
  • Zwift (which crashed). Busy busy, site meeting this afternoon followed by some last minute WFH.
    Need a few Euros for the weekend and to pull some luggage out!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Took the car to garage Thursday. It will be ready Friday afternoon at the latest they said. Still not bloody ready as they’re waiting for hoses and gaskets they didn’t need to order in the first place! They’ve also dropped the sub frame and taken off the suspension which wasn’t necessary for an egr valve replacement. 🤦‍♂️
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Bloody parts suppliers
    For once I don't blame Wiggle.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Took the car to garage Thursday. It will be ready Friday afternoon at the latest they said. Still not bloody ready as they’re waiting for hoses and gaskets they didn’t need to order in the first place! They’ve also dropped the sub frame and taken off the suspension which wasn’t necessary for an egr valve replacement. 🤦‍♂️
    Sounds like you're being conn'd Seano ('scuse the pun).
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like you're being conn'd Seano ('scuse the pun).
    Still a couple of hundred cheaper than other garages who wouldn’t let me supply my own tlw1 part…. atm
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    edited January 2023
    What a silly place to put the EGR valve.

Local farmer boy with a 14 plate black Nissan pick up truck had loads of bother with it so let it go cheap.
    Turned out it was a blocked EGR valve which the purchaser chucked in a bucket if diesel for 48 hrs, dried it off, fitted it and off it went like new.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Funnily enough (but not at the time) I had a black nissan pick up and the EGR decided to collapse on the motorway on the way back from Wales.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Forgot to say, a friend of mine has a very lovely Nixie tube clock. Unfortunately a few of the numbers have died but it truly is a thing of joy. Bought a kit and some old Russian Nixie tubes as I recall, problem is supply of spare tubes now.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522

Forgot to say, a friend of mine has a very lovely Nixie tube clock. Unfortunately a few of the numbers have died but it truly is a thing of joy. Bought a kit and some old Russian Nixie tubes as I recall, problem is supply of spare tubes now.

they had such a nice glow, back in the 80s i used equipment with them

the russians carried on manufacturing a lot of valves/related stuff for a long time, partly because a lot of their military stuff was ancient (and their semiconductor industry not advanced), but also equipment using them might survive better against nuclear emp than solid state
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny