sunday reminiscent of a more boreal clime

'ning

sub-nippy and misty

may add lights for ride in case it gets murky in the sticks, cafes and more lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Last nights chilled night went the opposite way when we visited the local šŸ™„ got away before silly silly time for champagne in the sex pond.

Today is a run and then the running show at the nec. Later is obviously the pub
  • Moaning,

Very Christmassy looking outside, mercury indicating close to -5 Brrrrrr

Could be an off-road ride day as I donā€™t fancy the roads at all
    Beer and darts later on the cards :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Yep, glad I did my pedalling yesterday even if some of it was in the dark. Bit nippy today but there are hounds to be walked so out we go soon. Might get round to submitting my tax return later as the deadline looms: going to be a pricey month as also the insurance is due on Wifeys and Juniors cars.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman said:

Mr TLW we expect sex pond footage at some stage.

Err, no thank you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Last nights chilled night went the opposite way when we visited the local šŸ™„ got away before silly silly time for champagne in the sex pond.

Today is a run and then the running show at the nec. Later is obviously the pub

...a ;running show'?! Jeezo, what an exciting thing that must be.
  • pinno
    'sticks' sungod?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Err, no thank you.
    Ahh come on. TLW1 is in good shape, low body fat, if the current wife is in similar shape Iā€™d be happy to watch šŸ‘

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וח×Øא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Morning Bashi bazouks

Drizzly, drizzly, drizzly. Managed 4.5 hours in the garden yesterday despite the weather and my back playing up.
    Today will be mowstly taxi duties and a bit of tidying up.

Beans is currently waving his tail at the sight of the birds as it''s morning quarantine time.
    He growled a lot at a crow yesterday whilst on the windowsill.

Which reminds me:

• pinno
    edited January 2023
    Pinno's jackanory #523 (there's FA on telly)

Imprinting

Tuppence. Not my preference for the name of a cat.
    Tuppence's mother got hit by a car 4 days after she and 3 other beautiful tabbies were born. Mum survived but stopped producing milk. She would clean them but then get irritated at the kittens trying to suckle.
    My then boss's wife fed them by hand for weeks and through the night to start with.

I arrived at the house to witness this tiny wedge shape kitten climb stairs - to the litter tray. Toilet trained at 3 weeks!... and then she came down the mountain and sat in front of the washing machine watching it go round and round and round.

I was totally endeared to this thing and decided to give her after being offered her to mum as she had just lost the last of the cat clan.

Tuppence mewed mercilessly in her box in the car on the drive up and I was hesitant to get her out in case she got under the pedals but she was as good as gold and sat playing with the drawstring on my joggy pants or sat on my shoulder looking at the things going by through the night until... Westmoreland.
    There was a fish tank in the back I was giving to a friend with newspaper to line it and keep stuff from rattling/breaking and she crawled off. Not knowing where she went to... and after a short while, the car filled with a stench. For the next 20 odd miles in winter where opening the window wasn't much fun until I got to the service station, it was a bit of a reach. This woman filling up and passing by noticed this thing mewing, unable to get out of the slippery glass tank and she said to me 'oh she's gorgeous, you can't keep her in there'. I then opened the door and asked her to have a sniff... My impromptu and willing assistant held her while I cleaned up.

Tuppence was an odd sort of cat; liked Bailey's, hid small potatoes everywhere. Who knows what the psychological effect of being hand reared and sometimes scalded by mum when she was only following her instinct.

Dougal, these cows are small and those cows are far away.

I returned later after spending the time doing a short 8 week contract in Leicester (for my sins). The now spritely, slightly less wedge shaped, lithe kitten had big ideas.
    She spotted a crow at high up in the Sycamore tree at the top of the garden and she was off. Clambering up the tree and up and up and a few more crows flew in... but they didn't move for the mighty Tuppence, queen of all she surveys. In fact it was worse, they started climbing down towards her and she froze.
    I got a bit concerned and sent daft Spaniel (who was observing the kitten just like us from the comfort of the old conservatory) towards the tree barking when I said 'where's Tuppence?... go fetch Tuppence'. But that was non-consequential and I had to shout at them and throw some pebbles as they got very close to the then petrified cat.

I got a ladder to get part way up the tree, then climbed the rest and then peeled the cat from the tree.

From then on and for the rest of her life, seeing a crow would illicit crouching, tail waving and growling. If a slightly larger bird of any description landed in the garden in sight, whilst she was outside, she would leg it indoors.

Foot notes:
    Tuppence had no tuition and therefore couldn't hunt for toffee. I once saw her stake out a mousehole and about an hour later she was still there. I went to see her as she was statue still... and fast asleep and snoring.
    One fine day, she caught a mouse in the hedge! A miracle! The mouse was wriggling furiously in her soft maw but then the strangest thing happened - she walked with her mouse and then dropped the mouse (quite deliberately) into the pond and promptly sat down and watched as this mouse swam across and out and ran away.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

Err, no thank you.
    Ahh come on. TLW1 is in good shape, low body fat, if the current wife is in similar shape Iā€™d be happy to watch šŸ‘
    He's not, he's a bloody cripple.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    pinno said:

'sticks' sungod?

sticks: north of the marylebone road, east of tower bridge, south of the thames, west of worlds end

much ice and glinting frostiness, and at the summit of london, whitestone pond has frozen over, pot holes are multiplying fast

only a smidge of ground mist, quite pleasant sitting in the sun outside cafe two
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Fuzzy after a curry and red wine night.
    Kids football party to contend with later, in the meantime, accounts...
    This time next week I'll be several hundred meters higher and several degrees colder. Cannot bloomin wait!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited January 2023
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed, even slower than normal given that I didn't make the tea. Whilst I can make tea and negotiate stairs combining the two would be tricky given I'm having to hold on with both hands.
    Off to the old dear's shortly for a visit, might drive into the office tomorrow if the driving isn't a problem. Exciting stuff.
    If I could ride I'd definitely advise off road Mr Croker
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Bike cleaned and tuned with minimal damage. Afternoon tipple, CX , footie. Might have to persuade wifey to cook the roast today.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וח×Øא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Tax return submitted - not paying until the deadline though. That's enough excitement for one day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Stevo_666 said:

Tax return submitted - not paying until the deadline though. That's enough excitement for one day.

"Paying", seems like an error. :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2023

Stevo_666 said:

"Paying", seems like an error. :)
    The usual tactics don't work for me any more and had a one off hit as part of funding the house buying :/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Glad you kept it rubber side down Oxo, I tried Gravel King semi slicks and they were great for grip, but constantly getting punctured by flints and would spray sealant everywhere until down to about 30psi, tried Stan's and Mariposa sealant. Gave up and put Vittoria tyres with tubes on, so far they've been far more reliable.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    I've had Mariposa caffelatex in my Boardman graveller (with Malcolm Borg once OTP wheels) past couple of years, with no issues at all.