Friday you will start out standing, proud to steal her anything she sees

More wfh blah. Mrs B³ off to Porlock. Me and the kids remaining here. What larks.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Pub food it is for your the bean

Hounds walked, work without motivation started.

Quick run later followed by the pub for a quiz - on a ferkin Friday night FFS, with friends so should be a giggle still
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315

More wfh blah. Mrs B³ off to Porlock. Me and the kids remaining here. What larks.

Enjoy the tangible step down from a stressful atmosphere, amenable children (not being shouted at), peace, lack of coercion...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited January 2023
    Morning Bashi Bazouks

Snow has all but melted away. Pity really, it's all slush.

It's Tricky's birthday today. She's 12. Say 'Happy birthday Tricky'.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    pinno said:

Morning Bash Bazouks

Snow has all but melted away. Pity really, it's all slush.

It's Tricky's birthday today. She's 12. Say 'Happy birthday Tricky'.

Ooh, she's the same age as Mini!

Happy Birthday Tricky! Hope you have a super day, and that you get cake.
  • tlw1
    HB tricky!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    It's tricky to say hapty birphday this early (para mi) but I gave it a go.

Another day of fettling in the garden jungle and tip run(s) to come, still sunny frosty and icy round these parts but forecasting the last day of such before the south wind doth bring the drizzle.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Happy Birthday tricky! 🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Icy upright wobble in. Might bunk off early to pick up car.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,412
    Half a day off this morning just because. Walk dogs, grab haircut do a few bit. Headed into see consultant this afternoon as the blood test from my health check came back with a high PSA count. Hopefully just a precautionary but I can feel another MRI coming on as they, want to cover their backsides.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    "Mr C, i'm very sorry to tell you this but you have been eating too many Scotch eggs."

• tlw1
    pinno said:

"Mr C, i'm very sorry to tell you this but you have been eating too many Scotch eggs."

Is that possible?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    'ning

nippy ride, cafe and smidge of wfh done, start easing back for the weekend

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Snow and ice still very present around these parts, I had planned a ride tomorrow but will probably stick a film on and pedal along to zwift for a bit.
    WFW, early finish, got small kids tonight. Oh joy...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Car not ready till Monday. Needed it this weekend. Knew I should have got Pinno to help me do it.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

:smiley:

BTW, many happy returns to Tricky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Is that possible?
    I haven't found the limit yet.
  • seanoconn said:

Car not ready till Monday. Needed it this weekend. Knew I should have got Pinno to help me do it.

You do know his project porsche has started rusting away its been in the garage for so long?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks and, more importantly, happy birthday Tricky,
    Another day of WFH and hobbling about the place. Managed to get up the stairs so at least I had a decent kip in a bed last night. Plumber came round and fixed the pressure sensor in the boiler and gave it a service, wallet significantly lighter as a result.
    MRI is preferable to the other test if you have raised PSA Stevo, unless you enjoy that kind of thing. Best to get it checked out though. No such thing as too many Scotch eggs, but you can have too many bad Scotch eggs.
    Keep on keeping it rubber side down people. Better go, got the delights of a Teams meeting shortly. Nearly the weekend...
  • Stevo_666

Another day of WFH and hobbling about the place. Managed to get up the stairs so at least I had a decent kip in a bed last night. Plumber came round and fixed the pressure sensor in the boiler and gave it a service, wallet significantly lighter as a result.
    MRI is preferable to the other test if you have raised PSA Stevo, unless you enjoy that kind of thing. Best to get it checked out though. No such thing as too many Scotch eggs, but you can have too many bad Scotch eggs.
    Keep on keeping it rubber side down people. Better go, got the delights of a Teams meeting shortly. Nearly the weekend...

Yep, and guess what - I'm going in for an MRI next week. Consultant was at pains to point it it as purely precautionary and there was nothing to worry about, but I'll try and poison any cancer cells with tramp fuel tonight, just to be sure :)
  • I find scotch eggs pretty dry and boring.

Just saying.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

I find scotch eggs pretty dry and boring.

Just saying.

Maybe I'm just odd. But they also make for good office snacks you can eat quickly and when you don't have a lot of spare time. Like pork pies and pasties.
  • pinno

Just saying.

...and they give me wind and constipation.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

You do know his project porsche has started rusting away its been in the garage for so long?
    It's at the welders. He does it on the QT so that he's not interfering with his garage business and I do the odd job/source parts for him when he hasn't got time (he's very computer illiterate) and I pay cash, no VAT, fcuk 'em.
    It's not the weather for driving the thin yet. I'll be paranoid about getting muck and salt on all those lovely powder coated parts!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294

Just saying.

That's a bad Scotch egg. Good ones have tasty sausage meat and the yolk is still runny, they can be a thing of joy.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Stevo_666 said:

Yep, and guess what - I'm going in for an MRI next week. Consultant was at pains to point it it as purely precautionary and there was nothing to worry about, but I'll try and poison any cancer cells with tramp fuel tonight, just to be sure :)
    Prob restating the v obvious here, but... when I've had the PSA test routine done in years past, been given the pre-warnings about min 48 hours before test of no bike riding coz of saddle pressures on the internals, nor any ahem, knowaddamean, body fluids, erm...

Must have been 2019 when I'd had slightly raised levels then re-test was all normal levels. Prob should go for a rerun.

A busy enough day of hacking back the jungle outside. Progressing. Bit crackered now so just poured a Houblon Chouffe. And I have haggis bonbons to nibble on later. 'Tis the time o' the year.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2023

Just saying.

That's a bad Scotch egg. Good ones have tasty sausage meat and the yolk is still runny, they can be a thing of joy.
    ^^^

V68 knows.

If you're lucky, you'll get one still warm.

Plotting what to watch tonight with mini. Probably something Marvel. Whack some pasta thing in the oven for her. Nice bit of onglet for me, bashed hard, super quick cook, probably with sautéed mushrooms and a fried egg.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Just saying.

I find them Rank. Urgh
    This ^.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Prob restating the v obvious here, but... when I've had the PSA test routine done in years past, been given the pre-warnings about min 48 hours before test of no bike riding coz of saddle pressures on the internals, nor any ahem, knowaddamean, body fluids, erm...

Must have been 2019 when I'd had slightly raised levels then re-test was all normal levels. Prob should go for a rerun.

A busy enough day of hacking back the jungle outside. Progressing. Bit crackered now so just poured a Houblon Chouffe. And I have haggis bonbons to nibble on later. 'Tis the time o' the year.
    Yep, didn't ride for a few days before. Oddly, had an MRI prostate scan last year as the 'physical' exam showed that was a bit swollen on one side but the PSA test came back normal. This time, the physical test was fine but the PSA test came back well over the limit 4.49 vs a normal range of 0-2.99.

Anyhow, another MRI beckons...
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Just saying.

I find them Rank. Urgh
    Great. More Scotch Eggs for me :)