Thursday shacking up is all you want to do

No ice for me today. Peloton beckons. Wfh etc

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Me neither as I'm on the train. Probably the right choice as the sides of the roads still look a bit slippy and the car themometer hit -5 at the top of the hill. I did avoid the road where the Panzer got a bit sideways on black ice earlier in the week.

Coffee and meetings beckon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Woke up to a winter wonderland. A few centimetres and quite serene.
    Have to meet with moaning tenant this morning.
    He had a gas leak yesterday except it wasn't in the house, it was in the supply. So he called SGN and they came and fixed it.
    According to him, he nearly could have died and the whole street could have been blown up and...
    I popped down and the workers were there, calm as a cucumber, nothing cordoned off but it caused a problem with his boiler.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck it was a cold walk, even with gloves on my hands were cold.

WFH, run later, trying to avoid ale in the week but it’s been a rubbish week so far……..
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

go my own way to the cafe, smidge of wfh, lazing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Car dropped off garage. Slow cycle in to work trying to avoid any V68 style stunts on the way.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    edited January 2023
    I did the runners version of V68 this morning around the lake, foot down, leg out in front, man down on arrse. Luckily my head didn't hit the deck and it didn't hurt.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

Car dropped off garage. Slow cycle in to work trying to avoid any V68 style stunts on the way.

The big question is: was he doing a nosie, a 360 or doughnuts?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Morning. WFW in the weird dazzling gloom of LED panels overhead. Amazing, they are dimmable from eye scorchingly bright to Orc cave dimness but are sh!te at all settings between.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Still hobbling along here, glad you didn't try any stunts Seano and glad you didn't hurt yourself Seano. It's a sad state of affairs when Stevo gets sensible, I guess all those fun bike injuries over the years focus the mind. Recovery definitely takes longer nowadays.
    Another day of fending off stupid questions here. It's amazing, you tell someone you won't be in for the rest of the week, a couple of hours later they ask me to pop down and take a look at something. Some of them really are a special breed.
  • It's amazing, you tell someone you won't be in for the rest of the week, a couple of hours later they ask me to pop down and take a look at something.

Is that you having told them via email @veronese68 ? I have this nagging suspicion that most people just don't read emails carefully, particularly in a professional context. The amount of people I have per week that resubmit questions/requests that have already been clearly responded to and answered is staggering. I can only assume they never read the original reply closely in the first place!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    This particular one was told by me over the phone, but completely agree with you about emails. The ones that irritate me are those that ask for a read receipt to every email they send and cc every man and his dog on things, but don't read emails themselves.
  • The ones that irritate me are those that ask for a read receipt to every email they send and cc every man and his dog on things

To give the illusion that they take emails really seriously no doubt.