tuesday as the pythia prophesied

'ning

sub-nippy, brrr

ride, nip into gmc for chinwag, bail, cafes, glue tub on new wheel, laze until restorative pork with pineapple and chilis
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Coelacanths

Brr nippy brr indeed.
    No snow, just a hard frost.

Will go see property that should be bereft of the bad tenants. and hope it has been left in reasonable condition.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Eskimo-esque overkill wobble in. Impressively sweaty for -3. Today shall be spent calling garages and harassing TLW1.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

Eskimo-esque overkill wobble in. Impressively sweaty for -3. Today shall be spent calling garages and harassing TLW1.

Meeting hell today but text will work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck cold even with an extra base layer on today.

Work stuff, run and maybe a swim like yesterday.

Might work in the lounge with the wood burner eating up all my hard graft as a lumberjack
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

censored cold even with an extra base layer on today.

Work stuff, run and maybe a swim like yesterday.

Might work in the lounge with the wood burner messing up the aesthetics and beautiful symmetry of the wood pile.

[edit]

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Goldilocks wobble in, with only cold toes and a cold chin. Avoided the sheet ice at the sides of the road, especially at Clapham Common, where there must be a water leak. There were 3 cyclists looking gloomy on the pavement, like they had all hit the deck together.
  • Sod riding in this weather, roads around here are either sheet ice, peppered with grit or wet.
    Site meeting this afternoon followed by an early finish to sit in front of the fire.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411

Sod riding in this weather, roads around here are either sheet ice, peppered with grit or wet.

Yup. This. Plus I've a late finish tonight. Didn't feel like riding in the dark dark with icy conditions no matter what my new front light shows.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Had a bit of a brown trousers moment when I hit some black ice this morning on one of the lanes. Managed to recover it.

Busy busy today with various things, not helped by wife's car being out of action for a few days so she needs ferrying to places.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Why?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another hot one today, cracked 30C again. Had to go into town for a few things, then mooched about the shed while a mate came by to change the oil in his car using our service pit. I handed him spanners and stuff.

Nice dinner after, BBQ chicken kebabs, a green salad, fresh mango with berries and ice cream and a bottle of decent Riesling.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    edited January 2023
    Oh no. Ken Bruce is leaving the R2 morning show in a couple of months time. 45 years he's been doing that. What will happen to Popmaster?

Edit correction: I misheard his announcement, it's 45 years total at BBC.
  • seanoconn

Another hot one today, cracked 30C again. Had to go into town for a few things, then mooched about the shed while a mate came by to change the oil in his car using our service pit. I handed him spanners and stuff.

Nice dinner after, BBQ chicken kebabs, a green salad, fresh mango with berries and ice cream and a bottle of decent Riesling.

Service pit! That would be handy. Why do you have to live on the other side of the world 😞
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Service pit! That would be handy. Why do you have to live on the other side of the world 😞
    Don't you get weird spiders and alligators in your service pit? I'd love a service pit or better still a scissor or two post lift in a dry and warm garage. Ah, my lottery win dream. Simple pleasures.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Seen here in the middle of the shed with the boards covering it and a load of stuff over it, now all moved out of the way, obvs. Approx 6.5 metres long, maybe a metre wide and about 1.4m deep.

I wish it was a bit deeper. I'm planning on making some platforms either side to drive up on, raise the car about another 4-6" so I don't crack my head on the sump or other bits every time I get under the car.

Have seriously considered installing a two post lift instead. If I get extra keen about the car fix hobby I just might...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69

Seen here in the middle of the shed with the boards covering it and a load of stuff over it, now all moved out of the way, obvs. Approx 6.5 metres long, maybe a metre wide and about 1.4m deep.

I wish it was a bit deeper. I'm planning on making some platforms either side to drive up on, raise the car about another 4-6" so I don't crack my head on the sump or other bits every time I get under the car.

Have seriously considered installing a two post lift instead. If I get extra keen about the car fix hobby I just might...

I'd want my shed to be a bit bigger than that ;)

• seanoconn

King of sheds 👍
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Mini snow flurry(s) have passed through - the north wind doth blow - sun back out. Get off t'interweb and get back outside time.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    ^ serious shed envy...

I couldn't with a straight face call a building of that size a shed. Barn possibly. Or hangar.
  • Hope everyone riding outdoors the next few days is embracing the drag of ice spike tyres, or at least staying upright.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • "My" shed is technicaly bigger but I wouldn't leave anything of value there as it would be trashed by the workshop staff.
    They can't even look after themselves...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Have to agree, that is never a shed, it's an industrial unit! It looks not much smaller than our entire factory floor!
  • beansnikpoh
    Bit warmer on the way home. Still plenty ice though.

Settling down with ep.7 out of 8 of Tokyo Vice, which I've been enjoying on bbc iplayer.
  • seanoconn

Bit warmer on the way home. Still plenty ice though.

Settling down with ep.7 out of 8 of Tokyo Vice, which I've been enjoying on bbc iplayer.

Enjoyed Tokyo Vice.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks, definitely shouldn't have ridden in, went down like a sack of spuds on some ice this morning. Saw the ice ahead by a section of road that was flooded all the way across, was going slowly and turned the tiniest amount to get on the pavement, front wheel went straight out from under me, I fell so fast I think I was still holding the handlebars when I hit the deck. Bloke that tried to help me up nearly fell over.
    Busy day of work visiting a couple of places, got a lift home and the EPO has insisted I come to A&E, now waiting...
  • beansnikpoh
    Bugger. Fingers x'd you're OK V68. What have you damaged?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Why?
    It's a depiction of the Oracle Pythia in sculpture.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

Evening folks, definitely shouldn't have ridden in, went down like a sack of spuds on some ice this morning. Saw the ice ahead by a section of road that was flooded all the way across, was going slowly and turned the tiniest amount to get on the pavement, front wheel went straight out from under me, I fell so fast I think I was still holding the handlebars when I hit the deck. Bloke that tried to help me up nearly fell over.
    Busy day of work visiting a couple of places, got a lift home and the EPO has insisted I come to A&E, now waiting...

Hope you haven't done that bad wrist of yours V. Let us know how you get on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Hope you haven't done that bad wrist of yours V. Let us know how you get on.
    Yes, you don't want to aggravate that VN.
    Maybe you'll have some time off work 'cos you can't use a keyboard/mouse :smiley: