Clarkson

Looks like he's been binned. Oh well,no great loss to, well, anyone tbh (except the gammonati and a few sexistmysoginists)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/tv/clarksons-farm-cancelled-amazon-cuts-25992436.amp
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    From a professional point of view he's also a bit of a wally to constantly pick fights with the local planning authority with his farm.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Some sources saying not and whichever way they’re still going to screen all the series that have already been commissioned (their ethics on this don’t stretch to binning stuff they’ve paid for). Glad we’ll still gets Clarkson’s Farm as I thought that was a decent watch. Grand Tour is shite so won’t miss that.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    ... after 2024.
    My guess is he'll retire and not give two f's. Or move on to "that" TV channel.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    I really don’t think the world would miss him if he was never on tv or in tabloid papers again.
    Absolutely self entitled vile man baby.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    Pross said:

Some sources saying not and whichever way they’re still going to screen all the series that have already been commissioned (their ethics on this don’t stretch to binning stuff they’ve paid for). Glad we’ll still gets Clarkson’s Farm as I thought that was a decent watch. Grand Tour is shite so won’t miss that.

Yeah, he's an utter oaf who thinks he can use his outsized ego and fame to get his own way...but despite that, I actually grudgingly liked Clarkson's Farm, as he played/was the idiot convincingly, and showed what farming is (kind of) like, unlike most programmes. Put him and cars together, and I can't turn the off switch fast enough.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Interesting to see his apology was addressed to Harry not Meghan, and hasn’t really been accepted by them.
    Looks like JC has been in real panic mode!
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • rjsterry
    His explanation - "I forgot to mention that it was a reference to GoT" is just weird.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    rjsterry said:

His explanation - "I forgot to mention that it was a reference to GoT" is just weird.

I think it's called the Clutching At Straws Defence.
  • rjsterry

rjsterry said:

It's the sort of excuse a four-year-old gives when they've been caught feeding their younger brother dog food.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    rjsterry said:

rjsterry said:

It's the sort of excuse a four-year-old gives when they've been caught feeding their younger brother dog food.

Maybe it worked for Clarkson when he was four.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    I guess a lot of cyclists have never forgiven him for saying that a cycle lane is the bit between the yellow line and the kerb.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Amazon doing a far better job of looking out for entitled toffs than they are for the slave labour they employ at their depots.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    As long as people watch his shows he will always find a paying platform.

Clarksons farm being his latest commercial success and still in the Amazon top 10 UK programmes. As long as viewers are paying to watch I can’t see a commercial channel ditching him for some ill-judged comments in a red top, no matter how odious.

Whilst I’ve always enjoyed his TV output although I haven’t watched the last two grand tours as the format is dead.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rjsterry
    Stevo_666 said:

I guess a lot of cyclists have never forgiven him for saying that a cycle lane is the bit between the yellow line and the kerb.

Did he? News to me.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Did he? News to me.
    it does raise the interesting point that any of us could make up Clarkson quotes

Stevo only likes him because he said that accountants are the glue that holds the moden world together
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    Slightly audience capture I suspect.

He’s genuinely funny.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited January 2023

He’s genuinely funny.

the troll try and troll....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Did he? News to me.
    Yep. This as well

He likes winding up cyclists a bit and some people take him a bit too seriously.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2023
    Double post.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264

Slightly audience capture I suspect.

He’s genuinely funny.

He was once , not now.

On the other hand your comment is genuinely funny 😄

Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS