• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

overnight deluge, nippy

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Cold out there and not too warm in the house either, should really put the heating on
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Overdid the winter clobber this morning so slightly sweaty ride in. Coffee followed by work avoidance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I can see a bit of snow on the hills but it's just rain and sleet here. Work from cave this morning then headed into town where a free dinner awaits.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

I can see a bit of snow on the hills but it's just rain and sleet here. Work from cave this morning then headed into town where a free dinner awaits.

Must have p!ssed down last night, few flooded stretches of road in the way in.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    edited January 2023
    Morning. WFW. Should have ridden in but took the car instead. Motivation to ride is low, unlike my waistline which seems to be rising. B*gger.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Very pretty outside, sun shining blue sky no wind and snow on the tops of big hills away in the distance. More seasonal garden jungle hack back to come.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Found a flat when I opened the bike shed, fixed the flat, found the offending sliver of glass, so uneventful ride into a chilly headwind. Buff for a "hat" and my thick winter gloves. My bike is shamefully filthy, I'm surprised it still works.
  • seanoconn

Found a flat when I opened the bike shed, fixed the flat, found the offending sliver of glass, so uneventful ride into a chilly headwind. Buff for a "hat" and my thick winter gloves. My bike is shamefully filthy, I'm surprised it still works.

Don’t clean it! Probably all the crud holding it together. Last time I cleaned my bike it cost me £100 for a new derailleur
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Cold and wet out there this morning, thankfully I knocked it back a notch from full winter kit and didn't get too hot. Also came across some flooded stretches of road and path. Now suffering a busy day in the orifice, I think I'm being too nice to people. I say people, I mean idiots. Reading the rim depth thread Ugo has a point about the old guys that were rude but helpful. The old guys that started the company were like that, if you asked a question without thinking and trying to get the answer yourself first you'd come in for some hefty abuse. If you'd thought about it and had a go they were very helpful. Now they've retired and those of us that have been here for a while aren't rude enough, the youngsters aren't learning anything because it's easier to ask one of us. I'll have to smite the next one that asks a silly question.
    B³ and I could have a filthy bike competition, reckon I could win that.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    seanoconn said:

Don’t clean it! Probably all the crud holding it together. Last time I cleaned my bike it cost me £100 for a new derailleur
    Good advice - will leave until April.

• Mbbbrrr!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • seanoconn

Mbbbrrr!

Is that the muffled sound of a bike covered in dirt screaming?
  • Nice anniversary weekend away for me and wifey, now back to the grind.
    And the cold has returned so tonights club run will be a chilly one.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Full of free food 'n' wine having paid the price of listening to an hour long presentation on international tax developments. Should sleep well tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Full of free food 'n' wine having paid the price of listening to an hour long presentation on international tax developments. Should sleep well tonight.

Surely you would have slept without the wine? Wouldn't you?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Surely you would have slept without the wine? Wouldn't you?!
    It was more about the hour long presentation.