sunday is better with pineapple

'ning

nippywindy and gloomygrey, but at least it's not raining

ride of many cafes, laze, hols booked, now need to book more hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, gentle run and then intervals with the newly formed local running group.

They are all coming back here for breakfast where they will encounter the zombie MIL.

Later probably a swim, more walking and the pub I imagine
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    What have you done Oxo?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Nippy, less windy but no snow.

There's no business like snow business like no business I know...

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Nippy, less windy but no snow.

There's no business like snow business like no business I know...

Ahh the dulcet tones of Ethel Merman.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Moaning,

Bright cold and windy here now, no rain though.

I went on a little off-road jaunt yesterday afternoon, it was proper wet. Massive puddles everywhere. On the up side this helped to shift the mud off the bike, so not so much to clean off today. The wind was bitter though, glad I was wrapped up in-between hostelries :)
    Are we going to get snow? :D
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

What have you done Oxo?!

Nothing 🤔😶 I hope. We try and do stuff we can all do and sadly the OH,s eyesight stops her from driving and shooting stuff so axe throwing was suggested. We've all got imaginary targets to throw at. OH her estranged parents. Eldest is ex klingon, mine is the ex wife and for some reason young oxo wants to kill Ronald Macdonald. Something to do with partime job and macshite promotion.
    So the axe chucking may serve many purposes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited January 2023
    Morning All. Slight adjustment to the epic ride plans - a few jobs first fixing latest dog escape holes in the fence and collecting loads of spindly silver birch twigs that drop off next doors tree. Mrs 666 and junior are just about to depart for Liverpool so peace will reign later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Speaking of Liverpool, who has upset @thistle_ ? No posts this year in BB!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    brrr, brrr and thrice brrr

giant pothole filled last week needs filling again, burst water main still a road-wide stream after two weeks, unrelated temporary traffic lights, road at the bottom completely closed, all in less than 1km of highgate west hill, world beating infrastructure

time for more coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, but not for long. Traditional slow start was enjoyed, two cups of tea and one coffee. Lots of little bits and pieces to do today, but none should take too long. But enough that the beer tonight will feel justified. Does feel a bit brrr, but it's not raining so I'll take that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    seanoconn said:

Good spot, maybe TLW can track bit down.

Jobs done, time for lunch then a pootle round the lanes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Maybe TLW already knows but hasn't said for fear of incriminating himself
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

He is still alive
  • seanoconn

@veronese68 can you recommend a decent garage in the Kingston-ish area? Need to replace the EGR valve on a VW Touran (again!) I’d do it myself but it’s right at the bottom of the engine and would be quite a faff to get to. Last place I used didn’t fill the coolant properly so don’t really trust them.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

He is still alive
    And you know this because? Is he locked up in your dungeon or something? This is what I mean about incriminating yourself, now people are wondering what you've done with him.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

@veronese68 can you recommend a decent garage in the Kingston-ish area? Need to replace the EGR valve on a VW Touran (again!) I’d do it myself but it’s right at the bottom of the engine and would be quite a faff to get to. Last place I used didn’t fill the coolant properly so don’t really trust them.
    Bloke I use is near my work in Hanworth, he's pretty good but a bit of a pain to get to. Problem is having supplied a lot of local garages I don't really trust them.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Bloke I use is near my work in Hanworth, he's pretty good but a bit of a pain to get to. Problem is having supplied a lot of local garages I don't really trust them.
    Fair enough 👍
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Fair enough 👍
    I've used Waterfall in Wimbledon, who seemed honest, but I know fcuk all about cars.
  • tlw1
    Can ask our local branch who they trust, can also get you decent discount on the parts of needed
  • tlw1

Don’t you just love a local pub that operates a flood bus
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Can ask our local branch who they trust, can also get you decent discount on the parts of needed

Garages won’t fit parts you give them will they?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

They will, bet way is to talk to them first, you can also claim you work for us…..
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

That reminds me of something, I'll email you from work tomorrow
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

That reminds me of something, I'll email you from work tomorrow
    👍
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

They will, bet way is to talk to them first, you can also claim you work for us…..
    “Hi I’m TLW1 and I’m a pretty big deal in the car parts industry. I’m going to give you a part and you’re flipping well going to fit it.!”

Something like that? 😎
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

“Hi I’m TLW1 and I’m a pretty big deal in the car parts industry. I’m going to give you a part and you’re flipping well going to fit it.!”

Something like that? 😎
    Works for me
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Something like that? 😎
    Works for me
    👍
  • pinno
    Some will insist on OEM.
    Most garages get a bigger discount on parts that Joe Public can get because they spend a lot of money on parts pa., so often they mark up. i.e, there's a big discrepancy between what they get it for and what they charge you. So they make money on parts and labour. Swindling flea bitten motherless goats I tell ya.
    TLW will know.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Some will insist on OEM.
    Most garages get a bigger discount on parts that Joe Public can get because they spend a lot of money on parts pa., so often they mark up. i.e, there's a big discrepancy between what they get it for and what they charge you. So they make money on parts and labour. Swindling flea bitten motherless goats I tell ya.
    TLW will know.

Our parts are oem quality.

For a recent service on the camper van - I got the local branch to price up my cost versus a top tier customers price who was doing the work, the difference was rather significant in my favour
  • 108km and a Training Stress Score of 297 thanks to a 30mph headwind :'(

Saw a bloke walking two dogs and his cat which was a new one!

Managed to test the new Albion insulated jacket, very nice bit of kit.

Made some macaroni cheese for dinner followed by a salted caramel magnum. Nicked a bag of smoky bacon from the other half's multipack. WTF, there were around 8 crisps in there. When did this monstrosity happen (I very rarely eat crisps)? I had to eat 3 bags just to make a viable portion. It was bad enough with multipack snickers, they are basically fun size bars these days....