saturday who'll stop the rain

'ning

oh, rain, how unusual

cafe splosh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Take Mini to tennis in the rain. Ditto netball. Head over to MiL in the rain. Rain.
    Rain.
    Rain.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    A cold wind is a comin' your way. Brr this morning.

Fed birds, fed Beans (twice), now drinking coffee, will nurse back, stretch. Did an hour on the rollers yesterday which didn't aggravate it any.

Watch CX later maybe, pending what's on the idiots lantern tonight.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Let's wake up some of the brethren and diddery dodders like @stevo666 shall we?

Chop chop @Seanoconn, you've got a car to put back together.
    @photonic69 : organ failure or your on the mend. Can't think of any other scenario.
    @tlw1 Walk dogs, run, maybe beer later?
    Ovaltine time @Wheelspinner ?
    Get your arris into gear @johngti
    @veronese68 (too early for him, pointless really)

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Fed birds, fed Beans (twice), now drinking coffee, will nurse back, stretch. Did an hour on the rollers yesterday which didn't aggravate it any.

Does not beans slaughter the birds that you feed?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Can you keep the noise down please. Some of us are a bit delicate this morning.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Humph. Too early...

Junior is driving back up to Liverpool tomorrow, so today will be jobs, getting her a few bits n pieces and checking the car over. Unfortunately it's gopping outside which is where I need to go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

No kids night? You and Mrs Seano get on the wodka and strip poker?!
  • pinno

pinno said:

Yes, the little bastard cute little chap went on a killing spree before Christmas: 5 Sparrows, 1 blue T.it and worst - a Jenny Wren.
    He now has a bright yellow collar and a 'Trixie' bell which is very loud. I keep him in at first light when I feed the birds and so far since instalment of the collar and curfew, no fatalities of the feathered kind. You can have him by the short n curlies because he loves his food and one rattle of the Dreamies bag brings him in instantly.
    I would like to think me feeding the birds, the hedges, the bird boxes and the habitat I provide far exceeds feline genocide.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

No kids night? You and Mrs Seano get on the wodka and strip poker?!
    Vodka and naked darts. Electric dart board, quite good fun.
  • pinno
    edited January 2023
  • Moaning,

It’s been raining on and off all morning but currently stopped. I’ll have to do a bit of food shopping I guess.

My new shiny bearings have just arrived for my Bianchi’s bottom bracket so I might fit them later or not. No rush as I don’t ride it outside this time of the year (mostly). If it stays in non-raining mode I might have a ride to a county pub I know and like, it will be a mudfest! The bar has a proper floor so that’s fine :)
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:
    That actually hurt, thanks!
  • Stevo_666
    Meanwhile at Seano's....
    https://youtu.be/vqxXNZcIdwM
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Was rugby this morning, good 52-0 win for the boys. Lunch, dropped the hound at the groomer, just about to buy wood to make a couple of doors for under the stairs. Also need to check the bike over before an EPIC ride tomorrow.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Was rugby this morning, good 52-0 win for the boys.

Against Camelot Primary School nursery, Peckham?

• Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Was rugby this morning, good 52-0 win for the boys. Lunch, dropped the hound at the groomer, just about to buy wood to make a couple of doors for under the stairs. Also need to check the bike over before an EPIC ride tomorrow.

Funny that, I'm going on an epic ride tomorrow as well :)
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Dagenham’s finest - Robert Clack Science School. Anyone who thinks Dartford is bad should really visit Dagenham
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Funny that, I'm going on an epic ride tomorrow as well :)
    Talk about a coincidence!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    At the old dear's doing a few odd jobs, well, having tea in-between doing odd jobs. I could have replied this morning but didn't want to surprise Piña too much. More pottering tomorrow.
    Hair of the dog time Seano?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Pinno nailed it

Walk hounds, reasonable run, few jobs, haircut and then collect MIL, just had a swim, now a couple of drinks at the club and then pub later
  • johngti
    Splashed out on a new circular saw. Wanted one for ages. Scared the dog with it 🤣
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Yes, the little censored cute little chap went on a killing spree before Christmas: 5 Sparrows, 1 blue T.it and worst - a Jenny Wren.
    He now has a bright yellow collar and a 'Trixie' bell which is very loud. I keep him in at first light when I feed the birds and so far since instalment of the collar and curfew, no fatalities of the feathered kind. You can have him by the short n curlies because he loves his food and one rattle of the Dreamies bag brings him in instantly.
    I would like to think me feeding the birds, the hedges, the bird boxes and the habitat I provide far exceeds feline genocide.
    I wasn't having a go. Cats is cats. We feed the birds, and a neighbour's cat lies in wait, so we open the door and let the dog chase the cat off, and laugh at the dog when it runs headlong into the fence while the cat escapes easily.
  • Stevo_666
    One of our dogs has managed to bag a few birds. Most seem to have been fledglings that haven't been quick enough or not realised that flying too close to the ground is a bit dangerous. Although one victim was a dopey adult pigeon that didn't spot it had landed rather close to where junior hound was sitting.
  • beansnikpoh
    I can't think what my stupid mutt would do if it ever caught a bird/squirrel/cat. Not a lot I suspect.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    johngti said:

Splashed out on a new circular saw. Wanted one for ages. Scared the dog with it 🤣

Ooh, nice. I need to get a new one as I've got my old man's one which is rather past it's best, past being safe I think. Sparks and burning smell stopped me using it last time I tried 😂
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2023
    oxoman said:

I can't think what my stupid mutt would do if it ever caught a bird/squirrel/cat. Not a lot I suspect.

I suspect mines the same. Sits on a stool watching up the garden for squirrels and cats then launches after them. They're normally long gone by the time he arrives or teasing him from above. PS OH likes the Mutts portrait.

Bit classier than our 'portrait ' of the hounds.

It was a photo shop job BTW, we didn't actually dress them up in that rubbish :smile:
  • Stevo_666

Ours just trotted around with it in his mouth feeling a bit full of himself, then sat there and guarded the corpse once he got bored with trotting around.
  • pinno
    I have a DeWalt circular saw. It's very good.
    Keep that thing straight or it can kick.
  • pinno
    edited January 2023

pinno said:

pinno said:

Yes, the little censored cute little chap went on a killing spree before Christmas: 5 Sparrows, 1 blue T.it and worst - a Jenny Wren.
    I wasn't having a go. Cats is cats. We feed the birds, and a neighbour's cat lies in wait, so we open the door and let the dog chase the cat off, and laugh at the dog when it runs headlong into the fence while the cat escapes easily.
    I didn't think you were.
    My Spaniel used to chase off a mythical cat when I told him 'shh.. pus.sy cat... shh.." He could barely contain himself and upon opening the back door, would go off into the black night at 100mph barking and then come back with a swagger as if to say 'I showed him boss'.
    This was years and years after the farmers cat would visit regularly but decided to attack me for no reason and my Spaniel got quite agitated by the cat attacking boss man. At that moment I told my dog to tell him off, so he did.

• pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Dagenham’s finest - Robert Clack Science School. Anyone who thinks Dartford is bad should really visit Dagenham
    Used to go 10 pin bowling at Dagenham.
    Also used to go up there and boy race it a bit when I was resident in Eastbaaaaawn.
    Fantastic burger van open till 4am near the Ford Factory where we'd meet up, plan and spout car bollox.

Was on the A23 Peas Potage area on way back behind 2 XR3's flat out and some lights flashed behind. Thought it was cops so the 3 of us slowed down and filtered left and a 911 shot by like we were standing still.
    Decided to drive like grannies back home after that, thoroughly deflated.