temporary lull in deluge

cafe, over to h.street for once over at dentist, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Fancy-dress Fatimas

Boy it's dull.
    Toots are back to school today. Yippee! That means Mrs P and I can sort the house out.
    More wood to stack later this morning when it arrives.
    Chilly weather on the way so they say.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Hopped on the bike in my sexy tights this morning to discover a visit from the P fairy. Car instead.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Days are blurring, last night went for a walk with a pal and we saw some fun bikers and I went there’s the Wednesday X club and my pal pointed out it’s Tuesday 🤦‍♂️

Work snizzle with too many meetings. Later is a swim and a run (ish)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Another day caving and being annoyed by idiots. At least its not raining - yet. Finally sourced the right part to fix the knackered garage door so will get that sorted today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Ridey ride. Some blackguard had parked their shiny new e-bike in my slot in the cycle store, as indicated by both my locks being locked to the slot. Luckily they were idiots, and only locked the back wheel, rather than locking the bike to the racking, so I lifted it out and put in one of the vacant overhead slots. Hopefully they're a big strong lad, because the bike weighs a ton...

Warm out, tailwind-assisted, it'll be wet and headwindy on the way home though. Friday looks like a nice day for a ride, if windy.
  • WFH today, currently looking at various webcams and weather forcasts.
    Will need to exercise today, most likely a run.
    Left over carbonara (the proper version, not cream and ham) for lunch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    pinno said:

Boy it's dull.
    Toots are back to school today. Yippee! That means Mrs P and I can sort the house out.

The c0ck and balls shape of the Kintyre peninsula / Arran always makes me smile...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    TLW's not the only one blurring days, mild Thursday hangover is present, shame it's early. WFH for me today rather than Friday as usual as I may have to go to the NEC Friday, deep joy. I'll go to the pub later to recalibrate my body clock. Seano, did you drive to work in the sexy tights? Went to the quacks for a blood test this morning, they found it eventually and apparently it's pressure was also good. I'd be disappointed if you didn't have proper carbonara HD. Oh well, better get back to fending off stupid questions
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    edited January 2023
    Trying to arrange site visits around this weather is rubbish. A ride followed by a late morning meeting on Monday would have been ideal if snow wasn't forecast...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Shower dodging, tree brash fettling, tip run #1 of several, keep on baggin' (per Noddy Holder soundwise). Feeling 'kin tired, one calf muscle has decided to start twingeing for no apparent reason, is it after effects of that heavy, first in a long time gym sesh yesterday?

Enough. Hit the caffeine + shortbread, poke about on t'interweb, early night beckons.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Munsford0 said:

pinno said:

Boy it's dull.

The c0ck and balls shape of the Kintyre peninsula / Arran always makes me smile...
    Looks like it might end up p1$$ing on Stranraer...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Munsford0 said:

pinno said:

Boy it's dull.

Looks like it might end up p1$$ing on Stranraer...
    It didn't, though it was very windy.
    Passed this woman (late 50's ish) who was on her bike as I was driving in to collect the younger half of clan Pinno and she was making faces as she struggled uphill into the wind and looked like she was moving at about a speed just about standstill - no joke.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!