tuesday from the safest places come the bravest words

'ning

oh my, more rain

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Horrible out there, not sure even the hounds enjoyed the walk.

Knee is still hurting so I may skip the run and swim tonight
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    And the winner of most rained upon BBer of the day goes to… drum roll please…..

Soggy seano! 🥇🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Bit wet out there

Rain jacket ✅ great.
    Waterproof shoes ✅ Great
    Waterproof trousers ❌ not so waterproof anymore, in the bin already.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Bit wet out there

Rain jacket ✅ great.
    Waterproof shoes ✅ Great

No waterproofs this morning as I’m saving them if I run later - complete change of clothes after walking hounds 🙄
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

Bit wet out there

Rain jacket ✅ great.
    Waterproof shoes ✅ Great

You must be stupid well done for having a go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    seanoconn said:

Bit wet out there

Rain jacket ✅ great.
    Waterproof shoes ✅ Great

Excellent commitment. I consulted the weather gods, and will be in the office Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week. Today and Thursday I will be in the box at the end of the garden getting sweaty with Emma Lovewell.
  • pinno
    Nice thought B³.
  • seanoconn
    Car in limp mode for the past month aids commitment. Must replace EGR valve £££ new rear tyres ££ rear brakes which I have but time and space to put the buggers on. Then flog the annoying lump.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    seanoconn said:

Bit wet out there

Rain jacket ✅ great.
    Waterproof shoes ✅ Great

Might be a bit chilly riding home with no trousers...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Gopping here so hunkered down in the cave with a hot mug of coffee being annoyed by clueless Japanese people At least they knock off soon so the irritation will cease.

Mrs 666s car has sprung a slow coolant leak which is an added PITA but slow enough to top up every few days until I can be bothered to get it sorted.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Shite weather, due to rain all day. Bah humbug. Will do a gym sesh in a bit, assuming I can find enough waterproofing to walk there at least dryish.

Then better start chasing up some tradesmen, as it's a new working year.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    You lot should be thankful I've lost my mojo for photography... weather here has been glorious of late. :-)

Taxi duty day again. Still trying to decide whether to keep the Starlink box or not. It's better than I have already, but it is a lot more expensive to use and hard to rationalise if the performance warrants the uptick.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Decidedly moist wobble in this morning, I must be as stupid as Seano. The good news is the Endura Humvee trousers the EPO got me for Christmas worked a treat, not being completely waterproof for that boil in the bag feeling, but water repellant and light enough that I was dry within a few minutes of arriving. Supposed to be out in Twickenham for beer and curry this evening, bus strike means the pub hack may be used if the rain stops, otherwise it's a long walk home.
    Just sent a message to the plumber about repairing and servicing our boiler, more expense isn't what I need but it's tripping several times a week. I know people that spent a lot of money to get to that state.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666

I must be as stupid as Seano.

Don't be too hard on yourself :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

I must be as stupid as Seano.

Don't be too hard on yourself :)

My ear canals are stainless steel, took a bullet, passed right through.
  • seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Decidedly moist wobble in this morning, I must be as stupid as Seano. The good news is the Endura Humvee trousers the EPO got me for Christmas worked a treat, not being completely waterproof for that boil in the bag feeling, but water repellant and light enough that I was dry within a few minutes of arriving. Supposed to be out in Twickenham for beer and curry this evening, bus strike means the pub hack may be used if the rain stops, otherwise it's a long walk home.
    Just sent a message to the plumber about repairing and servicing our boiler, more expense isn't what I need but it's tripping several times a week. I know people that spent a lot of money to get to that state.

I’ll swap you your hummvee trousers for the scarf I’m never gonna wear?
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    seanoconn said:

My ear canals are stainless steel, took a bullet, passed right through.

Mental floss
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Munsford0 said:

Mental floss

I used to remember that but now...

That first in over a month due to lurg effects gym sesh hurt. A lot. I've got some way to go to get back to 'normal' fitness levels let alone improve. Plus got well washed on way there and back. Effin' miserable here today.

Highlight of day? Concoct some random tax return thing? Wow.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Seems like a day for tax returns. I'm owed £400 apparently.
  • Stevo_666

Well done. Seems I owe them a bit so am waiting until later this month before pressing the button.
  • pinno
    I paid £48 income tax for financial year 21/22.
  • pinno
    Between showers us:

• tlw1
    pinno said:

The advantage of being a rent boy is the tax free income
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

I pay more than that and I don’t work. So much for being a free loading pensioner.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

I’ll swap you your hummvee trousers for the scarf I’m never gonna wear?
    No thank you 😁
  • Seems like a day for tax returns. I'm owed £400 apparently.

Years ago when I was working in London got a call from my old man "you've got a letter from the taxman, oh dear I bet you owe them some money" followed by howls of laughter (I hadn't bothered to update my address straight away when I moved there so all my post went to home).

Visited home a few weeks later to find a cheque for four and a half grand from HMRC! Turns out my old employer had my tax code wrong and I had overpaid 3 years of tax. The look on his face when I waved the cheque in front of him 😂
  • Stevo_666 said:

Well done. Seems I owe them a bit so am waiting until later this month before pressing the button.
    Mine had 1300 sat on account due to the 50% up front rule. Just used it to soften this years bill :'(
    Advocate of disc brakes.