my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds, then off to church Stretton for a morning in the hills 😎

Later to my parents for lunch and probably the pub later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Hoping kids football is called off this morning. Windy and wet.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Morning. Was bright now dreary. Taking lad back to uni. Probably miss him more this time.
    Back to bike commutes next week.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    On/off rain here making the hound walk a bit of a gamble. Cousin having a birthday bash later on but have to drive otherwise it'll take ages to get there and back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited January 2023
    Clear to the North, cloudy to the East, West and South.
    Not raining yet. Girls are going swimming.

Woke up to Beans footprints all over the windowsills and the kitchen table in a funny route and no other evidence. Habeas corpus. Haven't completed the investigation yet.
    Suggestions please.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    A light shower day, according to forecast. Just got dumped on inc hailstones. Fort I was not far far away pedalling but outside doing some tree winter pruning so easy dodge. To be continued...

As for Beans, get the duster out!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    pinno said:

Clear to the North, cloudy to the East, West and South.
    Not raining yet. Girls are going swimming.

Woke up to Beans footprints all over the windowsills and the kitchen table in a funny route and no other evidence. Habeas corpus. Haven't completed the investigation yet.
    Suggestions please.

he's setting tests for you now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Very cold and wet ride this morning followed by hot chocolate and bacon.
    Ski sunday later with something non alcoholic.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

A light shower day, according to forecast. Just got dumped on inc hailstones. Fort I was not far far away pedalling but outside doing some tree winter pruning so easy dodge. To be continued...

As for Beans, get the duster out!

Duster?! Soap and not a lot of water then beeswax polish the dodgy wotsit. I think he probably watched the pheasant who visits the garden regularly and went to the front window, then table then other window.
    He has tried to catch it. First time he saw it, he legged it into the house.

Anyhoo, friend of a friend bought a Maine co.on kitten for £750 (with a signed agreement not to breed). I saw her at the supermarket. She had just brought it down from Glasgow and it was in a cat basket in the car. Stunning Tabby markings, 5 months old. Big for 5 months. Will be an indoor cat only.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Godforsaken country. Will it ever stop raining?

Trip to Kingston, then been watching cookery shows and complaining about the weather. A nice piece of pork belly roasting. We will have it with noodles and greens.
  • pinno

Godforsaken country. Will it ever stop raining?

Trip to Kingston, then been watching cookery shows and complaining about the weather. A nice piece of pork belly roasting. We will have it with noodles and greens.

7 months of rain, 5 months of drought.
    Climate change innit.

However... some interesting stats here:

https://climateknowledgeportal.worldbank.org/country/united-kingdom/climate-data-historical#:~:text=Average annual precipitation in the,water into high northern latitudes.