friday it's raining heffalumps

'ning

soggy roads from the night's deluge

stroll cafe wfh stuff laze, it's been a long week
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Happy King's Day

This of course means beers later after WFW have to check the mince pie situation and get possible cheap after christmas top-ups :)

• No conditions attached? She's playing you mate!
    Zwifted this morning, WFW, try and sort out what seems to be a blocked flue on one of the wood burners and then hit the hot tub with some alcohol free Prosecco :/
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    4th straight day WFH and I'm almost missing the office :o Still it's Friday so can't be all bad. Mrs. 666 has managed to loan out Miss Ukraine to a family down the road for 3 weeks as she was getting tired of her. So hopefully less stress in the house for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    In an office on a Friday - poor planning

Pub later, need a run but knee is sore
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    saw this in the paper while i was on hols, pineapple, sun, smiley, just so tempting

to embiggen, open image in new tab
  • Looks like something an 8yr old would wear.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Just not with a banana strap SG.

It's clear and dry and windy and I haven't done much.

Shcottisch pooer knocked on the door to hand me a card saying that they are going to give me some firewood change our pole so power outage on the 19th from 9 till 3. That means bistro in the sticks.
    Beans wasn't happy. I thought he was going to break the kitchen door down trying to escape from the monster. Funny little boy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    sungod said:

saw this in the paper while i was on hols, pineapple, sun, smiley, just so tempting

to embiggen, open image in new tab

Definitely you SG, it’s a sign you must buy it. It’s hard to see what the actually time is because the dial is so busy but apart from that it’s very nice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Where tf have you been @seanoconn ? I hope you have a good explanation.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522

Looks like something an 8yr old would wear.

they know their market, i spent most of my life refusing to grow up, it's more fun :smiley:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

Where tf have you been @seanoconn ? I hope you have a good explanation.

Ahh, you know, mooching about.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Looks like something an 8yr old would wear.

they know their market, i spent most of my life refusing to grow up, it's more fun :smiley:
    Just a tad on the pricey side for a fun watch :open_mouth:
    https://hodinkee.com/articles/hold-the-phone-richard-mille-released-an-emoji-watch
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    First actual outside pedal of the year, indeed first since Dec 2nd due to deluges and lurgs. Good for the mind, and body esp that fat belly.

Couple things en route made me smile more. Passed the entrance to this estate, goes by name of Dildawn. I would not like to spend my life telling people 'no, it's ok I don't go around wearing one of those things'.

Then on edge of this hamlet 2 big mature leafless trees with hundreds of starlings sitting on the tops chattering away to each other. This was about midday, guess they need time to warm up for the murmurations.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH for the first time in almost a month which is a welcome change, mercifully I forgot to forward my phone to my mobile so the stupid questions are rather fewer at least.
    Very glad it's Friday, off to Gatwick later to collect the old dear so no pub stop tonight which is dull.
    That watch is wonderful, worth looking at the bigger image as it really is an impressive piece of work. As Stevo says that's a hell of a price for a fun watch, interesting article he posted.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    WFH for the first time in almost a month which is a welcome change, mercifully I forgot to forward my phone to my mobile so the stupid questions are rather fewer at least.
    Very glad it's Friday, off to Gatwick later to collect the old dear so no pub stop tonight which is dull.
    That watch is wonderful, worth looking at the bigger image as it really is an impressive piece of work. As Stevo says that's a hell of a price for a fun watch, interesting article he posted.

I thought I spent too much on watches, but that article makes me feel a whole lot better :)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    When you said pricey I was thinking a few grand but that price is something else.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

I thought I spent too much on watches, but that article makes me feel a whole lot better :)
    😂
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2023
    webboo said:

When you said pricey I was thinking a few grand but that price is something else.

It's probably better if sg wears a fake Richard Mille while he's sitting outside on one of his cafe stops :)
    https://malaymail.com/news/life/2022/07/25/swiss-tourist-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-italy-has-counterfeit-richard-mille-watch-returned-minutes-later-video/19190
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    webboo said:

$1.22m! For a toy! FFS. Think I'll wait for the NFT version. Not.

Mind you, according to the tan lines, the last time I wore a watch was... 20 years ago?
  • pinno

• pinno
    Beans looks like a proper gent, whereas your mutt looks like... a mutt.
    Tired but happy mutt I presume?
  • pinno
    We had a Staff called Sheba. She was a total star.