Prince Harry

Is he taking thepiss or has he lost the plot?

discuss.
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,875
    Both?
    Certainly doing himself no favours, and comes across as a total hypocrite.
    Doesn't want media intrusion but sells his soul to Netflix and a book deal.......
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It’s the strangest way of getting reconciled with your family I’ve ever come across.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    For someone who shuns the press he's doing a remarkable job of making sure he's in the spotlight. He cries he's so fucksing hard done by. Oh, woe is me. Overpriviledged ginger twats.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    But... but his necklace got snapped!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Paging Pierce Moron, paging Pierce Moron... there's another meejah discussion.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Lost the plot. Him and his mrs comes across as a pair of self obsessed cUnts whose one sided narrative plays to being the victims rather than money grabbing whores.

If ging was sincere about carving a new life with his family away from the spotlight it seems his behaviour is diametrically opposed to his express intentions.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474

Can we the people demand a blood test?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,592
    edited January 2023
    Arsewipe.
    I predicted this would happen pre-wedding but he doesn't have to be pussywhipped.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,279
    What do you really think guys?

I'm always amazed people have such strong feelings about this stuff. Some real vitriol.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,231
    Lad made $100m on the Netflix deal apparently.

If the press are giving you a rough ride anyway, why not make a lot of money out of it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    They showed a few clips of an ITV interview with him on BBC news (which felt a bit odd). The ITV guy actually asked him the question about the request for privacy v writing the book and even Harry looked a bit embarrassed in his attempts to justify it. The thing is he knows he can say anything as his family won’t make an official response.

It’s all a bit said when people decide to air their family problems in public instead of working them out privately but I guess there’s no money in private mediation. He certainly seems very bitter about being the younger sibling as though anyone could do anything about that.
  • Pross
    slowmart said:

Can we the people demand a blood test?

The ginger hair is the only real similarity. He looks like Diana and quite similar to her brother (not implying anything there!). Something in that photo I’ve never noticed before is that he seems to have less sticking out versions of Charlie’s ears.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    You lot are all going to be dead but we HAVE to work out what we do with the "spares" because I (and pango and rick) really don't want to be paying Louis and Charlotte for the same stuff on 20 years (and the ones after that, and the ones after that)

Which means that we have to let them go their own way on the world and leave them alone.

Time for the country to get a grip and leave Harry alone...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    edited January 2023
    ddraver said:

You lot are all going to be dead but we HAVE to work out what we do with the "spares" because I (and pango and rick) really don't want to be paying Louis and Charlotte for the same stuff on 20 years (and the ones after that, and the ones after that)

Which means that we have to let them go their own way on the world and leave them alone.

Time for the country to get a grip and leave Harry alone...

What is it about his Netflix documentary, book deal and publicity interviews that makes you think he wants to be left alone? I suspect the majority of us are more than happy to leave him alone and do his own thing away from the glare of publicity.

• ddraver
    Yet here we are...
    - @ddraver
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    People not getting the concept of control? They talk to the press, media etc on their terms, not on the terms of paparazzi and tabloid clickbaiters.

Im not over invested enough to care but I reckon there is enough circumstantial evidence to suggest he’s been treated badly enough to justify his kick back . Let’s face it, his Mum would be very proud of him.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Pross
    ddraver said:

Yet here we are...

Yes, commenting on something he has decided to bring into the public arena. As I said, what is it about that which makes you feel he wants to be left alone?
  • ddraver
    You don't have to watch the Netflix show, you don't have to pre-order the book. You don't have to click on the newspaper report or comment piece, you don't have to watch the interview.

They won't get money if you don't click.

I haven't done any of the above and I would put it in the top 5 easiest things I did in 2022...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    edited January 2023
    ddraver said:

You don't have to watch the Netflix show, you don't have to pre-order the book. You don't have to click on the newspaper report or comment piece, you don't have to watch the interview.

They won't get money if you don't click.

I haven't done any of the above and I would put it in the top 5 easiest things I did in 2022...

So you mean ignore him rather than leave him alone? Saying leave him alone suggested people were hassling him.

I haven’t done any of those things either but it’s hard to ignore him if you watch the main news bulletin and it is the headline story though.

People have managed to leave Prince Edward alone for decades, they even left Prince Andrew more or less alone until he decided to associate with a paedo.
  • ddraver
    So it's possible...

We just got to do it.
    - @ddraver
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Not seen or read anything about this whole saga other than the unavoidable headlines.

All I can say is it's unclear what his priorities are. If they are reconciliation, he is being very badly advised, if it is income, well yes, he's being very successful but at what cost to his emotional wellbeing?

It just makes me cringe. It's like the worst of Jerry Springer. People selling their souls and airing everything in public for a TV appearance.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    I've not paid it much attention but if he came out with some really shocking stuff it'd be quite interesting.

If it's right he's made £100m out if it then who can blame him - I'd spill some beans on my family for half that.

Haven't got any sympathy for the firm or whatever they call themselves if they don't like it they should do the honourable thing and abdicate.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,592
    ddraver said:

So it's possible...

We just got to do it.

Loving the irony of your continued posts on the subject. 😉 I've done as you've suggested yet I still can't avoid the subject. I just want them to f-off to the quiet we all want.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Please just let it stop
  • rick_chasey
    edited January 2023
    I’d be curious if there is any group of people who are not mildly Republican who side with Harry.

I suspect the dividing line is entirely if you’re a royalist or not.

Harry is showing up how thick and petty and weird the whole royal thing is, and the royalists don’t like it and the Republicans do.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 2,867

I've not paid it much attention but if he came out with some really shocking stuff it'd be quite interesting.

If it's right he's made £100m out if it then who can blame him - I'd spill some beans on my family for half that.

Haven't got any sympathy for the firm or whatever they call themselves if they don't like it they should do the honourable thing and abdicate.

I wonder what the 100m would be if it was scaled in proportion to your current net worth though? It seems like he has more than enough, and he's ultimately lost and chance of reconciliation. (Although perhaps he already felt that was the case)

I try not to gaf about the situation. It's always a little sad to see families break apart like this.
  • rick_chasey
    edited January 2023
    Jezyboy said:

I wonder what the 100m would be if it was scaled in proportion to your current net worth though? It seems like he has more than enough, and he's ultimately lost and chance of reconciliation. (Although perhaps he already felt that was the case)

I try not to gaf about the situation. It's always a little sad to see families break apart like this.
    It doubles his total wealth. So quite a lot.

He’s getting sh!t from the press anyway so why not get paid for it?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    pblakeney said:

ddraver said:

So it's possible...

We just got to do it.

Loving the irony of your continued posts on the subject. 😉 I've done as you've suggested yet I still can't avoid the subject. I just want them to f-off to the quiet we all want.
    Unfortunately DMG, News International et al can't make money out of them f-ing off. And there are enough people who are interested to make it worth their while. Clem is spot on: he's going to get the attention anyway so may as well do it on his terms.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Bless him for getting it reported that he wants a reconciliation.
  • He's played a blinder.