T'was the night before Friday... a.k.a. Thursday on it's last legs

Out and about, picked up replacement wheels for woodchipper, some random cr@p, and a few supplies.

More garden tidy up to finish the day. Bins are chockers.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh in Chester but without the hybrid commute 🙄

Running later near a pals house, going to be a long day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

gloomygrey continues, not raining for the moment

stroll cafes wfh laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Another train strike today to fill the gap between the other two, so decided not to spend the time communting so that I could sit in an empty office and do Teams calls with people WFH...

On the upside, got a bit of a lie in. Onwards to Teams meetings. Whoopee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wet again.

Coffee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Back in work today, could have probably stayed at home but thought I'd better show some willing towards the troops.
    On the upside I managed to dump the tree at the recycle point on my way in.
    Still feeling crappy so not sure weather to swim at lunch or wait another day...
    WWBRD?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Grey and damp here. WFW again. By all accounts it really should be Saturday at least by now. Spent the last few weeks ill in bed and all I wanted to do was to be up and out. Now I'm better all I want to do is to crawl back into bed for a snooze.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno

WWBRD?

Eat cake. Drink coffee.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Looks like highlight of the day will a supermarket sweep scavenge, if'n there's all that cheapo cake? Due to rain all day. Again.

Today's achievement will be learning how to use LibreOffice Draw, get some plans plotted and plots planned.

More coffee please matron.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Looks like highlight of the day will a supermarket sweep scavenge, if'n there's all that cheapo cake? Due to rain all day. Again.

Today's achievement will be learning how to use LibreOffice Draw, get some plans plotted and plots planned.

What's wrong with some tent pegs and string?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

What's wrong with some tent pegs and string?
    They don't work too well with verticals.
  • tlw1

Back in work today, could have probably stayed at home but thought I'd better show some willing towards the troops.
    On the upside I managed to dump the tree at the recycle point on my way in.
    Still feeling crappy so not sure weather to swim at lunch or wait another day...
    WWBRD?

I would man up 😂
  • I'm hoping that a day or two of staying dry and warm shifts it, I'll woman up today and see how we go...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, had to drive in and deliver the EPO en route. Obviously this means it wasn't raining, still quite mild out. Lots of silly questions being fended off, but they keep coming back. The downside of being one of the few left in the business that knows stuff.
    tlw1 said:

I would man up 😂

But we all know you're a lunatic, TLW should now refer to That Loopy W...

• Stevo_666
    edited January 2023
    I went out for a bike ride this evening round Sevenoaks. Not sure that counts as manning up, but I reckon I've earned my tramp fuel for this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I Wobbled to Wombledon Common, had a pint with a friend and wobbled back. That's enough exercise for one day with appropriate reward featuring.
  • Just me attempting dry Jan then? Well until next weekend at least.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Just me attempting dry Jan then? Well until next weekend at least.

I'm going for 'damp January' where I try to drink to drink bit less than usual. Apparently it doesn't make you live longer, it just feels like it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

dry january would be great, but it just keeps raining
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

dry january would be great, but it just keeps raining
    Rain forecast 9 out of the next 12 days.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1

Obviously not me