'ning

ride if the overnight sogginess has evaporated

cafes, finish off mince pies, laze

need to sort out some hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Walk hounds, last run in daylight for a few days, few jobs and probably no ale for the first time in weeks 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Grey, still.

Might go down 75 to CD for organic white.

Beans has gone off pouches and tinned stuff. I think he has passed peak consumption and is all growed up.
    [Shorty says Beans will never grow up].

Sausages in onion gravy for dinner.
    Might pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Last day of a 17 day break...decided I CBA to go into the office until Thurs as it'll be pretty empty on account of the train strike. So no mega early start tomorrow. Next on the list: coffee, a few jobs then more ski holiday planning :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Last day of a 17 day break...decided I CBA to go into the office until Thurs as it'll be pretty empty on account of the train strike. So no mega early start tomorrow. Next on the list: coffee, a few jobs including cleaning my crusty bike, then more ski holiday planning :)

FTFY

Can't you get a snow machine for your drive?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Last day of a 17 day break...decided I CBA to go into the office until Thurs as it'll be pretty empty on account of the train strike. So no mega early start tomorrow. Next on the list: coffee, a few jobs including cleaning my crusty bike, then more ski holiday planning :)

FTFY

Don't forget the ski lift, it's a long way up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

FTFY

That's what Ukrainian girl should offer.

#cleanbikesandlifts.sorted
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Last day of Christmas in this house, all getting packed away to make space for the EPO's desk to go back. Alarm has been set f so no slow start tomorrow. Will give the bike a once over at some point. Might need some coffee first.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

FTFY

That's what Ukrainian girl should offer.

#cleanbikesandlifts.sorted
    Ironically she's coming back today from a short break in Geneva with one of her mates...universal credit goes a long way.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Sun is shining but well nippy out there. Changing a plug when temps near zero turns out to be a bit fumbly. Now that I actually have a power supply to garage means Things can get Done.

Turbo sesh option chosen for later; given my current propensity for dropitis, no doubt the me / bike / ice combo would have worked out well.
    pinno said:

Copy Beans Cat. Doing same, with added truffle pancetta (didn't use for a Christmas speshul) plus assorted flavoursome additives.
  • Meal planning and a bit of work, hot tub later.
    Ironman training started this morning with a short run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Sun is shining but well nippy out there. Changing a plug when temps near zero turns out to be a bit fumbly. Now that I actually have a power supply to garage means Things can get Done.

Turbo sesh option chosen for later; given my current propensity for dropitis, no doubt the me / bike / ice combo would have worked out well.

pinno said:

Copy Beans Cat. Doing same, with added truffle pancetta (didn't use for a Christmas speshul) plus assorted flavoursome additives.
    ...added Chestnut mushrooms and red wine para mi.
  • pinno
    Lovely pedal. Cool but beautiful, clear blue skies.
    Roads are a helluva mess, gravel everywhere. Plenty of spontaneous Fords to cross but don't worry, I took no Turkey's with me.
  • Stevo_666
    Washed cack off bike so it's ready for communting this week. London roads will be cleaner.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Roads are a helluva mess, gravel everywhere. Plenty of spontaneous Fords to cross but don't worry, I took no Turkey's with me.

Still too soon
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Stevo_666 said:

Washed cack off bike so it's ready for communting this week. London roads will be cleaner.

You reminded me I’d left my bike in the garden after hose down 👍

I think you’re ready for a full commute soon Stevo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Still too soon
    How about Jan 2024?
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Still too soon

Maybe now?
  • Stevo_666
    Apparently they can swim...

• tlw1
    🖕🏼
  • seanoconn
    Too soon then
  • veronese68
    Old eyes and a phone screen mean I thought TLW was giving a thumbs up 😁
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

...added Chestnut mushrooms and red wine para mi.
    Correctamundo. Plus sweet pepper, garlic, diced carrot, herbs a-plenty, spoon of redcurrant jelly.... mmm tasty.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

🖕🏼

:D
  • pinno
    edited January 2023
    Given it's historical significance, I hereby present the tale told from objective voice hoping to seal it's place in folklore.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times but with joy in her heart and lightness in her feet, Lady TLW collected the Turkey from the Poultrey. She stepped away with a fervent stride. This oversized bird would delight the recipients when stuffed and glowing and glistening from the hot oven on the festive day, bringing tidings of joy.
    Lady TLW climbed in her carriage and sped off with gusto and glee.

Alas, this day, this day of much rain which followed a day of much rain which followed another day of much rain (and another); oh it was damp and wet; more damp than a cold hot tub in February in Dudley. In her haste and excitement Lady TLW crossed the Ford like she had crossed the Ford 1000 times before but the carriage became stuck in deeper water than what she had become accustomed to. The carriage quickly filled with cold, rushing water and the bird slipped from her grasp and slowly entered into the water, bobbing and reflecting in the moonlight, dancing across rocks. The river; sweeping – nay; carrying whatever was in it’s way far out, far out from land and friends. Lady TLW's heart sank and she was filled with dread, tears welled up in her eyes adding to the precipitation thus far from the sky as she watched the magnificent bird disappear into the night.
    But worse, much worse, the (borrowed), gilded carriage of imported German craftsmanship from a distributor of repute, followed the bird and she had to abandon 'ship' and so was left in the middle of the Ford, water up to her quivering, pointy elbows. Breathless, cold and in danger of completing a threesome in the river – bird, carriage and woman of heart and substance, Lady TLW strove hard against the relentless current and exited this spontaneous river of doom, just.
    Every step, every soggy burdensome step back towards the Castle of TLW was spent thinking of how she was going to deliver the awful news to the expectant family within.

...and to this day, the master of Castle, her loyal and bitter husband – bound by official wedlock and signature has yet to forgive her. Yet to forgive that night of the unforgiving torrent and the amphibious feathers genus meleabris (North American origin), the sturdy carriage lost forever, all green with algae and covered in elodea canidensis - a wonderful habitat for newts and toads and protectorate of the fry of the Trout.

...to this day.

• oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Apparently they can swim...

I thought it was HD starting his iron man training.
    Seriously though Mr HD, good luck.
    Missed that, but thanks. I think...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Given it's historical significance, I hereby present the tale told from objective voice hoping to seal it's place in folklore.

I'm sure there are videos of this on YouTube, or similar at any rate.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times but with joy in her heart and lightness in her feet, Lady TLW collected the Turkey from the Poultrey. She stepped away with a fervent stride. This oversized bird would delight the recipients when stuffed and glowing and glistening from the hot oven on the festive day, bringing tidings of joy.
    Lady TLW climbed in her carriage and sped off with gusto and glee.

Alas, this day, this day of much rain which followed a day of much rain which followed another day of much rain (and another); oh it was damp and wet; more damp than a cold hot tub in February in Dudley. In her haste and excitement Lady TLW crossed the Ford like she had crossed the Ford 1000 times before but the carriage became stuck in deeper water than what she had become accustomed to. The carriage quickly filled with cold, rushing water and the bird slipped from her grasp and slowly entered into the water, bobbing and reflecting in the moonlight, dancing across rocks. The river; sweeping – nay; carrying whatever was in it’s way far out, far out from land and friends. Lady TLW's heart sank and she was filled with dread, tears welled up in her eyes adding to the precipitation thus far from the sky as she watched the magnificent bird disappear into the night.
    But worse, much worse, the (borrowed), gilded carriage of imported German craftsmanship from a distributor of repute, followed the bird and she had to abandon 'ship' and so was left in the middle of the Ford, water up to her quivering, pointy elbows. Breathless, cold and in danger of completing a threesome in the river – bird, carriage and woman of heart and substance, Lady TLW strove hard against the relentless current and exited this spontaneous river of doom, just.
    Every step, every soggy burdensome step back towards the Castle of TLW was spent thinking of how she was going to deliver the awful news to the expectant family within.

...and to this day, the master of Castle, her loyal and bitter husband – bound by official wedlock and signature has yet to forgive her. Yet to forgive that night of the unforgiving torrent and the amphibious feathers genus meleabris (North American origin), the sturdy carriage lost forever, all green with algae and covered in elodea canidensis - a wonderful habitat for newts and toads and protectorate of the fry of the Trout.

...to this day.

Still too ferkin soon
  • pinno
    Chapter 2 coming soon: 'The silent dinner'.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Will it feature turkey?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Will it feature turkey?
    Somehow I think not