'ning

more rain, may try for a ride once light

more cafes, more mince pies, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    oxoman said:

Morning all and it's not raining here. Going to attempt first run / physical exercise in 3 wks. Might end up hacking my lungs up again. Out with the family to watch Ice Hockey for a change. Look at buying some new bike wheels as well.

Ooh, Ice hockey. Never been to watch a game but sounds interesting.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited December 2022
    Another good lie in. Managed to fix junior hounds escape route into next doors garden yesterday, it was well hidden behind the bushes and trees. Just waiting for a gap in the weather before heading out.

Bit bah humbug on NYE enforced jollity and packed out pubs/ ripoff restaurants so going to chill this evening with the leftover booze from Christmas. There's a bottle of Luxembourg 'champagne' in the fridge that one of the guests brought round a few days ago so may give that a go this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Way over slept after yesterday's shenanigans.

Flooding caused our drainage to back up and muggins had to sort it with a sore back after shifting a truckload of wood the previous day which was after a heavy gym session on Wednesday. So the back said 'no' once I had finished stacking and Beans said 'meow' next to his dish just 1 minute after walking in the door. I bent down and abrreviated 'meow'. The rest, is as they say, history.

Took preference for (some) alcohol over painkillers last night and slept like baby. 10hrs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Chilled start after an impromptu party at friends, nice run to get my annual mileage to a round number and confirm my status as running more than I’m home according to the wife.

Walk to a local pub and then dress up for a safari dinner, 6 couples, so 6 courses at 6 different houses with ours being the final stop. Should be a giggle
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Chilled start after an impromptu party at friends, nice run to get my annual mileage to a round number and confirm my status as running more than I’m home according to the wife.

Walk to a local pub and then dress up for a safari dinner, 6 couples, so 6 courses at 6 different houses with ours being the final stop. Should be a giggle

That sounds good as long as you're all in staggering distance of each other. I should mention that to the locals for next year :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

That sounds good as long as you're all in staggering distance of each other. I should mention that to the locals for next year :)
    Isn't it traditional out in the boondocks to have a skinful and still drive?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

2 outliers who are just over a mile apart outside the village - with drivers organised. In the village 400 meters between the remaining 4 houses
  • tlw1

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Isn't it traditional out in the boondocks to have a skinful and still drive?
    It is rather like that 🙄
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    edited December 2022
    tlw1 said:

When I was young my parents would do that with the other parents in our street for New Years. Except the "food" was crisps, nuts and cheese with pickled onions on toothpicks.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

What about the children!? Did anyone think of the children!?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Managed a slowish start before the EPO started fretting about tidying the house before people turn up tonight and make a mess.
    Rather moist out, Wobbled to the shops which confirmed it's better to stay in.
    Happy new year everyone
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Up at the crack of dawn (or just before) due to an inability to sleep. Boys were taken for haircuts, dog has been walked, record player has been liberated in preparation for being put in its new position (where I can actually use it), and now I’m marking mock exam papers. In-laws will be round later. New bike jersey ordered along with a small piece of wood to make some nice truss rod covers for my guitars.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

2 outliers who are just over a mile apart outside the village - with drivers organised. In the village 400 meters between the remaining 4 houses
    Sounds like a plan, make sure you don't get lost towards the end of the evening :)
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

They could make themselves useful by putting out the food and washing the dishes?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

They could make themselves useful by putting out the food and washing the dishes?
    We have very different children.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Non-starter for me as mine is out clubbing somewhere in SE London tonight.
  • Stevo_666
    Just demolished the Luxembourg fizzy plonk. Mrs. 666 has bought herself some beauty products for her birthday, not sure what to make of this one...

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Eek! ^
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666 said:

Just demolished the Luxembourg fizzy plonk. Mrs. 666 has bought herself some beauty products for her birthday, not sure what to make of this one...

Depends whether she's also been shopping at Madame Lash's Fetish Emporium or not.

I've often thought marketing people in the cosmetics game have a contest to see who can put the most ludicrous drivel on their products and still get people to buy it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Depends whether she's also been shopping at Madame Lash's Fetish Emporium or not.

I've often thought marketing people in the cosmetics game have a contest to see who can put the most ludicrous drivel on their products and still get people to buy it.

Looks like the product manager for this one won. Says on the product description 'smooth - tight - fast absorbing'.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

We had kids at the start of the night doing cocktails and then around ours at the end doing music and drinks.

There will be a cost, just unsure when and how much