'ning

rain, more rain, with rain on the way after the rain

cafe splosh, mince pie, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Looks great outside 🙄

Running to get my mileage a round number for the year, then a few jobs and suddenly it’s kids day - where is and another couples will spoil the kids so they don’t complain when they are abandoned tomorrow night
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Gobbledegooks

As SG said. Holy mother of god it's fcuking gopping. Beans is not happy. He's acting strange. It's definitely cabin fever. He stood on his hind legs and looked into the toilet whilst I was piddling into it!
    Got very early call from good tenant. Boiler is leaking and it's tripping the switches. Lovely, brilliant, marvellous.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Weather a bit better today. Still full of cold,so staying indoors I think.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    In the amber warning zone here, been chucking it down for hours and the roads are getting like well watery man, according to photos posting on the soshuls. My do-nothing day will be just that.

I'm intrigued by why people choose to leave their vehicles parked in imminent flood areas, ignoring requests to get them moved. Whitesands in Dumfries is an example, right on the river bank. No doubt the vidayoes will emerge laterz.
  • Slow-ish start for no obvious reason. Some residual issues from rock-shifting work yesterday though, a few very sore "muscles".

Fired up the GBFO mower to deal with the unruly stuff. Headed out for lunch/shopping/stuff which took a lot more time than it should have.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Good lie in had. Decided to stock up on supplies for next week. Now waiting for the 'orrible weather to clear off before walking the hounds: hope the forecast is right.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    The ran has stopped. For now at least. There are some pretty impressive floods all around. Not a day to be going anywhere. Oh, ok then.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Girl has been delivered back to Brighton, bit of traffic on the A23 as some plum had parked his car in the shrubbery at the side of a perfectly straight stretch of dual carriageway.
    Good day to be out of the house as the EPO was tidying in anticipation of guests tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666

Girl has been delivered back to Brighton, bit of traffic on the A23 as some plum had parked his car in the shrubbery at the side of a perfectly straight stretch of dual carriageway.
    Good day to be out of the house as the EPO was tidying in anticipation of guests tomorrow.

That's an early return to uni. Ours is sticking around for another 2 weeks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

VN68 jnr Ø is probably going out with friends to party party party. It's Brighton after all. A good night out can be had in Brighton.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

VN68 jnr Ø is probably going out with friends to party party party. It's Brighton after all. A good night out can be had in Brighton.
    I remember - had my stag do in Brighton.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No, she's nothing like me and the lad. She's got exams starting next week and wants to prepare for them. Will do something for new year I'm sure, but she hardly drinks at all.
  • Stevo_666

No, she's nothing like me and the lad. She's got exams starting next week and wants to prepare for them. Will do something for new year I'm sure, but she hardly drinks at all.

Fair play to her. Junior here is staying at home to study for exams as well and she doesn't have any face to face stuff until second half of January (also easier when the catering and laundry division is in support).