'ning

looks like it'll be brighter but nippier

ride off a mince pie or two, cafes and laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Looks nippy out but clear and bright. Should go out and make the most of it before the weather turns.

Just saw a Skoda advert with Matt Stephens, trying to sell the car based on it's cycling pedigree which seemed a bit strange.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Meh. Woke up to the living room floor covered in Sparrow feathers. Thank you very much Beans.

It's clear, chilly and windy but not on the US scale of chilly and windy. D'ya think the silly b4stards will now start saying 'that there's proof that there ain't no global warmin''?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

D'ya think the silly b4stards will now start saying 'that there's proof that there ain't no global warmin''?

I think they'd be better off just calling it climate change.

I know it's caused by global warming, but the warming bit suggests it only causes hot weather.

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Meh. Woke up to the living room floor covered in Sparrow feathers. Thank you very much Beans.

Partridges and pear trees are probably a bit hard to come by up your way so he got you the next best thing.
    Expect a pair of doves tomorrow and 3 hens the day after :smiley:

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Day 5 expect a heist.

I can see blue sky. 😎 Positive change from yesterday's grunge. Still feeling weak as bleep. Think I'll try a short turbo sesh in a bit, see what happens. There has to be an end to this lurgie spell, shirley?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear seano, happy birthday to me 🥳🥳🥳

Recovering from a day of excess, still childless so will try to persuade Mrs seano into some more debauchery as it’s my birthday.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Survived yesterday pretty well. Spent a bit of this morning retrieving junior hound who decided to go on Safari after finding a hole the foxes had made under the fence. Will walk the dogs soon, then it's a trip for supplies as we have in laws descending tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hsppy birthday S!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thisisshit. can't wait to get sent away.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Lad was up early to join girlfriend at her grandparents in the midlands. Going to spend the day pottering, might go for a walk and visit my aunt and uncle whilst checking on the old dear's gaff.
    Happy birthday Seano, good luck getting your birthday treat
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    seanoconn said:

Morning all. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear seano, happy birthday to me 🥳🥳🥳

Recovering from a day of excess, still childless so will try to persuade Mrs seano into some more debauchery as it’s my birthday.

Happy birthday Seano. Hopefully Seano Claus will be going to town :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday seano!

Walked hounds / nice run in the hills

Pig based breakfast, now a walk and a few pints before going to a bbq (65 of us so should be fun)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

HBDTY
    STAS
    BABITG
    HBDTY. :smile:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

seanoconn said:

HBDTY
    STAS
    BABITG
    HBDTY
    . :smile:

Haven't heard that one in a while :D

Happy birthday seano MHR

Had a bit of a tidy at the allotment this morning. Enjoying a hot cuppa now out of that cold wind. Then it'll be a pedal to some of my locals to say the words and enjoy the ale ;)

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Happy Birthday seano! Been to Argos and Tesco in Minehead. Unpacked that lot. About to stuff all the cardboard in the car ready for a tip trip. Brother and mother etc arriving shortlyish.
  • thistle_
    Went out for a walk, found a new coffee shop on the way back so totally worth it.
    Cold in the wind on the tops, too hot back down at base camp.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Happy debaucheryday.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Happy b-day Shaun the C. Just watched on iPlayer your documentary from Christmas Eve, you had a busy time on Mossy Bottom farm 😳

A small uptick day: for the first time in 2 weeks managed some exercise, a (albeit short) turbo sesh. This lurg is on its way. Get tae ye wee bam.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Evening all. Happy Birthday Seano. Hope you got extra prezzies.
    Lurge Diary: Day 3761 - there seems infinitesimally small marginal improvements. Fam out visiting other fam. Home alone. On sofa with paracetamol, brandy and wartime films. Bliss.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.