saturday is humming quietly

'ning

nippy, but dry at last

ride, cafes, mince pie, laze, leave port out for santa
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Aye, dry. I'll dust off the bicycle later. Mrs B³ and mini are off to see one of her friends, the boy is off to work, then off to his dad's for the first time in months and months. A little preparation for tomorrow's lunch. Pick up last pressie. Wrap it. Go get wine. Take dog out for a scamper. Hopefully settle in with a glass of bubbly in front of the carols. Takeaway curry from the place at the end of the road for dinner, minimising Christmas hassle.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds then run (maximise my mileage), get wife’s present and some wine, pub and then party at friends
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Looks like it will be a nice morning but taking it easy on account of having lurgy like oxoman's :disappointed:

Might go into town to lol at the last minute Christmas shoppers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Gym yesterday so my core is feeling... well, i'm feeling it.
    Now sipping a large coffee.

Might have to head into the hoards for some stuff requested by Mrs P.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Going to sort some things around the house before going to the pub with the family. Might pop over to Wombledon to check on the old dear's place.
    Avoiding anything to do with shoes and the hordes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

'ning

nippy, but dry at last

sungod said:

'ning

nippy, but dry at last

I bought two bottles of port for Santa but they’ve mysteriously disappeared.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

nippy, but dry at last

sungod said:

'ning

nippy, but dry at last

I bought two bottles of port for Santa but they’ve mysteriously disappeared.
    https://youtu.be/VAkz3oOf0R4

Warning: some naughty words involved :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Mince pies consumed for brekkie. Making sausage rolls for lunch and out to a local German restaurant (Mrs seano not cooking the traditional 12 dishes for Xmas eve this year) for dinner which should have a nice Christmassy ambience. Present opening today, as is the tradition in Europe.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    Usual lie in, done a few weights down in the cave. Now time walkthe hounds, do a few last jobs and then try to stay out of the way later as Mrs. 666's stress levels start to rise over stuff that doesn't need stressing about. At least Miss Ukraine is out the way for most of the next couple of days as the hotel realised Ukrainians haven't figured that working over Xmas usually entails getting paid extra.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Present opening today, as is the tradition in Europe.

Yeah this ^.
    Experienced this in Sweden and Christmas day was a buffet.
    Seems liked a good idea to spread the chaos.

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Present opening today, as is the tradition in Europe.

Yeah this ^.
    Experienced this in Sweden and Christmas day was a buffet.
    Seems liked a good idea to spread the chaos.

Finland too. We were there one winter when I was about 9. It snowed buckets, so there was sledging. Father Christmas pitches up about 6 on Xmas eve with a sack with all the kids' presents in. Then a big dinner. Best Christmas ever. Nothing has ever come close to that. Ruined it for me really. :smile:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    I worked on a project for a year in Amsterdam so got the full Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet experience.... in bars various through December. (There's prob someone on this forum able to correct my spelling).

Still feeling keech; e.g. went to pull back in the emptied wheelie bin, started wheezing. Ffs, this lurg is a 'kin pain in... well lots really. Bah repeat, humbug repeat.
  • ^^ Used to be the family thing here too when I was a kid, dunno why. These days, we struggle to make much of a fuss beyond a nice brunch and a lazy day.

Finished first attempt at rattle-fix yesterday which... didn't. There's a small improvement, but still lotsa knockin' goin' on. More work needed.

Summer weather forecast to arrive finally. Yay!

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    Not one for sticking to Christmas traditions, I say open your pressies whenever you want, nobody else will know or care. Personally I can wait till tomorrow for my new socks...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Looks like it will be a nice morning but taking it easy on account of having lurgy like oxoman's :disappointed:

Might go into town to lol at the last minute Christmas shoppers.

Get well soon Mr T. You could always spread the festive lurgy (cheer).
    Thanks.
    Funnily enough been for a wander up the local mountain and still full of snot but feel much better.
    Some guy with a radio was on one of the hills near pinno and apparently there's line of sight between here and there, but didn't manage to get through to him.

Need to go out shopping in a bit, but only for diesel for the car.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Not one for sticking to Christmas traditions, I say open your pressies whenever you want, nobody else will know or care. Personally I can wait till tomorrow for my new socks...

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Bahfucksinghumbuggery! This lurge has left me bedridden and less Christmassy than the Grinch's most miserable 2nd cousin once removed.
    At least the rest of the family is ok. Trouble is they are all rubbish at cooking. Bah!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    edited December 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Depends how many you have...I've got tons already. A good bottle of something will do me fine.

• beansnikpoh
    Went and had the cars done inside and out. Mrs B³ is in her customary fcuking stinking mood.

More or less everything done. Bubbly chilling.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    The build up to Christmas brings out the inner stressbag in most other halves it seems. Its not like we've even got anyone coming round tomorrow - just the three of us and couple of dogs (Miss Ukraine can have turkey leftovers when she gets back from her shift).
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

this. essentially its all bolloxanyway, so get up when you want so long as its not silly o'clock, open tat when you want.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    Pinno's tricky quiz over in Cake Stop for benefit of the people who are sensible and rarely/never go there.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Pinno's tricky quiz over in Cake Stop for benefit of the people who are sensible and rarely/never go there.

I looked and IHGAFC.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Saturday is not humming. It's been raining, it's been blowing and recently been some lightning flashes. All ver' seasonal.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I looked and IHGAFC.
    I haven't looked because IHGAFC
  • Finally got the caad tarted up and took it out for my traditional Xmas eve 100km ride. Forgot to stick the rear light on, fortunately mate lives near the coffee shop so popped in to his to cadge a spare and then grab a coffee and cake from over the road.

Treated myself to an xmas present of a new turntable (other half doesn't 'do' gifts 😂). Currently listening to Marvin Gaye whilst eating the Ferrero Rocher given to us by next door.
  • pinno

Best Christmas ever. Nothing has ever come close to that. Ruined it for me really. :smile:

Spent 2 Christmases in Sweden and Christmas day was spent eating and toasting whoever or some significant event with stone cold Vodka in a stone cold shot glass.
    By the end of the day on the last one, we were toasting our left toe or the dog or a long lost cat.
    Didn't mix once, stuck to Absolut only and with the food and Vodka combined, no hangover.

Brilliant. -18 to -22 and snow but the snow at that temp. is no longer soft, it's crystalline and crunchy underfoot.
    Loved the lights, and outdoor candles, lamps etc. Despite getting dark much earlier, it was always far brighter than grey old blighty.

• beansnikpoh
    sungod said:
    Yop. He and they were a big thing in the late 90's.

Greasy insomnia...tearin' off tights with my teeth.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Best Christmas ever. Nothing has ever come close to that. Ruined it for me really. :smile:

Spent 2 Christmases in Sweden and Christmas day was spent eating and toasting whoever or some significant event with stone cold Vodka in a stone cold shot glass.
    By the end of the day on the last one, we were toasting our left toe or the dog or a long lost cat.
    Didn't mix once, stuck to Absolut only and with the food and Vodka combined, no hangover.

Brilliant. -18 to -22 and snow but the snow at that temp. is no longer soft, it's crystalline and crunchy underfoot.
    Loved the lights, and outdoor candles, lamps etc. Despite getting dark much earlier, it was always far brighter than grey old blighty.

We were in Levi, north of the Arctic circle. Maybe 10 years ago. -30. Your breath freezes to crystals in the air and the snow is as you describe. It's lovely.

So is cold vodka.