friday goes pop

'ning

deluge forecast, on the plus side it may flush the saline effluvium from the roads

cafe strolls, procure pineapples, nibbles and bubbly, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Listening to the deluge. Static bike. Last bits of Christmas nonsense, food delivery etc. Start to pack ready for boxing day decampment to the country.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    FFS - have to write my own boring update today 🙄

Hounds walked trying to wake up after a very late night.

Last day at work thankfully. Later is either a run or a swim followed by pub
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Morning misguided missiles

Dark, not a lot of wind. Might do outdoor, real, actual pedalling on two wheels - on a bicycle.
    All sorted for Christmas so there's nothing else to do bar wrapping up some stuff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    dark and belting down out there, but not cold

strolls strolled, pineapple procured, coffees swigged, given alcoholic pressie by cafe lady, will have to return with bubbly next week

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bloody hell it's wet out there, was going to wobble in wearing jeans so I could go straight to the pub for a couple after work. Wet jeans are not fun and it really did look very wet so I wimped out and took the car, I think that was the right decision. The puddles in the gutters were big enough to meet in the middle of the road at some points. I'll have one drink near work with my colleagues before heading home and meeting the lad for another and some beer fuelled panic Christmas shopping
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Morning folks. Was most miserable earlier but now bright and sunny, very much unlike myself. Whatever that flu jab was it clearly missed the mark by a country mile. Probably 3ml of plain water.
    More meds, a shot of brandy and a 1/4 tab of zopiclone makes being bed bound just about bearable. Feck and Arses.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Afternoon. Lie in again, do a spot of work to get a last minute acquisition over the line (even thoughbIm on hols) and then chill. Now in town enjoying a coffee and a sausage roll.

Garage door managed to give up the ghost as well - cable bust. Managed to manhandle it back into place but tradesbloke not around till next Weds. Luckily there's nothing in there we need for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Holy f.uck I hate shops this time of year, hate with a passion. Been to three different supermarkets today to please everyone, hell on earth.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Holy f.uck I hate shops this time of year, hate with a passion. Been to three different supermarkets today to please everyone, hell on earth.

Yeah, innit? I thought Christmas was peace on earth, goodwill toward men. It fucksing well isn't!! Look at any Sainsburys/Asda/Tesco queue. Absolute nightmare. Glad I went last night in my comatose zombie state. There was a 'coughing woman' that really got on my tits. Coughed right back at her. Stupid cow.

• seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Yeah, innit? I thought Christmas was peace on earth, goodwill toward men. It fucksing well isn't!! Look at any Sainsburys/Asda/Tesco queue. Absolute nightmare. Glad I went last night in my comatose zombie state. There was a 'coughing woman' that really got on my tits. Coughed right back at her. Stupid cow.
    Exactly, stupid cow. So many stupid people getting in our tits. Would just take one to push me over the edge into murder spree. Apart from the German lady who held the door open for me with my bags of shopping, she was too nice to murder.
  • beansnikpoh
    Delivery or get up at "pensioner with a dodgy bladder" o'clock. Went to Plough Lane Lidl for some bits and pieces missed off the delivery at 7 a.m. opening time yesterday. More or less empty.

Goodwill to all men. :)
  • seanoconn

Delivery or get up at "pensioner with a dodgy bladder" o'clock. Went to Plough Lane Lidl for some bits and pieces missed off the delivery at 7 a.m. opening time yesterday. More or less empty.

Had to struggle past your tank earlier on the way to get No1 son.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Soz. Hope you weren't on a bike, it was quite deep under the bridge this morning. All the drains are blocked with bits of lorry roof.

Did he enjoy the panto the other day?
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Soz. Hope you weren't on a bike, it was quite deep under the bridge this morning. All the drains are blocked with bits of lorry roof.

He said it was ok, a bit too romantic and girly 🤷‍♂️
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

He said it was ok, a bit too romantic and girly 🤷‍♂️
    Good, that'll make him squirm.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

Never mind that, don't you look at any new posts?
    Humph.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Another day (#9) of moping about feeling sorry for myself. The snots are gradually reducing but the grots still making their presence felt. And it's started pixxing it down here as well, probs not so monsoonal as reported from da saff. Bring on the springtime perlease.

That's 10 days sans exercise with added mince pies, what on earth could be the result? Again, bah and humbug.

(In my parents young days, Christmas day wasn't a public holiday / commercial frenzy, just a normal working day, New Year's Day was the big one. Perhaps time to reprise?)
  • photonic69
    orraloon said:

That's 10 days sans exercise with added mince pies, what on earth could be the result? Again, bah and humbug.

You and me both. The holes in my belt don't lie.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited December 2022
    pinno said:

<

Humph.

Oh no, he doesn't...
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

One was bad enough yesterday. Even went in the morning to avoid what I thought would be the worst of it but was clearly not early enough. Anyhow, all stocked up now so can start making inroads into the supplies :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

One was bad enough yesterday. Even went in the morning to avoid what I thought would be the worst of it but was clearly not early enough. Anyhow, all stocked up now so can start making inroads into the supplies :)
    Snowed in, zombie invasion, we’re all set. Inroads are being made.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Humph.
    I dunno. What did I miss? Was it the Japanese man? I "liked" that yesterday.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Only wine to buy here. There's a nice shop by Wimbledon Park tube. One last present to pick up and wrap tomorrow. Everything else is done, wrapped and under the tree. Fridge and freezer full.

Contract signed and returned. Resignation email sent.
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Only wine to buy here. There's a nice shop by Wimbledon Park tube. One last present to pick up and wrap tomorrow. Everything else is done, wrapped and under the tree. Fridge and freezer full.

Nice one and nice Christmas pressie for your boss. What's your notice period out of interest?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Tramp fuel aperitif on the go here :)

Miss Ukraine has told us she's going to Geneva with her mate over New Year. Clears the decks for junior to have her mates round for a NYE party.
  • pinno

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Humph.
    I dunno. What did I miss? Was it the Japanese man? I "liked" that yesterday.
    Oh good. I'll let you off.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Well done.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Nice one and nice Christmas pressie for your boss. What's your notice period out of interest?
    12 weeks, I thought it was 3 months, but that'll give me a few days in between finishing and starting. I'll finish on 17th March and start on 24th. I'm cycling in Tenerife 16th to 21st, so that's good timing!
  • pinno
    Yeah the hoards.
    Me and Mrs P have done all our shopping and Mrs P popped into Morrison's for a bag of Rooster potatoes and milk. This was at 9.10am and the place was heaving.
    There's only 2 butchers in the town and there was a queue outside before 9am.
    Madness I tell ya, madness.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

12 weeks, I thought it was 3 months, but that'll give me a few days in between finishing and starting. I'll finish on 17th March and start on 24th. I'm cycling in Tenerife 16th to 21st, so that's good timing!
    Is not 12 weeks 3 months. Maybe you are talking in accountant code.