thursday determining a new limit on the dipole moment of a relativistic pineapple

'ning

getting nippier

santa run, cafes, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Yo dudes! Morning ya'll. Waking up in a pool of cold sweat and dilerium. Interesting as I seem to wake up in a new room every time. Soon reverts back to our bedroom. Should I be worried?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Yo dudes! Morning ya'll. Waking up in a pool of cold sweat and dilerium. Interesting as I seem to wake up in a new room every time. Soon reverts back to our bedroom. Should I be worried?

Weren’t you dying a couple of weeks ago? Dragging it out a bit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Walked the hounds. Work snizzle then off to the pub with the current wife for some fun with friends.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

Walked the hounds. Work snizzle then off to the pub with the current wife for some fun with friends.

Close - dropping the current wife off in town so she can go out with friends and I’m going running 😂
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Close - dropping the current wife off in town so she can go out with friends and I’m going running 😂
    FFS, I was was off. Just when you think someone is getting too predictable they throw a spanner in the works and go for a run 😕
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning pithecanthropuses!

Bit dull here this day the first longer day than the day before since June 21.
    Might have new farmer next door - there's loads of sheep in the field. The other farmer was 95% dairy. Beans is fascinated. Can't get him in.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You're on form @seanoconn.
    Is this just a fleeting glimpse pf the old Seano or is this back to glory time... or is this 'cos wifey has her monthly agricultural problem and there's no bonky bonky for you?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Weren’t you dying a couple of weeks ago? Dragging it out a bit.
    Haha! Seems like it! Bad back a few weeks ago and on high flying meds. Two week respite and now the lurge from hell. Not having much luck this year. Being immunocompromised doesn't help. Bollckss.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

Is this just a fleeting glimpse pf the old Seano or is this back to glory time... or is this 'cos wifey has her monthly agricultural problem and there's no bonky bonky for you?

That was last weekend. Friday evening.

Me: “Why is No2 son using my charger again?”

Wifey: “What’s your problem!? Why are you being an @rsehole!?”

Me: “I’m not being an @rsehole. He can’t just help himself to anything and then not put it back where he found it as usual.”

Wifey: “I said he could use it, he was going to put it back* why are you in a mood, stop being an @rsehole!”

Me: “Errr…. Are you on your period?”

Wifey: “Don’t be so bloody sexist!”

Saturday morning.

Wifey: “I am on my period, I’m so sorry, please forgive me?” Pouty lips, puppy dog eyes.

*He never puts anything back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Weather's damp and dull which isn't as forecast so not sure what to do today. But forecast is wet wet for tomorrow so should do something outdoors to make the most of it.
    This lurgy doesn't seem to be covid and is just a cold. I'll just sit in the naughty corner at the gym later to avoid spreding it around and hope none of the ladies have brought mistletoe in.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    'kin lurgies. This is now day #8 of feeling weak as shite. No chance of turbo sesh let alone gym 'n' swim. Eff it. Not happy.

Uptick though: after weeks and weeks of waiting, busy busy, finally Mr Sparky booked to come in and link things up. This guy is working between Christmas and New Year, fine with me.

Today's boring task is the big spreadsheet to demo to administratively useless SO Energy how to calculate bills correctly. E.g Start by using the correct tariff for the period in question. And take from there. Does appear that 4 months after installation they've worked out how to take a smart meter reading.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Me: “I’m not being an @rsehole. He can’t just help himself to anything and then not put it back where he found it as usual.”

Wifey: “I said he could use it, he was going to put it back* why are you in a mood, stop being an @rsehole!”

Saturday morning.

Wifey: “I am on my period, I’m so sorry, please forgive me?” Pouty lips, puppy dog eyes.

I'll skip the joke about the Taliban being easier to negotiate with...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Morning folks,

Mega lie in had. Strifey was good enough to get up and let the sparky in to do a few jobs. Now planning the order of the day, which will involve a bike ride at some point. In the meantime meantime a spot of coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

Crikey - you're a braver man than me.

Landed a new job today. Well, I say today - I had the 6th (!) and final interview yesterday, and got the call this morning that an offer would be on its way this afternoon.

Same job, but this time I should be top of the tree in that there'll be no head office to report to, as I will be head office. The company provides airport lounges and lounge access, loyalty programmes and has an insurer on the side. A big private company, which will be a change.
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

Landed a new job today. Well, I say today - I had the 6th (!) and final interview yesterday, and got the call this morning that an offer would be on its way this afternoon.

Same job, but this time I should be top of the tree in that there'll be no head office to report to, as I will be head office. The company provides airport lounges and lounge access, loyalty programmes and has an insurer on the side. A big private company, which will be a change.
    Very interesting B3 and well done on bagging an offer (and not having the Vogon like bureaucracy of a Japanese head office to deal with). I guess that wasn't for you in the end?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice dealing with tedium, looking forward to a break.
    Many congratulations B³, did this company have a picture of tall gentleman with pointy shoes and a shiny bike in the foyer as their most favoured customer?
    Not many people in today, will be even quieter tomorrow I suspect. But I will be knocking of at lunchtime to get to a hostelry, just not too close to here.
    EPO is out tonight and has volunteered me to drive her, I suppose I should spend the time with her out the house constructively and wrap her presents. Just need to buy them first.
  • beansnikpoh
    Ta, it was the culture and bureaucracy that did it in the end, quite frustrating. I think we're much more Japanese than your place. I learned a lot, but could never quite get with the culture.
  • Stevo_666

Ta, it was the culture and bureaucracy that did it in the end, quite frustrating. I think we're much more Japanese than your place. I learned a lot, but could never quite get with the culture.

I guessed as much. It takes a certain sort to put up with it. I think mine is European enough to avoid me saying sod it - otherwise I wouldn't have passed the 10 year mark recently.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

I guessed as much. It takes a certain sort to put up with it. I think mine is European enough to avoid me saying sod it - otherwise I wouldn't have passed the 10 year mark recently.
    European? You Macron loving, leftiebollox remainer you. 😊
    Nice wee festive pressie there beans3.
    I'm so bored working out just how stupid energy admin people can be. Line by line, the spreadsheet grows.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

mega news - many, many congrats!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

hurrah!

the one beginning with c?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Well done dude! You must be really pleased
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

hurrah!

Excellent detective work!

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Saturday morning.

hurrah!

Excellent detective work!

tbh no detective work needed with that description, they're pretty well known, often used their pp to get into lounges, maybe since the 80s, very handy when not on a carrier with local lounge access
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm so bored working out just how stupid energy admin people can be. Line by line, the spreadsheet grows.
    Don't know if you ever worked for one but the differences between various European corporate cultures pale into insignificance next to the Japanese. It's quite bizarre.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't know if you ever worked for one but the differences between various European corporate cultures pale into insignificance next to the Japanese. It's quite bizarre.
    Nope, no experience of things Japanese. My corporate hamster days were with Europeans various - Scandi, Dutch, Swiss, Italian, Spanish et al, and of course those leftpondian weirdos. Sounds like I didn't miss much.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

My cousin worked at the Honda head office in Italy, said the combination of Japanese and Italians was hilarious
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

My cousin worked at the Honda head office in Italy, said the combination of Japanese and Italians was hilarious
    I can well imagine.

We tried sending an Italian to run our Swedish operation - didn't work too well.
  • photonic69
    The Hell of pre-Christmas Sainsburys now endured. Luckily I went with the wifey who drove as I'm totes spaced out on lurge and meds. Just about made it bearable as I felt quite removed from the whole experience. All done for the next week now thank god.
    Medical brandy. Paracetamol. Bed.

• Congratulations @beansnikpoh

New gig a WFH or luxo lounge office with full amenities, including the bar? 🙂

Greetings All, been busy-ish. Finished the polish job (well, for now anyway), spent two days removing the tatty window tint film and glue, and got the registration transferred after roadworthy inspection passed. At least I can relax that it’s now road legal here.

Now on to fixing the stuff that needs doing. First up, mystery rattly knocking noise in front. Then the hunt for parts begins…

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS