wednesday as the solsticial pineapple rises over the monolith

'ning

looks like soggy roads again

cafe strolls, mince pie, laze etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Great flat-footed grizzly bears it's the 21st!
    ...and it's dark (funny dat) and it's windy (not so funny dat).

Will see welder bloke today.
    Might gym it (yeah, honest - Abs, sauna innit).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited December 2022
    pinno said:

Great flat-footed grizzly bears it's the 21st!
    ...and it's dark (funny dat)

Not exactly bright down in the valleys, probably because it's also raining.
    Forecast says it's going to brighten up in the next hour, if not I'm just going back home.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start after a big night out - ended up schooling eldests mates on drinking with a pal - he ended up staying here so I think it must have been fun.

Work snizzle and then a run (obviously)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Shortest day today so it all gets lighter and brighter from here on...apparently. Need to do a spot of work today unfortunately. Managed to get shot of Miss Ukraine's unused bike on Freecycle, someone from just down the road is coming round to collect in a bit.

Got a ride in yesterday just before it got dark so feeling better for that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    So what's the final score with Miss U?

Last thing was she was heading away to see someone at home,?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

So what's the final score with Miss U?

Last thing was she was heading away to see someone at home,?

Still here, still doing a bit of work at the local botel but wouldn't ride the bike as it would mess up her hair. Mostly sitting on her arris in her room with the heating on too high.

Mrs. 666 is fed up with her so she's moving on end of March. Didn't help herself when she said she was going a 3 week holiday in Feb - to Ukraine... One of her mates is dropping a sprog and she's the Godmother. Kinda spoils the image that she's a refugee fleeing a dangerous situation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Friend works as a housekeeper on the family estate of a rich corporate. Their Ukrainian family inc young children stayed only for a few months before returning to Ukraine with their kids. No idea how they now are. Is a warzone better than toryworld?

Zero enthusiasm for these 'festive' times. This cold bug still lingering on is not helping. Might actually venture outside today. Bah and humbug. Where's all my black kit?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Arsebiscuits! NWFAW. Developed some kinda lurgy from hell. High temp and banging headache. Not covid. I blame the office girl I was snogging on Friday. Bollockss. Hope it goes soon.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Friend works as a housekeeper on the family estate of a rich corporate. Their Ukrainian family inc young children stayed only for a few months before returning to Ukraine with their kids. No idea how they now are. Is a warzone better than toryworld?

Zero enthusiasm for these 'festive' times. This cold bug still lingering on is not helping. Might actually venture outside today. Bah and humbug. Where's all my black kit?

I hear that some kind Ukrainian families are willing to take in Scottish refugees ;)
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wfh. Though popped up to the village to get Xmas beef. A whopping 4 ribs of 60 day aged deliciousness.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Morning. Arsebiscuits!

That's a new one.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Morning. Arsebiscuits!

That's a new one.

Call yourself a Father Ted fan?

• photonic69
    Oh Well. Toast and honey and back to bed with some prescription narcotics to float the afternoon away listening to podcasts. Nice.

• photonic69
    Seems like Terry Hall died of pancreatic cancer. Really not nice.
    I was mis-diagnosed with the same in 2019. It was a matter of when not if. I was extremely fortunate to recover from autoimmune pancreatitis. If you ever feel not right or unwell always get seen by a doctor. It just might save you..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64050002

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Listened to a just released retro episode RHLSTP podcast with Terry Hall, it's good. And it's sad.

The wind doth blow and we I shall get bloomin' cold. But got my delivered-at-last after 12 days sitting in the 'local' (not really) Yodel depot bare root fruit plants in da ground. It is the dormant season so 🤞 they make it into full sweet and sourness production.

But that was an hour outdoors. Progress.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, not many people about, but I'm busier than a one armed juggler with crabs. Beautiful assistant is off until the new year now so I'm sulking. Probably jsut as well there aren't many people in the office as I was out for beer and curry last night and have just had lunch in the cafe.

I blame the office girl I was snogging on Friday.

We need to know more about this, can we have a thread like this one please
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/12765242/the-receptionist
    I was late for a meeting yesterday as I was distracted helping an exceptionally easy on the eye young lady with her bike. I should probably get on with some work.
  • veronese68

Woke up in the early hours with the song Rat Race in my head, combination of the conversation about Terry Hall in the pub and thinking about work chaos and my subconscious mind put two and two together.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520

Woke up in the early hours with the song Rat Race in my head, combination of the conversation about Terry Hall in the pub and thinking about work chaos and my subconscious mind put two and two together.
    I've had my favourites A Message to you Rudy, Too much too young, Monkey Man and Gangsters playing on and off since the news about Terry Hall - annoying the hell out of the rest of the household - philistines.

Being a Cov lad, I was a big fan, despite only being a v small nipper at Primary school in one of the grottier parts of the city. I always wanted a harrington with The Specials or The Selecter picked out on the back, but it was never to be. I think Jerry Dammers is an old boy of the school I went to.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning. Arsebiscuits! NWFAW. Developed some kinda lurgy from hell. High temp and banging headache. Not covid. I blame the office girl I was snogging on Friday. Bollockss. Hope it goes soon.

I've caught some lurgy from South Wales but I wasn't snogging any girls, boys or sheep.
    Strangely, going back out all day in the cold seems to have made it a bit better.

Drove past chez @MattFalle on the way back. Seems like the locals have made him a saint and named the church and village after him:
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/WXa4kD7toJqdvNZT8
  • Stevo_666
    Taken far too early - some of those songs are part of my formative years. Reinforces my determination to 'see 'em before they die' - as demonstrated by seeing The Buzzcocks play in late 2017...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

Taken far too early - some of those songs are part of my formative years. Reinforces my determination to 'see 'em before they die' - as demonstrated by seeing The Buzzcocks play in late 2017...

2017 fu(k me where you in 1977 when they were part of something.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

I was making the move from primary school to secondary school :) So missed out first time.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

I was making the move from primary school to secondary school :) So missed out first time.
    It’s no wonder Rick has so many supporters on here with you kids :D
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

I've caught some lurgy from South Wales but I wasn't snogging any girls, boys or sheep.
    Strangely, going back out all day in the cold seems to have made it a bit better.

Drove past chez @MattFalle on the way back. Seems like the locals have made him a saint and named the church and village after him:
    now that looks like a sweeeeeet crib - bet its full of beautiful women, proper ale, 'scratchins the size of your head ne'er a clubbie to be seen.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

I thought it was Llanddewi Brefi ?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Similarly I was too young to see a lot of the bands I liked as a teenager, but I've tried to make up for it. Never saw the Clash, but saw Joe Strummer live several times before he died. There are still some great gigs on, but there are lots of overpriced stadium ones that I have no desire to go to. I'd rather see a good pub band. Used to regularly watch a pub band tound here that had one of Manfred Mann in, absolutely brilliant.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    thistle_ said:

There’s a church called Mother F@cker?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

There’s a church called Mother F@cker?
    Blessed are the Meek
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Similarly I was too young to see a lot of the bands I liked as a teenager, but I've tried to make up for it. Never saw the Clash, but saw Joe Strummer live several times before he died. There are still some great gigs on, but there are lots of overpriced stadium ones that I have no desire to go to. I'd rather see a good pub band. Used to regularly watch a pub band tound here that had one of Manfred Mann in, absolutely brilliant.
    Likewise. Never been to a stadium gig!

Might have to be tribute acts for the ones that are dead. That said, went to a triple tribute act at the 100 Club a few years back - tributes to Ramones, Pistols and Clash for £13. Great night.