sunday with the dgse planting covert pineapples

'ning

last of the freezing starts for a few days at least

ride cafes and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Windy brr but less brr than yesterday's brr which was a bit less brr than Friday brr.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ..oh, and I dropped off the porker to welder bloke yesterday on account of him thawing out. Wahey!
    Mind you, his mum is in her late 80's, still tends sheep, drives and is very active but she hasn't ever thawed.
    You don't want to get the wrong side of her.

They say that in the event of a nuclear holocaust, cockroaches and scorpions will be the only things to survive - nope, they are wrong - it would be cockroaches, scorpions and welder bloke's mother.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Day #5 of the lurgie, still feeling #shite. Frustrating as, this is. And just had a message from #1 daughter that she's tested +ve for that C-word thing that used to rule the world, back in Spaffer-time. That could well knock festive season plans awry.

Double erse. Happy days.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    with the slightly less freezing start came gloomygrey skies, and some hard stuff falling from them that really hurts as it hits one in the face, still an ice sheet at summit of alpe d'holly lodge

roads coated in a slick of sticky black salt sludge from the gritting, much hosing down required

mince pie soon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Zwifted
    Zumba'd
    Breakfasted

Might go for a nap until this morning's snow melts away.

Road is flooded due to a water leak. Severn Trent have dug a big hole in the road and buggered off leaving water pouring down the road and turning it into a skating rink.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

extraordinarily grim out there. walked hound. not leaving house again until hound walk this arvo.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Sat in front of the fire doing some work.
    Dull dull sunday...
    Definately not riding at the moment, we've got a layer of frozen slush everywhere at the moment.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Slow start after a late finish - not done much so far. It's thawing out at a decent rate here as the rain starts and temp climbs into double figures. May brave a walk with the hounds and look for a gap on the rain tomorrow for a ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Cooking Christmas dinner today as we’ve managed to offload the kids for Christmas Day-Boxing. They’ll get their presents Christmas Eve so won’t be missing out.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start after party at friends, wife went to bed after me! But then she hadn’t been out all day doing beers and bikes around the local pubs, idiot mate didn’t hold his line while racing between pubs resulting in me face planting into a ditch - rather sore today.

Nice run just completed, pub soon, then pre party at friends followed by main party - think it must be Christmas ish
  • Party on a Sunday? You lot must be hardcore, or not overly worried about working on Monday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Party on a Sunday? You lot must be hardcore, or not overly worried about working on Monday.

Hardcore / a few of the wife are teachers so are already off
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Party on a Sunday? You lot must be hardcore, or not overly worried about working on Monday.

Joy of being a wage slave, better to have a hangover on company time 😂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks, busy day of doing bits and pieces, warmer now after a cold start. Sky has been leaking virtually all day though. Should wobble in tomorrow, forecast is for double figures, but moist.
  • Stevo_666
    The snow has magically disappeared this afternoon and it's now back to normal gopping wet mode. Fingers crossed there a break in the next few days as I could really do with a bit of pedalling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

The snow has magically disappeared this afternoon and it's now back to normal gopping wet mode. Fingers crossed there a break in the next few days as I could really do with a bit of pedalling.

You won’t melt if it rains.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You won’t melt if it rains.
    Just prefer to enjoy my time off rides when I've got a choice of when to go - but will ride in pretty much anything if I'm communting (apart from snow and ice).
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2022
    Evening. Lie in to lunchtime this morning, spent the afternoon emptying junior’s room so that I could treat a horribly mold-ridden corner. So that’s now all cleaned, the shelving unit that was covering it all up is in bits and in the car ready for an appointment at the tip tomorrow morning. Will pop up and wipe the vinegar solution off in about an hour. Poor lad - still, now he’ll get a new bedroom setup in the new year so not all bad.

Now, need to make plans for a visit to a really good bike shop in January 👍
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Been sitting on the tarmac for well over an hour in this third world sh1thole waiting for some ground staff to get off their @rses and get us off the aircraft. No doubt passport control will be just as evil.
  • Stevo_666
    Work tomorrow?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Work tomorrow?

Well, I'm 30 minutes from home once they pull their fingers out.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Been sitting on the tarmac for well over an hour in this third world sh1thole waiting for some ground staff to get off their @rses and get us off the aircraft. No doubt passport control will be just as evil.

Aren't ground handling staff on strike today?
  • beansnikpoh
    I thought it was baggage handlers, so made Mrs B³ pack a carry on. Could well have been ground handlers.