saturday as the universe expands exponentially

'ning

ride in the nippy, cafes, mince pie, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning black marketeers

Windy, chilly and grey. Most of the snow and ice is gone.
    Ride on the rollers for me. None of that hypothermia bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. OMFG! Hangover from hell. Works do got very very very messy last night. Beers, ciders, shots and cocktails. Rolled in at 1:30am. Man do I feel ill. :s

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning. OMFG! Hangover from hell. Works do got very very very messy last night. Beers, ciders, shots and cocktails. Rolled in at 1:30am. Man do I feel ill. :s

Hypocrit! I remember you complaining about your sim rolling in at a similar time and state 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607

Man do I feel ill. :s

Day 4 of the snots 'n' grots para mi. Though better night's sleep, only just awaken.

The pretty white stuff is all gone! (Best make that phone call).

Hopefully won't feel quite so rough today, and maybe actually do something. Festive spirit? Bah. And humbug.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning Peeps, first day of a 17 day break for me :) Slight panic when junior tried backing her car down the drive which had iced over and took a little detour off the tarmac - next time she might take my advice to park down the bottom of the drive...

Brekky and coffee time. Later is undecided.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Half a bottle of wine and a few shots of Vodka for me. Feeling fine. Had the sense to drink some milk before bed.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning Peeps, first day of a 17 day break for me :) Slight panic when junior tried backing her car down the drive which had iced over and took a little detour off the tarmac - next time she might take my advice to park down the bottom of the drive...

Take her to an empty car park and she can learn how to control a slide/temper the throttle. I did this in Sweden in the local ice hockey stadium car park with the then GF's father.
    Great fun and taught me a lot.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Take her to an empty car park and she can learn how to control a slide/temper the throttle. I did this in Sweden in the local ice hockey stadium car park with the then GF's father.
    Great fun and taught me a lot.
    Good idea, though looks like it's melting starting today. This one was down to gravity - it's about a 1 in 5 slope.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Going to get female offspring shortly, male one is due back tomorrow or Monday so we'll soon have a full house.
    Warming up a little today supposedly, still looking frosty out there though.
    Have a good day everyone
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ola

just walked hound. cold.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    seanoconn said:

Hypocrit! I remember you complaining about your sim rolling in at a similar time and state 😂
    Haha! True! I'm old enough to know better. He isn't. That said he rolled in at around 3.30am and is still in bed.
    Need some toast and honey with a half block of butter on it.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    brrr, nippy with the peri-solsticial sun low in the sky

usual road for hill repeats was iced up at the top, and at the summit of london, whitestone pond is frozen over, no sign of the ducks

mince pie time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • 10K run in the snow this morning followed by a soak in the hot tub. Now helping MrsHD with some work.
    Wrapping later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Museum. Garden of gethsemane, couple of churches. Mooch. Listen to noon call to prayer. Get caught in the rush. More mooching. Falafel. Nap. Might go and sit in the sun for a bit.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Supermarket visited. Dog destroyed best cycling shoes. Pissedmerightoff. Taking Thomas junior to a birthday party in a few minutes followed by taking the dog up the Heath for a walk as it won’t be horribly icy up there. Not that the ungrateful hound deserves it ☹️
  • Stevo_666

Museum. Garden of gethsemane, couple of churches. Mooch. Listen to noon call to prayer. Get caught in the rush. More mooching. Falafel. Nap. Might go and sit in the sun for a bit.

What's the temperature like out there B3?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

What's the temperature like out there B3?
    19/20 degrees, feels warmer in the sun. A bit chillier at night, but not cold.
  • seanoconn

How does the history balance with the tourism/volume of people? Do you get a chance to soak it in or is it all a bit overwhelming?
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

How does the history balance with the tourism/volume of people? Do you get a chance to soak it in or is it all a bit overwhelming?
    We visited the major sights in Jerusalem and Bethlehem yesterday with an organised tour, which was great. It seems we were really lucky, hardly any queues or crowds. You can wait up to 3-4 hours to get in to e.g. the grotto which is meant to be where Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but we walked straight in.

Walking the streets of the old town today, when everyone was off to noon prayers was brilliant. The old town is really atmospheric and beautiful.

I've really enjoyed it.
  • seanoconn

In-laws garden today
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

seanoconn said:

We visited the major sights in Jerusalem and Bethlehem yesterday with an organised tour, which was great. It seems we were really lucky, hardly any queues or crowds. You can wait up to 3-4 hours to get in to e.g. the grotto which is meant to be where Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but we walked straight in.

Walking the streets of the old town today, when everyone was off to noon prayers was brilliant. The old town is really atmospheric and beautiful.

I've really enjoyed it.
    I was chatting to a friend saying I'd like to go hiking around there but not sure what it's like when you're away from the tourist areas.
    Sounds like it's still worth visiting.
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

I've really enjoyed it.
    I was chatting to a friend saying I'd like to go hiking around there but not sure what it's like when you're away from the tourist areas.
    Sounds like it's still worth visiting.
    Yes. Very much worth visiting. Hiking would be spectacular, if arid, and as I understand it, you can get shot if you wander in to the wrong zone.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    My late père 'converted' in his 50s from a polisman to a CoS minister, doing that student thang when one is 49 and counting...😳 He had a 'must do' on his bucket list to visit Jerusalem et al. Never made it, circumstances got in the way.

Anyway, did you meet 'Superstar' in the garden of Gethsemane, crooning away to those Andrew L-W toons? And did you side with the Judean People's Front (expletives!) or The People's Front of Judea?
  • beansnikpoh
    I've always been part of the Popular Front...(splitters).
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Dog destroyed best cycling shoes. Pissedmerightoff. ☹️

It's alright, it's not like you use them much.

• johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

True that. Kinda makes it hard to start though
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Get some flats and trainers. Problem solved.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Get a lovely new shiny pair to kick start your motivation - new year coming and all that.
    (Fizik tempo FWIW)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Get some flats and espadrilles. That's wot i did. Problem solved.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Get a lovely new shiny pair to kick start your motivation - new year coming and all that.
    (Fizik tempo FWIW)
    Spring time is what I have decided I think. I have an uncomfortable pair of northwaves for the crappy weather. January will be all about building activity, mostly running (intention is at least a mile a day). Set the turbo back up in the conservatory when Christmas decorations come down and start spinning the legs up. Rugby season is over at the beginning of March so I’ll then be more inclined to get up and out on a Sunday morning.

That’s the plan anyway!