Thursday contemplating bubbly

Disgraceful, had to queue for security. Waiting for brekkie to arrive, and eyeing up the rosé.

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520

Maybe a small one.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Feeling rotten, maybe it's all those discounted cakes I've been eating.

WFH
    Maybe gym later
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Discounted cakes you say? Where do I sign?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, back to the last aid course today. Dressed up like Scott of the Antarctic in an attempt to stay warm. Just been out to scrape the ice off the car for the EPO, drivers door is frozen shut so told her to climb over from the passenger side. Very glad of the heated windscreen as that would have been very difficult otherwise. One of the great things about bicycles, no windows to defrost. Better have some breakfast and get myself moving.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Last day in the office 'till 2023 and second last day working - yay. Managed to get a seat on the train which is now rammed with hoardes of freezing Southerners as there's no heating in the carriage. Think I'll have an extra large coffee when I get in the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Maybe a small one.

Yummy. What’s the light brown thing? Enjoy beans. Take some awesome pictures 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Wimped out of a cycle this morning to the delight of wifey who got a lift to work. Wish I was going to see Jesus before his birthday 😕
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Enjoy beans

Ferkin cold walk with the hounds, now working by the aga to try and defrost

Work meh with man flu and another Christmas party missed but I assume people don’t want the lurgy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited December 2022

Discounted cakes you say? Where do I sign?

12:30 seems to be a good time to go.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    seanoconn said:

Maybe a small one.

looks like the ba hash brown
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

Maybe a small one.

looks like the ba hash brown
    Ahh, I was confused by the slightly irregular shape and being in the singular.

Although how we can call these hash browns, I’ll never know

This is a hash brown

• I could go a hash brown right now, feel slightly hungover/tired/lethargic/bored.
    Booked a lane swim at lunch to cheer me up.
    Hopeful of an early night tonight...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • That's never a hash brown @seanoconn, that's a potato rosti surely? ;)

Last day at work for me (perks of being the joint boss!). Did 110km in -6 degrees yesterday, been sitting at my desk refusing to go up and down the stairs in the office this morning!
  • Swim swum. Might even get a short run in later, who knows...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Did 110km in -6 degrees yesterday...

Ferkin Jesus!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ferkin Jesus!

😂 It's not as bad as it sounds. Once you get past the first 20mins and get the blood flowing, as long as you keep a good tempo, you stay pretty warm.
  • pinno

Ferkin Jesus!

😂 It's not as bad as it sounds. Once you get past the first 20mins and get the blood flowing, as long as you keep a good tempo, you stay pretty warm.
    See me - me I run cold sah. me born in Africa.
  • Q: What's possibly the dumbest task you can choose to do when you have a bad shoulder with bursitis?

A: Spend an *entire* day polishing car paintwork. Clay bar first, then cutting compound, then fine polish and then finishing wax.

Came up surprisingly good for 22 years old and somewhat neglected. A few funny marks and one dodgy door respray to be fixed some day, but otherwise quite decent.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn

Q: What's possibly the dumbest task you can choose to do when you have a bad shoulder with bursitis?

A: Spend an *entire* day polishing car paintwork. Clay bar first, then cutting compound, then fine polish and then finishing wax.

Came up surprisingly good for 22 years old and somewhat neglected. A few funny marks and one dodgy door respray to be fixed some day, but otherwise quite decent.

On the plus side you’re probably at least a black belt in Karate after all that 👍
  • pinno
    Yeah, 'Wheelspinner san'.
    Seano: clap your hands together and do that thing and fix his shoulder. Then he'll be ready to tackle a stretched Limo.
  • seanoconn said:

Q: What's possibly the dumbest task you can choose to do when you have a bad shoulder with bursitis?

On the plus side you’re probably at least a black belt in Karate after all that 👍
    Couldn’t even lift chopsticks to catch a fly last night.

• pinno said:

Seano: clap your hands together and do that thing and fix his shoulder. Then he'll be ready to tackle a stretched Limo.

Three more cars to do here will be enough. My wagon is big enough that I’ve put the job off for 6 months

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

• pinno
    That's it.
    Are you Mr Miyagi's lost cousin?
  • That movie was on at the cinema where I worked, for months, because it was so popular.