Wednesday whereabouts unknown

What's the world coming to if I'm starting a daily thread t a little after 8? Presumably someone else will be doing the same slightly ahead of me or the cold has got to me and I missed one. Daughter's 21st today, so happy birthday to her. I really should drink my tea and get going, have a good day one and all.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    'ning

i'm hibernating
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Both threads posted at 8.24!

-3 wobble in. Had to walk a little as a couple sections of cycle path were frozen over. Sticking to the main roads for the return leg. New sexy tights survived unscathed.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330

Presumably someone else will be doing the same slightly ahead of me...

No snap!
    seanoconn said:

-3 wobble in. Had to walk a little as a couple sections of cycle path were frozen over. Sticking to the main roads for the return leg. New sexy tights survived unscathed.

Did you get sexy tights with knee pads for doing doughnuts and sliding about the place and wheelies and 360's and nosies and cool stuff?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    pinno said:

No snap!
    seanoconn said:

Did you get sexy tights with knee pads for doing doughnuts and sliding about the place and wheelies and 360's and nosies and cool stuff?
    If I had my Stevo-esque full body armour I could have done some cool stuff and got some ‘serious air’ but alas my only protection is skin and bone.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Happy birthday to V2001.

In the cave today with the heater on as it's still sub zero outside. Busy busy as everyone does the usual trick of trying to get stuff off their desk before Christmas.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

No snap!
    seanoconn said:

If I had my Stevo-esque full body armour I could have done some cool stuff and got some ‘serious air’ but alas my only protection is skin and bone.
    I've got some spare if you want to be cool.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • williammlesly
    williammlesly Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    I also love cycling in cold weather! But try to do it carefully in a special cold, I walk better!
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

No snap!
    seanoconn said:

I've got some that I have been trying to flog for ages that I can let it go cheap.
    FTFY
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

No snap!
    seanoconn said:

I've got some that I have been trying to flog for ages that I can let it go cheap.
    FTFY
    Coolness has a cost :smile:
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Sexy tightsed it in. Stayed upright, though progress was pretty sedate. Darted early, as today is Friday for me. Off to walk in the footsteps of jeebus tomorrow, so standard lounge brekkie, though heinously early so bubbly is unlikely.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    seanoconn said:

If you've got 2 wheels in the air you don't need to worry about how much ice is on the ground.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    seanoconn said:

Cycle path into work this morning was also covered in sheet ice. Muchos peligro.
    The council had gone to a lot of effort to clear and grit the big car park though that the cycle path runs alongside...

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532

Sexy tightsed it in. Stayed upright, though progress was pretty sedate. Darted early, as today is Friday for me. Off to walk in the footsteps of jeebus tomorrow, so standard lounge brekkie, though heinously early so bubbly is unlikely.

it's never too early for bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

If you've got 2 wheels in the air you don't need to worry about how much ice is on the ground.
    No you don't have to worry except for the coming down bit.