Monday machinations make Mendeleev merry

Morning Iconoclasts

Woke up to a winter wonder land as it's snowing fit to bust.
Beans thinks the sky is falling on his head.

Schools might be off, we shall see.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

unusually for london it's crisp and even out there, but it'll soon become the traditional city sludge and ice

do some gmc stuff, cafe strolls, assemble shiny bike, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Been awake since 2:30, not due to toothache either.

Been for a run in non sexy tights, too cold for bare legs today.

WFW. Email from big boss in London telling everyone to be careful in the "extreme" weather.
    Suspect schools might close round here too, which only bothers me because it might mean teacher friends aren't at the gym later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Trains all cancelled or severe delays and roads round here pretty sketchy so it's WFH today, pity as I had some after work beers planned. Have parked myself in the dining room which is nice and and warm, as the cave is unpleasantly cold.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    No snow in these balmy parts. Well, make that frosty sub-zero all day forecast parts, with the cloud / mist closing in. Q is do I venture over by mowtah to the big town Screwfix to collect Stuff or wait for a thaw, whenever that may come?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, no snow just very cold
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Snow and car park fun with the traction control switched off whilst Mrs P did the shopping. Magic.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Snow and car park fun with the traction control switched off whilst Mrs P did the shopping. Magic.

Take it there's no Maccy D with a car park near you?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nope and besides, too much street furniture.
    Lidl.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Sooo cold

Found out now away Feb & March '23 to somewhere cold

Hate the bloody cold.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nope and besides, too much street furniture.
    Lidl.
    Much classier. Hope you had you blue neons on.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    shiny bike assembled, but with streets now covered in dirty sludge and icy bits, test ride will have to wait a couple of days

mince pie time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

old guy who took the car park light out and a fence went through the popo mincer and lost his licence.

Serves the old guy right for doing doughnuts in the car park :wink:

When the new Lidl opened here it instantly became a drift park so the neighbours* kicked off and it's barriered off now as soon as the last customer has left.
    The kids have just moved back to the other car park near me, or use the petrol station forecourt for drag races instead.

*The same ones who moved next to a dual carriageway and want the speed limit dropped because its noisy.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Lurked at home. Bring back 6-8° and grey, no rain.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, usual nonsense to deal with. A bit fresh wobbling to and from, but preferable to driving. Took the old MTB as it's easier in slippery conditions. Just a light dusting around here.

Old dear is happy in Italy, just had my sister on the phone ranting about her, welcome to my world I thought.
  • pinno
    edited December 2022
    Beans update ***Hot off the press***

Monsters. That's right - monsters. The vast majority of real, actual monsters are bight yellow or orange on the top half, smell funny and leave things at the door or worse, they open the door and put things inside. Then they get a thing that makes a bright sun for an instant sometimes, other times, the thing just goes 'click'.
    Then you run upstairs and seek sanctuary under the bed and in this evenings instance, attack Shorty 'cos it's her fault somehow.

But what happens when something worse than monsters happen? What happens when the worst thing of all happens - like the end of the world because the sky falls on your head, Literally?

Beans was wary but then slowly and surely, he ventured out and came back quickly. On the second venture, he didn't come back so quickly and by the time I took Shorty sledging up the hill, he decided that actually, the end of the world though cold, is quite fun. He followed us and ran past at 100 mph (meows per hour) up the hill.

...and the consequence of all that activity:

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Saturday night fever?
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Saturday night fever?
    :D