sunday elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity

'ning

brrr, -5, stroll to the terminal to get a paper to read with full english brekkie, then head back into london, dump stuff, head to cafe to torment them with tales of warmth and rides

ponder the revelations of the tabby, is humanity ready for the truth

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Arrived in motel for overnight before ferry ride back to Taz tomorrow. Forecast is ordinary - windy and rain. Rough trip coming up. 😒

Car going fine so far. Needs a thorough tidy up, but mechanicals seem ok.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Morning. Welcome back to normality SG. I stupidly entered sprint duathlon when it was was warm, well its today and it isn't warm. At least its dry. Enjoy your day all.

If you sprint it will keep you warm.

It's just above 0 here so I might head out for a run in my shorts 😁

It was amusing watching the local parkruns cancel one by one yesterday, yet the ones in Snowdonia still went ahead in the snow.
    I was going to do a race along the prom this morning but they cancelled that too because of the "extreme weather".
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Arrived in motel for overnight before ferry ride back to Taz tomorrow. Forecast is ordinary - windy and rain. Rough trip coming up. 😒

So, you bought the TT in Oz and you're no ferrying the thing to Taz?
    9 to 11 hour Ferry ride I hear. That could be fun but I guess being summer, it will be a cruise.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I went for a piddle at half past four two three, I dunno. Bejeesus it was bright last night with the moon reflecting off the frost.
    There was a Tawny owl sat in the Sycamore hooting and he was crystal clear.

Beans is not happy.
    [One struggles to dig a hole for one's ablutions and the ground is sore on his paws]. He's sucking up to me like nothing else. Beans does not like cold weather.

Coffee. Feed birds. Fed them 3 times yesterday.
    Collared Dove's seem to be arriving by the bus load. There's rarely more than 2 couples in this garden 'cos of them Sparrow hawks see. Fast as fcuk and deadly.
    Woosh. Bang, Pile of feathers. Just like that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    A bit brass here so staying indoors and chilling for a while. Hounds enjoyed the novelty of frost this morning as they've forgotten about last year, but then decided its a bit nippy so retreated to the comfort of the dog baskets.

May go get a Christmas tree and get the Christmas tat down from the loft later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    In an empty cold building waiting to instruct people on how to save lives andshit like that.

Tbh, not really feeling the love but have got game face ready to pull out and put on.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

A bit brass here...

Right Northern.

• thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

A bit brass here so staying indoors and chilling for a while.

Definitely feels a bit warmer outside here today compared to yesterday or Friday, my knees were just red when I got back not purple.
    Still icy underfoot though.

• pinno said:

Arrived in motel for overnight before ferry ride back to Taz tomorrow. Forecast is ordinary - windy and rain. Rough trip coming up. 😒

So, you bought the TT in Oz and you're no ferrying the thing to Taz?
    9 to 11 hour Ferry ride I hear. That could be fun but I guess being summer, it will be a cruise.
    Yep. Picked it up in Sydney, fixed a couple minor niggles, drove down the coast and stopped off a few days here and there on way to Melbourne.

Ferry ride is approx 10 hours, depending on weather. Can be overnight or a day trip. Leaving ~8:30 tomorrow morning, arrives in (hopefully) about 6:30 at latest. Summer doesn’t count for much on that stretch of water… I expect it will be cold out on the boat, given wind and rain prediction.

Then a 300km drive home tomorrow evening.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    began with -6 clear sky and scenic frosty vistas on the way back from gatwick, replaced by fog, london less nippy

time for cafe stroll ii
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

A bit brass here so staying indoors and chilling for a while.

Definitely feels a bit warmer outside here today compared to yesterday or Friday, my knees were just red when I got back not purple.
    Still icy underfoot though.

Yep, garden is nice and crunchy underfoot, mist is mostly cleared now. Grit on standby for the driveway in case it gets icy, it's got a bit of a slope on it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

A bit brass here...

Right Northern.

BBQ weather on Tyneside.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Foggy. Static bike. Booking tours for upcoming jaunt.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Should be an epic trip to soak up history. Leave the Missus at home and take me instead 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    seanoconn said:

Should be an epic trip to soak up history. Leave the Missus at home and take me instead 👍
    I’ll wear my Indiana Jones outfit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, been up to the loft to put the empty boxes of Christmas tat and that which wasn't used away. Failed again in my attempts to get rid of the stuff that's not used. I thought I was the hoarder 🙄
    Into the garage shortly, think I'll use the old MTB to wobble into the orifice next week. Although I'm on a first aid refresher for a couple of days in Kingston. Other than that, mild pottering.

Not daft enough to brave Kingston again, Seano may be more reluctant to join on that jaunt.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,590

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, been up to the loft to put the empty boxes of Christmas tat and that which wasn't used away. Failed again in my attempts to get rid of the stuff that's not used...

My strategy this year is all unused tat gets put in a box marked "Unwanted Tat" and placed at the back of the loft to be forgotten about. Wife refuses to use refuse. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start to the day after decent night out despite the football.

Long walk done and a run. Hot tub and then off to the club for a swim and a pint.

Pub later
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

assuming you're flying to/from tlv, for departure booking the fattal terminal makes things a lot more pleasant (they'll also do hotel pickup), eases the security checking and it's way nicer than the main terminal where, unless something changed, the lounges are grim
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

assuming you're flying to/from tlv, for departure booking the fattal terminal makes things a lot more pleasant (they'll also do hotel pickup), eases the security checking and it's way nicer than the main terminal where, unless something changed, the lounges are grim
    Cheers sg.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

I’ll wear my Indiana Jones outfit.
    I'm very much looking forward to it. 2 tours booked. Unfortunately we're there over a weekend. Hoping to get to yad vashem.
  • beansnikpoh
    Also booked 5 days in Tenerife in March with chums. Pedalling. Eek. Best get training.
  • Stevo_666
    All this talk of hols reminds me that I must get my ski trip sorted, especially as I've not been since 2019 and there's now enough snow fallen this evening to ski down my driveway :)

• thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

All this talk of hols reminds me that I must get my ski trip sorted, especially as I've not been since 2019 and there's now enough snow fallen this evening to ski down my driveway :)

You just need to build a jump at the bottom.
  • beansnikpoh
    Snedge here. Couple of inches. Less than stevo.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

You just need to build a jump at the bottom.
    If it keeps snowing the cars at the bottom of the drive will turn into moguls.
  • beansnikpoh