Saturday before William Crookes bent Cathode rays

Long drive in filthy conditions just to see a Panto and 'treat' the progeny to a Happy meal.
-4.5 deg that end of the county and snow in the middle of it and rain this end of it.

Rapunzel did get rescued in the end. For a while I thought her hair was going to fall off fall out.

Lanzarote looks like the surface of the moon. I guess, if you want pure cycling and sunshine and not a lot else, it's the place to go but I think I would rather go anywhere there's some greenery.

#retiretolakecomo

Now sipping a night cap.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Walk hounds, few jobs, run and then out for late lunch with the family followed by football and dinner at friends
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    'ning

shiny bike packed, sunbed warming up

having a cafe stroll with doughnut
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Dragged into Kingston to look at shops. 🙄
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Are the shops putting on a show routine?

Still -3 and slippery as that word, no way is a ride getting rided outside. Turbo, another, sesh later. Time for a wander down to the shops, see if I can stay upright. Prob swing round by the loch side, should be pretty in the ice.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    A heady 2C here now but still had a bit of ice scraping to do before we took the hounds out. Getting supplies n doing jobs figure today before an evening in front of the box.

Miss Ukraine has announced that she is going back to Ukraine for a couple of weeks in February for a holiday and to see her mate who's due to have a kid early next year. Didn't think refugees normally went back for holidays to the country they'd fled? Mrs. 666 is not amused and will definitely not be extending the 6 months we'd signed up for.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396

Dragged into Kingston to look at shops. 🙄

Haha sucker 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Hound walk in the light was nice for a change

That’s a doozy 👍
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

A heady 2C here now but still had a bit of ice scraping to do before we took the hounds out. Getting supplies n doing jobs figure today before an evening in front of the box.

Miss Ukraine has announced that she is going back to Ukraine for a couple of weeks in February for a holiday and to see her mate who's due to have a kid early next year. Didn't think refugees normally went back for holidays to the country they'd fled? Mrs. 666 is not amused and will definitely not be extending the 6 months we'd signed up for.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the pair of Miss Ukraine’s knickers that mysteriously found their way into your cave 😉
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

tbh, it depends where dhe is going - Ukraine is mahoooooooooosif. Like 251 Wales' or something.

If she is from, say, Kherkov, no, she won't be going back, but if her mate is from 2,000km away, then why not?

Its a bit like Britain invading Brittany but heading to Chamonix or Nice to see someone, well why not?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the pair of Miss Ukraine’s knickers that mysteriously found their way into your cave 😉
    :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

tbh, it depends where dhe is going - Ukraine is mahoooooooooosif. Like 251 Wales' or something.

If she is from, say, Kherkov, no, she won't be going back, but if her mate is from 2,000km away, then why not?

Its a bit like Britain invading Brittany but heading to Chamonix or Nice to see someone, well why not?
    True, she's from a town to the South East of Kyiv called Boryspil. So not close the fighting but as I said above: if you're really a refugee, do you go back to the place you were escaping from for a break? (as presumably its so bad you need to escape). And she delayed coming over for a few weeks so she could celebrate her birthday with her mates. It looks to us that she's a bit of a voluntary refugee.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Anyhow, walked Hound. Cold.
    Went and bought tree.Cold
    Found a load of old random cans & bottles of car polish: findings are:

- Simoniz wax: wast of time
    - Auto Glym ultra PRO: meh
    - Turtle Wax from B&Q:;mega. The way forward.

May get around to finishing the other 3/4sofit at some point. Or I may not....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    No idea why they cancelled all the local park runs today.

• sungod
    lazy day by the pool, said adios to the tabby, blue skies and warmth

quick check-in, airport is rammed, seem to be several delays on incoming flights from further up the uk, perhaps a shortage of de-icers/snow ploughs? but mine is on the way

oasis of comfy chairs, buffet, nibbles and cold drinks in the little lounge, stoking up in anticipation of mediocre onboard cuisine, it's still not what it was pre-pandemic
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    sungod said:

...said adios to the tabby.../blockquote>

Miaby atigrado?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    more like adios gata atigrada

ils landing due to freezing fog, linen trousers and hawaiian shirt, 'strewth it's nippy, but fast walking the bikebox and big and medium packs kept the chill off, hilton put a plate of berries and choc nibbles in the room as a welcome, nom