tuesday it's knowing they're foreign that makes them so mad

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited December 2022 in The bottom bracket
'ning

summon willpower for ride up to haria and back, with the double hairpins and the flying helmet
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• "...the flying helmet"

Wots that then?

Moaning,
    Early start today WFW in a different location. I know where it is just never done the route this early and it’s only 1C out there right now BRRRRR it’s not raining thank goodness :)

Bring on the summer! Perhaps should get SG to bring back a big bottle of sunshine :D for us all
  • sungod
    it's an 'allo 'allo allusion
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Long ish run for a while last night and then a reasonable walk this morning with only a small kitty plaster needed.

Work snizzle and a run later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

WFH today, CBA.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Blue blistering bell bottomed balderdash, morning.

Pinkish orange sky over the frosty wastes of Pinno's marshland.

Scawtish pooer (that's how the indigenous peoples pronounce it) are cutting the pooer off until 4ish, so we're of to the Bistro in the sticks for food and coffee and cake (in no particular order.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1

Loverly out this morning
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sungod said:

it's an 'allo 'allo allusion

he shall say it only once.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    cold. brrrrrr. have put heater in gym.

brrrrrrrrrr.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Thickest sexy tights, thick socks, long sleeve winter base, winter jacket, skull cap, full finger gloves. I only have overshoes and my really thick gloves left in the arsenal.

Wfw, Forgotten my phone, or it has fallen out of my pocket. Hopefully the former.
  • tlw1 said:

Long ish run for a while last night

Longish? It was a good effort mate!

We had a short run last night, 5km then a little pre Christmas buffet and presentation.
    Zwifted this morning in the garage and bejesus it was cold!
    Time is marching forwards so I might do the Xmas booze run late before the hoards descend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Xmas booze run late before the hoards descend.

That sounds like one of TLW's runs which involve pub stops.

• I'd struggle to get this amount home in a rucksack.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Busy morning caving, just finished the last batch of Teams calls, assisted by coffee. Just noticed that I left my helmet and gloves outside after my Sunday ride - put them down to open the garage and forgot to take them in. Doh. Luckily just a bit cold and damp.

May do some weights and watch a bit of footy later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW after a chilly wobble, if there's one thing that's worse than a Monday it's a Tuesday impersonating a Monday. Lots of brown stuff to sort out.
    Wobbling through the park with my winterish gloves on saw a chap riding the other way with no gloves on, I did think he was a f'ing idiot. He was older than me so definitely should have known better. Haven't gone for the full winter kit, might need another layer and the really thick gloves tomorrow
    Stevo_666 said:

Just noticed that I left my helmet and gloves outside after my Sunday ride - put them down to open the garage and forgot to take them in. Doh. Luckily just a bit cold and damp.

Good job you didn't have to wear them this morning, nobody likes a cold helmet :o
    Tonight I have a choice between going for a few drinks then a curry with a couple of the guys from work, a few drinks with my sister or just staying in. Hmmm, I wonder...

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

Long ish run for a while last night

Longish? It was a good effort mate!

We had a short run last night, 5km then a little pre Christmas buffet and presentation.
    Zwifted this morning in the garage and bejesus it was cold!
    Time is marching forwards so I might do the Xmas booze run late before the hoards descend.
    Cheers baby doll - still not fixed but feeling better
  • sungod
    listen carefully...

130k of along, 1766m of up and 3030kcal of nom, bit cool, almost no wind on the way out, bloody headwind coming back resulting in slowest ever descent of timanfaya, it's just wrong

barely enough energy to lay on sunbed
  • At least it was downhill.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Gym gymed, swim swimmed, shopping shopped, but baby it's cold outside. Think I'll prob bail on the lunchtime cafe meet tomorrow, it's just an hour away but I'm not for taking main road and the back roads are likely to be slippy. Turbo then. (For which the replacement console, came with a broken one, has been sitting in the local(ish) courier depot since last Thursday. Or have they lost it?)
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

listen carefully...

130k of along, 1766m of up and 3030kcal of nom, bit cool, almost no wind on the way out, bloody headwind coming back resulting in slowest ever descent of timanfaya, it's just wrong

Sounds like a production to rival the mighty beans' antics.
    Or a TikTok video.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Gym gymed, swim swimmed, shopping shopped, but baby it's cold outside. Think I'll prob bail on the lunchtime cafe meet tomorrow, it's just an hour away but I'm not for taking main road and the back roads are likely to be slippy. Turbo then. (For which the replacement console, came with a broken one, has been sitting in the local(ish) courier depot since last Thursday. Or have they lost it?)

gym, swim, turbo? that's impressive - hat.

just make sure it don't slowly morph into swim, turbo, treadmill, ok ?
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

just make sure it don't slowly morph into swim, turbo, treadmill, ok ?

That's a new level of masochism.
  • MattFalle
    It'd be just wrong. then he'd start cutting the sleeves off his t shirts and it'll all be lost.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Just noticed that I left my helmet and gloves outside after my Sunday ride - put them down to open the garage and forgot to take them in. Doh. Luckily just a bit cold and damp.

Good job you didn't have to wear them this morning, nobody likes a cold helmet :o

Nice one, Finbarr.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nice one, Finbarr.
    Someone had to do it and you know I can't resist an obvious joke
  • MattFalle
    Just doing CV to submit. First time in years and years and years.

forgot how tedious all this is....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

listen carefully...

Sounds like a production to rival the mighty beans' antics.
    Or a TikTok video.
    I'm going to have a word with Beans - i'll tell him we've got competition.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Better to review CVs than to do them. I avoid hiring unlucky people by randomly chucking half of the CVs in the bin.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Better to review CVs than to do them. I avoid hiring unlucky people by randomly chucking half of the CVs in the bin.
    I completely agree with where you are coming from. You're just being pro-active and time efficient. Sorting lucky from unlucky.

To put it into real life context:

Promotion board sits one a year - say 5 out of 10 will pick up.

A mate of mine was waiting with 9 others to find out who had picked up. Bear in mind, this is serious stuff - being posted elsewhere, pay rises, courses, etc.

CO walked out and said "you, you, you, etc" to all 10, in my office.

Lined them up all. Said "In life, you have winners and losers. You - winner. You - winner. You - loser" through the whole line. "Winners with me for drinks, losers back to work" turned around and walked out.....

Winners and losers, winners and losers....