Sunday is not living up to its name

'Ning

Seems cloudy today with no hope of sunshine.

Booked for zumba but might cancel.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,171
    Looks very murky grey outside, not much doing. Neighbours little party was quite good and met the people who sold us our house as they are back to say hello. May go for a ride later if I can summon up the energy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Not being Welsh means I will be watching the football later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,198
    edited December 2022
    Morning Great galloping gophers

Went pedalling yesterday into the brr Easterly and on the way back, the sun came out and with the wind on my back and the sun in my face, it was quite a pleasant.

Beans the b4stard.

Scene 1 act 1: [Just got back from the ride yesterday, I decide to stretch before showering]

Beans attacks my animated arms. This all because he's not got the Tasty shreds pouch flavour he really wanted and there was no one around to wait on him. He would also like some Dreamies. He discovered that if you chew the packet enough, you can get access to them and then scoff the lot.
    They're locked away now.

Attacking me proves futile. Running away upstairs and out of reach to pull claws on the carpet gets my attention. I pick him up and he immediately starts purring deeply as if... 'no, hang on' thinks Beans as we're heading in the wrong direction. He starts squirming on the realisation of the alternative direction. Purr mode: Off. I put him out and shut the cat flap with the thingy plate wotsit.

Act 2, scene 1: [World fades out and back in to a time long, long ago in a galaxy... eh?!] Wait a minute Mr Lucas, no - after another Sparrow fatality, I buy Beans a fluorescent collar with flea repellent attribute and bell. I mean, what more could you want from a collar? (apart from a GPS tracker and miniature camera but still).
    I have had more Aves fatalities since the collar installation than before. Humph. Water pistol borrowed from the plastic repertoire collected over time (and difficult to relinquish for some reason only known to kleptomaniac females of a certain age with a tendency towards sentimentality) and 'loaded'..

However, if it gets much colder, I doubt he will be out much. He does not like the cold. Something to do with it being sore on the paws. Maybe, having lived indoors for 75% of his life, he isn't used to it.
    He's confused now, 'cos I have shut him in whilst the birds feed. I will do this every morning because Beans thinks I am very clever in attracting birds I go get seed/nuts and go fill the feeders and he waits for me and follows. Everyday bar severe meteorological inclemency.

And anyway, it took him a week to decide that the woodburner(s) weren't going to kill him and now he sits in front of them like Lord Lucan*.

*Another murdering git with a tendency to disappear.

Friday Dec 1, 2022, 21.56 hours - we were disturbed from post children must go to bed shenanigan recovery as there was one helluva squeak from the kitchen. I couldn't believe such a loud noise emanated from a tiny, short tale Vole brought in for general amusement. I like Voles - they tend not to fight or bite like mice who always warrant using gloves. I picked said Vole up who was in a state of 'that b4stard fcuking monster' but uninjured physically and placed him in a crack in the woodpile. Although, he hesitated for what seemed to be an inordinate length of time before leaving my hand.

------------------------End (you'll be pleased, I know)---------------------
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I've heard that Jackanory are hiring ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    Encore.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I've heard that Jackanory are hiring ;)
    Beat me to it. 😊 Thought the Beeb had packed in Jackanory; maybe Pinno is trialling a relaunch. Or is it Beans the Cat vs Shaun the Sheep?

Gone grey and cold again. Do a bit more fettling of stuff outside before retiring to a cozy settee by the woodburner. Followed by c'mon Senegal. #ABE
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    edited December 2022
    poor beans

rained overnight, rather mistymurky start and a nippy 17-ish for the first couple of hours, actually put a gilet on when some drizzle started, fortunately the sun is now burning if off and balmier conditions are restored

misty...

stopped for 10ses...

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Neighbour's dog has been crying since 7 am. Probably wants to go out for a sh!t but nobody's home to let him out.
    Sounded like he was trashing the house though and he's probably pissed all over the place so it's not all bad.

All the old ladies said I did very well at Zumba. I was just pleased I didn't punch, fly kick or jump into anybody.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    sungod said:

poor beans

rained overnight, rather mistymurky start and a nippy 17-ish for the first couple of hours, actually put a gilet on when some drizzle started, fortunately the sun is now burning if off and balmier conditions are restored

misty...

stopped for 10ses...

Lavverly, both scenery and snack.

Grey here. Much garden tidying done yesterday. Taken the dog out, everyone else is out this afternoon, so may snooze in front of the box.
  • pinno
    [Maybe the world is so hooked on soundbites, anything that requires a bit more input is beyond them].
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    pinno said:

[Maybe the world is so hooked on soundbites, anything that requires a bit more input is beyond them].

i enjoyed the three act tragedy, and the triumph of the hero, beans
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

pinno said:

I'm looking forward to the Christmas panto version.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

I'm looking forward to the Christmas panto version.
    "Watch out Pinno, he's behind you...."
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Thank you kind sir, you obviously appreciate over domesticated Felines and contemporary Anglo/Greek tragedy.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I read it all, just not sure how you get the time to type so much. Is this your inspiration? :)
    https://youtu.be/GWBAINpDuvk
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Maybe beans needs his own TikTok
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

#ABE

;)

• tlw1

• tlw1
    Pub was ace and feck it’s rum time
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Maybe beans needs his own TikTok
    What a good idea.