• joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338

Stevo_666 said:

Too much too old?

Definitely too old 😭

It Doesn't Make It Alright
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    They were dire when I saw them at Leeds Queens hall supporting the Clash. I wouldn’t go to bottom of our stairs to see them now.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    webboo said:

They were dire when I saw them at Leeds Queens hall supporting the Clash. I wouldn’t go to bottom of our stairs to see them now.

Saw them in Brixton 3 or so years ago and they were very good. This isn't much further than the bottom of my stairs so well worth it.
    I'd rather have seen the Clash though. Saw Joe Strummer live a few times but never saw the Clash.
  • webboo
    The next gig for this ageing punk come pensioner is the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at Huddersfield Town Hall.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Just got tickets for SLF at The Junction in Cambridge, Tues 14th March :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Cambridge? Is Chasey going?
  • Stevo_666

Don't think it's his thing fortunately :)

Mate of mine lives near Huntingdon so will crash out up there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo

Unfortunately it clashes with an Atomic Kitten gig he’s going to.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2022
    webboo said:

Unfortunately it clashes with an Atomic Kitten gig he’s going to.
    Hardcore :)

We saw The Buzzcocks at the Junction about 5 years ago, not a bad little venue. Would normally see them in town but I owe my mate for coming down to London for loads of previous gigs.
  • Stevo_666

Holy thread revival Batman...going to see SLF at the Roundhouse on Saturday 23rd March. Rock on...

Missed a Skids gig that a few mates went to last weekend - would have been good but Corby was a bit too far.

• veronese68

Blimey, I remember these 😂

Yes, Corby is a bit far. I had a gig near me recommendation on Spotify a while back, it was in Sheffield! I guess relative distances may be different to Americans. Should take the lad to SLF one day as he still wears the t-shirt from one of the gigs we went to.

• Stevo_666

SLF seem to tour same time every year - think we've seen them in March at the Kentish Town Forum about 4 times now.

• veronese68

Why do they always play in North London, are the scared to cross the river. Tickets are still available so I messaged the lad to see if he's up for it.

• Stevo_666

Good plan, given how lardy Jake Burns was looking last year, might be a good idea to see them before it's too late. We got lucky with The Buzzcocks in that way - a year after seeing them, Pete Shelley was pushing up daisies.