• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Sun is definitely not shining here
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Morning Aardvarks

Ditto Thistle.

It's going colder next week.
    Tomorrow's forecast is good which means riding an actual bike on an actual road rather than an actual bike on some... round plastic thingies..
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    No sun here

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    thistle_ said:

Shouldn't you be out riding @sungod ?

bit of gmc emergency stuff, normal service is about to be resumed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• Not much sun on my morning ride either
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Bit chilly on my morning ride, no sun though. Plenty stopping power instead. Endos are back on the menu.

I entered my 50th year today, as Mrs B³ kindly pointed out on my card...A jumper and a sock advent calendar was my gift haul. Early bail on the cards, and dinner out later.
  • Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
  • pinno
    edited December 2022
    HB @hopkinb

[HBHB!]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    edited December 2022
    Happy birthday! 🥳 You’re old for 40 but you’ll soon be young for 50 👍

And another plus, your feet, knees and ribs are all in good working order.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Why can't some of yew lot post pics the right way around?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Is your 50th year your 6th decade? Maffs 🤔 HB to the kid anyway.

My replacement turbo console unit due for delivery today but no timeslot info as yet. Showing still as in depot, but... So the chances of a missed delivery when I head out soon for a pootle up, down and around?

At least it's not raining. Yet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    edited December 2022
    Many happy returns B3. Its the best decade to be in :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Slight head fuzz after lasts nights free grog but functioning OK on work stuff. Popping out later to get a new tyre fitted to Mrs. 666 runabout.

Miss Ukraine is in the doghouse after going to London last night, getting back at 1am having forgotten her house keys. Mrs. 666 let her in and gave her the Paddington hard stare.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

My replacement turbo console unit due for delivery today but no timeslot info as yet. Showing still as in depot, but... So the chances of a missed delivery when I head out soon for a pootle up, down and around?

I'm 49 today - so I've entered my 50th year, but I'm not yet into my 6th decade. At least as I understand it!
  • pinno said:

Why can't some of yew lot post pics the right way around?

To annoy the internet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

orraloon said:

I'm 49 today - so I've entered my 50th year, but I'm not yet into my 6th decade. At least as I understand it!
    Ah OK, it's Hawaii next year then.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Ride rided, quite a bit of moisture hanging in the air, not raining but always misting up the glasses.

Tide was out!

• beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Yep, hanging on to my 40's, just. I think I'll just ignore 50 and enter a permanent middle-aged fugue state where I forget details of my age/birthday etc, until I can afford to retire, whereupon I'll designate myself as old, and sit in a chair doing crosswords.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Yep, hanging on to my 40's, just. I think I'll just ignore 50 and enter a permanent middle-aged fugue state where I forget details of my age/birthday etc, until I can afford to retire, whereupon I'll designate myself as old, and sit in a chair doing crosswords.
    Don’t you sit in a chair doing crosswords already? 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Don’t you sit in a chair doing crosswords already? 🤔
    True, but I will do even more when I am old and retired.
  • I forget how old I am occasionaly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

I forget how old I am occasionaly.

Its probably for the best for quite a few of us.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Nearly finished with work for this week.
    Hippy bathday B³, it's already been downhill for a while but you'll start picking up speed now :smiley:
    All sorts of exciting stuff working from home today. Neighbour had her step ladder stolen this afternoon, was putting christmas lights up, went in to get something and when she came out it was gone. Another neighbour had it on CCTV and shared it, thief was the driver that delivered something to the EPO. She just left feedback of 1 star saying delivery was ok but the driver is a thief. Don't think he'll be keeping his job for too long, I thought they just nicked the parcels.
    Nearly pub o'clock, I wouldn't normally but I feel I should celebrate B³'s birthday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294

I forget how old I am occasionaly.

I try to but my body keeps reminding me
  • beansnikpoh

Hippy bathday B³, it's already been downhill for a while but you'll start picking up speed now :smiley:
    Nearly pub o'clock, I wouldn't normally but I feel I should celebrate B³'s birthday.

All downhill indeed. Pah, I cycled up Putney Hill earlier. :)

Have a pint of a winter ale. Cheers. Hic.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Happy birthday bean