Manbag But Not a Manbag

2»

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Looks like a man bag for a man who’s too insecure to have a man bag. ;)
  • Munsford0 said:

I wouldn't go for a bag with buckles like that as it's too much of a faff to put stuff in and out of it.

Oi! As a classic Carradice saddlebag owner I'll defend to the death my right to fiddle with idiosyncratic buckles and leather straps which become slippery when wet and my numb fingers are scrabbling to get at my waterproof jacket in a hurry...
    OT:

Yo! bring back proper saddlebag mounts on all saddles, pelease!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    I've got an old one of these but it's too fat/wide and too camera-bag-y for my needs. I don't need to be reminded of what I do daily. They are very nice bags though and last for years. I guess mine must be around 25 years old and still going well.

https://billingham.co.uk/products/225-camera-bag_colour-khaki-canvas-tan-leather

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,716

I've got an old one of these...

I have a Hadley Pro in green after finding out the hard way that the 335 gets very heavy when filled. Very versatile.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,916

I wouldn't go for a bag with buckles like that as it's too much of a faff to put stuff in and out of it.

Don't forget Rick is of the velcro generation.
    Probably can't tie laces as well as undo buckles! :D
  • MidlandsGrimpeur2
    MidlandsGrimpeur2 Posts: 1,354
    edited November 2022
    I've got messenger bags, satchel, fishing bags and totes. Never go out without some form of bag to keep my stuff in.

Also got a few pieces of Filson luggage I bought dirt cheap a while back. They cost a bloody fortune now!
  • webboo

Do you think he wears elastic waisted trousers with his Velcro shoes.
  • you need to think outside the box - I assume it is an x-ray rather than the pattern

My mate from Hong Kong had a coat like that. Almost an Inspector Gadget impersonation. He pulled out a large tablet, an iPhone, a Hugo DAC Headphone amp, a Fujifilm X-T2 camera, a bottle of JD and some other stuff. I was VERY impressed!
    Reminds me of the Levi’s x Massimo Osti ICD jackets from 20 years back. A terrace classic and gutted I sold mine.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Bunch of, what's the term, oh yeah, pansies. Which can be v pretty. 😉
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,916
    webboo said:

Do you think he wears elastic waisted trousers with his Velcro shoes.
    :D:D:D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    So where do we stand on this sort of thing?

I need more space and it occasionally needs to go on the back of a motorbike in the pouring rain without killing the laptop inside.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,533
    edited November 2022
    Not that I'm a style guru but I do think way too many men are too self conscious or not bothered enough to do anything but wear basically what every other man wears.

Go to any event and so many men are wearing basically exactly the same thing.

Wear what pleases you.

I'd certainly not give a sh!t about the fashion opinions of anyone who's attire I don't rate anyway.
  • webboo
    ddraver said:

I need more space and it occasionally needs to go on the back of a motorbike in the pouring rain without killing the laptop inside.

I would imagine that rubberised fabric would make your back a bit sweaty.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,442
    ddraver said:

I would go for a suitably sized normal rucksack and put the important stuff in a dry bag inside it.
  • Pross said:

ddraver said:

I would go for a suitably sized normal rucksack and put the important stuff in a dry bag inside it.
    exactly this, there are plenty of rucksacks smart enough for work
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,506
    edited November 2022
    If you are walking into work dripping wet and in full motorbike gear, the rucksack isn't going to be an issue. Also a waterproof rucksack won't soak up the rain and then leave a puddle under your desk.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    This is a cycling forum discussing use of a manbag, yet there are people here that will stuff jersey pockets rather than have a seatpack. Surely this means the answer is either the coat from the first page or cargo pants with the pockets bulging.
  • webboo
    As I carry stuff for every eventuality when going for a ride. I have a seat pack and my pockets stuffed full and I wear two tops so I get six pockets.
    Not that I know how to use half the stuff I’m carrying.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I think the point on this thread is that the style of the saddle pack is what matters.

But pet peeve. “Nothing on the bike because it looks pro”!

Sorry, where did I see I a pro with a pump up his back?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Tongue firmly in cheek as I'm sure you realise. I use a bloody great big saddle pack to carry my stuff when riding to work and a smaller one for leisure rides. Who cares what others think, same goes for the manager. Generally favour a small backpack myself if carrying stuff