tuesday allowing for general relativistic effects on time of posting

'ning

ride in the sunnywarmth, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Feck I now have an 18 yr old child ๐Ÿ˜ณ and we are still finding bottle tops from his party on Friday (in the freezer?????)

Work snizzle and then if time run number 2 today, then Chinese followed by the pub for the game
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Morning blistering barnacles

Foggy, foggy, foggy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    sungod said:

...ride in the sunnywarmth...

You lucky, lucky ba.... Fog and 4C. The ride may devolve into a turbo one. And looks like the clag is forecast to hang around for the next week. Tick, tock, springtime... I've always hated November.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Finally back on the bicycle. Full sexy tights. Coughed up some interesting looking grenge. Some bloke on a fairlight bike wearing proper kit (i.e. should probably know better) managed to somehow trip himself up while turning left, so I had to grab a handful of brake not to collide with him as he swerved and wobbled across my path and almost under a car's front wheels. No idea what he'd done to end up doing that.

Wfw.
  • Chaos in the village, M62 westbound is shut due to a fire so a stint of WFH this morning.
    Not bad timing really as last night was the daughters birthday meal out...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Hybrid commute in with a cool ride in the gloomy grey as part 2. At least it woke me up.

Meetings ahead, will try to naff off early to catch the game against the sheep worriers, with the car radio as the back up plan for the first half in case I get held up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

censored I now have an 18 yr old child ๐Ÿ˜ณ and we are still finding bottle tops from his party on Friday (in the freezer?????)

Work snizzle and then if time run number 2 today, then Chinese followed by the pub for the game

Try having a 21 year old. Apparently she'll be having 'friends round' on at least 2 occasions over Xmas so we're trying to work out where we can dump Miss Ukraine so enough of them can stay over.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

censored I now have an 18 yr old child ๐Ÿ˜ณ and we are still finding bottle tops from his party on Friday (in the freezer?????)

Try having a 21 year old. Apparently she'll be having 'friends round' on at least 2 occasions over Xmas so we're trying to work out where we can dump Miss Ukraine so enough of them can stay over.
    Just accept it's gonna get cosy.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

I think you already know the answer, now itโ€™s convincing the wife to get involved
  • Stevo_666
    Now why did I expect replies like that :D
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

Now why did I expect replies like that :D

Because you put it on there, knowing the response and are going to use it with the wife to say โ€˜it wasnโ€™t me who thought of this, it was my internet friendsโ€™
  • Stevo_666
    If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what's happened...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I left the office at 3:17, through the front door at 3:55, quickly whip off the cycling jacket and base layer, bung on a t-shirt, sit down, dial in to a 4:00 call. A sexy tight call. Hopefully no one wants me to stand up.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Well claggy day (missed the aurora last night dagnabit) and the mist never really lifted, closing back in now. So outdoor ride became a turbo sesh.

Stove fired up. Now then: "yew ess ay, yew ess ay...". Oh wait, better make that "sosban fach". #ABE, even those bleepin' taffies.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Evening all. Off the hardcore painkillers now. Still in a great deal of discomfort and now nauseous but that might be a withdrawal symptom from my narcotics. Been enjoying my daytime snoozes though. Will miss the comfort of the bed and a warm heatpack on my lower back.
    Hurrah, hope I can cycle again next week.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401

I left the office at 3:17, through the front door at 3:55, quickly whip off the cycling jacket and base layer, bung on a t-shirt, sit down, dial in to a 4:00 call. A sexy tight call. Hopefully no one wants me to stand up.

Good man. We must embrace the sexy tights. Too tip, carry a cycle helmet and you can parade sexy tights anywhere ๐Ÿ‘

Industrial sized cottage pie in the oven. Snacks and rum for footie later. One of the few spirits that gives me a hangover but Iโ€™ll worry about morning Sean tomorrow.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • thistle_
    edited November 2022
    seanoconn said:

Good man. We must embrace the sexy tights. Too tip, carry a cycle helmet and you can parade sexy tights anywhere ๐Ÿ‘
    All the big bosses in the office tomorrow so I'll be doing this.

It's not December though yet so I can't wear my Christmas jersey with them (https://www.neoprocycling.com.au/products/neopro-ugly-xmas-jersey?variant=42005880537275 )

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

It's not December though yet so I can't wear my Christmas jersey with them (https://www.neoprocycling.com.au/products/neopro-ugly-xmas-jersey?variant=42005880537275 )

I love that! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Bit chilly for a Xmas Jersey sadly ๐Ÿ˜”
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Now then: "yew ess ay, yew ess ay...". Oh wait, better make that "sosban fach". #ABE, even those bleepin' taffies.

Whatever you do, don't turn the telly on Loon ;)
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

I love that! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Bit chilly for a Xmas Jersey sadly ๐Ÿ˜”
    Yeah, long sleeves would be better for the UK.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Eek!

Late birthday present for TLW junior?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1 said:

18 year old? Heโ€™ll be borrowing all your carsโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS