Training Apps - mid tech

I am aware of this thread which has some useful information in it:

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13119423/training-apps-to-use-with-kickr-cost-of-living-crisis/p1

However I have some different criteria for finding a training app.

I use TR with my Kickr Core and am happy with it but, having retired, am looking at monthly outgoings so have been considering a move.

At the same time I have found my wife a 2nd hand trainer (Zumo) as I want her to try some HIIT as part of her ongoing wait loss programme.

So I am looking for a training app which is cheaper than TR (free preferably) and has a similar style interface - just data and no video. The Android tablet she will be using is not the newest - it runs TR and Spotify together so is fine.

Any suggestions for a lowish tech app?

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited November 2022
    Just in case you missed it in the bargains thread...

BESTFRIDAY2022 makes 6-month Rouvy plan 10.5 Euros, 12-month plan 9 Eur per month.

https://rouvy.com/pricing shows standard rate

Deal has been extended according to email I received earlier until midnight tonight.

You can chose whether to download a video for a course and what resolution to download.

Can offically share subscription with two others https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408650434961-Family-Sharing

Really easy to set up a trial, have a look this afternoon/evening and if you like it use the BF promo code to subscribe.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    edited November 2022
    Ooops, posted before registering your “no video” requirement.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    It looks like Rouvy is too high-tech.

I've set her up with the TR 28 day trial which I will cancel before it runs over. If TR just offered a 2nd person free or at least discounted it would be worth it.

If I find my wife a suitable app which is 2 for 1 then I will probably move.
  • There is Trainerday, which I think (to put it politely) took some inspiration from TrainerRoad.

But of course, nowhere near as polished.
  • navrig2

There is Trainerday, which I think (to put it politely) took some inspiration from TrainerRoad.

But of course, nowhere near as polished.

I looked at that but the screen looks more cluttered and I need it to be as a simple as TR so she concentrates on cycling and not what's on the screen other than outpute/greenbar and cadence, at least to start with.
  • navrig2 said:

I've set her up with the TR 28 day trial which I will cancel before it runs over. If TR just offered a 2nd person free or at least discounted it would be worth it.

It's too high-tech in which way?
  • navrig2
    nikocyclo said:

navrig2 said:

It's too high-tech in which way?
    It seems to be video based. The device she is using won't cop with anything more than straight numbers.