sunday it's nothing at all

'ning

wakey wakey

ride by the dawn's early light, o'er volcanoes and down swoopy bits, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Maybe another static pedal, as it's raining again. 45 mins today, see whether I die.

MiL over for lunch, so Mrs B³ will be in a mood. Hopefully the beef cheeks will bring harmony.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Morning Lily livered bandicoots

After the deluge yesterday and the day before and the day before that and the day... It's crispy sunny but a bit blowy.

Exceeded yearly total sometime in early November which is the furthest since 1991 but current miles are indoor. Need some sunny, dry, frosty weather.
    What does 25 roller miles equal on the road - 16?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited November 2022
    Good Sunday morning lie in. Glad I did a ride early evening yesterday, its gopping outside this morning. Enjoying some peace with the hounds while Mrs. 666 has popped out. Bloke from Sky coming round later to sort the mini box which won't behave properly then may do a job or two.

Germany v Spain this evening could be a good watch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Couple of runs with different mates and hounds shows the knee is holding up better and better.

Now off to the club for a swim then Sunday lunch and pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Popping over to see the old dear shortly, maybe I should drop round B³'s in case there's any food left over.
    It's even quieter in here than it was yesterday. Have a good one whatever you're doing.
  • pinno said:

25 mile is still 25 mile but perhaps 25 miles with a tailwind. I lower my tyre pressures on the rollers just to add a little resistance, otherwise I could go all day (boredom aside). It about equals the wind resistance out on the road.

Evening all. Got a cold coming on I think, feel meh and defiantly CBA so staying in and watchin the darts

• pinno

pinno said:

25 mile is still 25 mile but perhaps 25 miles with a tailwind. I lower my tyre pressures on the rollers just to add a little resistance...

What sort of pressure out of curiosity and does that accelerate tyre wear?
    I think I run mine at about 80-85psi on the rollers.

• ^ I drop the rear down to 40psi (being on two largish steel rollers) 25 x700 tyre, basically as low as I can go plus a bit for safety. No pinch problems, no tyre/innertube problems, it does get warm but not too warm to touch. Getting going can be tricky but once your rolling... On the road it’s back up to 100psi
  • pinno
    100psi on the road?!
    IIRC, you're not exactly a heavyweight.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ride rided, 60psi! Tubeless 38s on the graveller, right for gloopy wet conditions, lot of standing water in places but 'will I be lucky?' I was. Got rained on only in final km, had I not taken that break...

Hoodlum crows! Filled the bird feeder this morning before I left, it's now looking almost empty. Just watched a crow set it swinging wildly, they must have learned how to spill the seeds. Better wire down the top.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    100 psi here too, that's what it says on the tyre.

Been up a cold and windy mountain most of the day. Had to paddle through the ford again because the water was too high, it was a bit chilly.
    Seems like nap time now but got stuff to do, like pumping up my tyres.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    100 psi here too, but I'm a fatty.
  • pinno
    edited November 2022
    A not too rough guide. It was spot in for me:

https://cycling-sport.com/en/resources/tire-pressure-calculator
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    30mm 65psi
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

30mm 65psi

Is that close to what you ride?

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

30mm 65psi

Eh? That is what I ride. On the road. If you can call them roads round here.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pinno said:

It's suggesting my front wheel goes to 3.08 pubs but my rear should go to 3.27 so I'm confused. I have of course corrected from bars to pubs as the standard unit here.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

pinno said:

It's suggesting my front wheel goes to 3.08 pubs but my rear should go to 3.27 so I'm confused. I have of course corrected from bars to pubs as the standard unit here.
    If you are not getting at least 3.08 pubs per square inch you either need a different scale map or you need to move to a place with more pubs!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno said:

It suggests I go to 6 or 7 pubs! Well I'm defiantly slacking there, must try harder ;) Let me at 'em...

Just watched the darts final (Players Championship) at Butlins Minehead on telly, brilliant match, be worth looking up on catchup if you like darts.
  • pinno
    Darts?!?

One prefers to see the girls getting muddy in the CX than portly chaps chucking miniature spears at compressed Sisal.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

30mm 65psi

Eh? That is what I ride. On the road. If you can call them roads round here.
    I thought you had tried the calculator.
    [We have rejected sections of the Paris Roubaix route].