sky lightening over the volcanoes

ride, cafes, shopping, basking, may make a batch of curry
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Nice lie in this morning.
    Was going to go out but don't think I'll get back before the rain arrives.
    Might go back to sleep instead :smiley:
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Turned my legs over for 30 mins on static bike. Made my chest hurt, but it needed doing. Mini's b'day party later today. Laser quest.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    set out before sun was up, ¡ay, caramba! 14 degrees, brrr, fortunately it warmed up fast

had a doughnut at cafe two to recover
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Very windy wet. This is relentless.

The Tacx parabolic are calling...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Setting up new turbo, not going outside into that pish, unpack and find the console unit casing is broken. Erse. Still usable but just fired off a 'replacement perlease' missive.

A slight pre seasonal cheer, order placed for bare root fruit bushes, seeds, seed potatoes etc, spring won't be far away. Will it?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Plan of early run failed as even though we left our friends at a reasonable time, the pub was open and well……. 4am finish
  • beansnikpoh
    Got my cook on. Beef cheeks bubbling gently away with aromatic veg in stock, red wine and madeira. A few anchovies, pickled walnuts, dried ceps, thyme and bay for depth of flavour. Will leave it to sit and cool overnight then take out the cheeks, strain and reduce the sauce, warm the cheeks through in it, and serve on mashed potatoes with some carrots and greens.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited November 2022
    Was up a bit earlier than usual for a brekky with some mates over in Bromley. That'll see me through till dinner time - burp. May go for a pedal to burn off a few of this mornings calories then a few minor jobs and maybe a spot of world cup.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, popeed over Teddington Lock to pick up my new glasses. Old age is catching up with me. Stopped for coffee and cake. Now going to do some bike fettling, MTB was hosed of the heavy mud last night but will benefit from a proper clean, might as well do the green bike as well before fixing the flat tyre.
  • beansnikpoh
    Jeebus. The racket in here.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Nobody around
    Oh, what can break this silence?
    The P0rnhub intro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Ride rided - in the dark and drizzle. Now chilling watching some footy and deciding what take away to order.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    ThegreatcockofWalton! Did I really see it, or was I imagining things?
    On the latter stages of our ride yesterday, we were riding on the Thames path when off to one side I saw a bloke with his back to me, in front of him, standing erect and proud was a rather magnificent cokc. This thing was a good 2.5 feet erect. Had yellow plumage and a red crest. Pretty sure he had it on some sort of lead. I slowed after and turned to one of the others and asked if he had seen it, indeed he had. So I wasn't hallucinating, that's one of the stranger things I've seen on a ride.