thursday peregrinating aerially tabbyward

'ning

not raining (yet)

scenic airport stroll, brekkie, wfhotel, trundle to check-in, flounge for bubbly brunch, départ réel on bubbly flight to slumbering volcanoes, emulate them

subsequent despatches from your own correspondent may be intermittent
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Down the toll road again but this time for a scan for the youngest and hopefully good news. Need to fit a load of work in too 🙄
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,411
    tlw1 said:

Down the toll road again but this time for a scan for the youngest and hopefully good news. Need to fit a load of work in too 🙄

Good luck to junior for the scan.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Up too early, on train into town for a load of meetings and maybe get a pat on the back for the big win in court a couple of days ago. It'll help them remember come bonus time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

Up early so went for a hobble around town.
    WFW
    Gym later

Got mild toothache again, funny how it disappears when I go on holiday :neutral:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Morning vermicelli's

It's wet and it's going to get wetter.

Good luck with TLW jnr TLW.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    Mornin' slackers! Another day of floating around on Tramadol. No improvement in back.

Good luck with the scan for little tlw1. Tell them to be brave and make sure they have a nice treat afterwards.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Have a good flight @sungod
    Good luck with the scan @tlw1

Merry Christmas @everyone else.

Mrs HD is out at a gig tonight so I'll be leftovers and Zwift, possibly followed by a film in peace.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    Today I'm mostly doing this...

However not one murder. Cup of tea made. Glimpse of breast nor a fornicating postman.

So very very dull.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    hope all goes well twl!

over 4 hours since brekkie, that means it's legal to have the full english with the bubbly
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    sungod said:

hope all goes well twl!

over 4 hours since brekkie, that means it's legal to have the full english with the bubbly

In flounge at Gatwick? I recommend the Lanson Rose over whatever the standard bubbly is.
  • Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Good luck to junior for the scan.
    Yep, this + potato.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod

sungod said:

hope all goes well twl!

In flounge at Gatwick? I recommend the Lanson Rose over whatever the standard bubbly is.
    yep, that's the place, and happy to find the scrambled eggs are waaaay better than at heathrow a couple of weeks back, tasted like they'd simply scrambled some eggs

they've also got some castelnau at the moment, much nicer than the palmer, may try the rose with some bourbon biccies in a while
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Wfh again, a bit of a sore throat, which I don't want to make worse or spread. Hopefully back on the bike tomorrow.

All the best for younger tlw's scan.
  • sungod
    edited November 2022

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, but it's my Friday so that's a good thing. Out for a slow pootle with a couple of mates tomorrow, pub lunch will be a part of it. We'll have to ensure we stay properly hydrated all afternoon of course.
    Hope all is ok with the scan for the young one TLW. Hope the drugs work and the back improves pn69, bad backs really are extremely tedious. I've also got a slight sniffle, it's definitely the weather for it. I'm trying to maintain a hefty dose of MTFU and not let it defeat me, not least due to day off tomorrow.
    Hope everybody's having as much fun as they can.
  • If you call sheltering from the rain fun then yes, its a great day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    New turbo just been delivered. Time for a bit of fettling, now? Or is it beer o'clock? Tbd.

Man it was wild earlier, even had thunder 'n' lightning then blowin' a hoolie plus wet, again. All calmed down now. And tomorrow is looking good sunnywise. Get a ride in. Plan.
  • pinno
    Lightening and thunder and a torrent of hail and rain that flooded everything today.
    'Loons moat must be full to over flowing. That'll keep the smoker away.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Ooh coincidental timing. The mud's been washed off the CX course.

And nutjob the fags-suspect has admitted himself to the mental facility, again, according to neighbours.
  • tlw1
    Thanks all, really appreciate the virtual concern.

Outcome much better than 3am can’t sleep brain made it, thankfully an op should sort everything
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Outcome much better than 3am can’t sleep brain made it, thankfully an op should sort everything

Not... not the op? Like what we done to Beans?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

No, just a hernia - doing my head in because they kept saying it’s probably a cyst and will go away on it’s own
  • photonic69
    Hernias are cool except for.the shaved pubes and the very bruised c0ck! Why that happens I don't want to know.

• Stevo_666
    edited November 2022

Hernias are cool except for.the shaved pubes and the very bruised c0ck! Why that happens I don't want to know.

You and I seem to have a very similar injury list...

But on the plus side, once they'd stuck the plastic mesh in, it was better and stronger than before. A bit like a crapp version of the bionic man.
  • pinno
    "...plastic mesh... bionic..."

ROFL
    Try titanium.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

"...plastic mesh... bionic..."

ROFL
    Try titanium.

See the other thread - ever mind the 6 million dollar man - I'm the 22 million Euro man :p
  • veronese68
    I wonder which would be worth more $6m in about 1976 or €22m now? Don't care enough to check it out of course
  • photonic69

I wonder which would be worth more $6m in about 1976 or €22m now? Don't care enough to check it out of course

So you didn't have to....

€41,074,323.79

• veronese68
    Thought it might be more, didn't realise it would be quite so much. Can we trust your numbers whilst you're offyourtits on painkillers?
  • photonic69

Thought it might be more, didn't realise it would be quite so much. Can we trust your numbers whilst you're offyourtits on painkillers?

Dunno. It was after I woke from a 3 hour narcotic induced sleep. Maybe I meant 16,007 pregnant kangaroos?